Rcc stage 2 for gen 2

any of the drop in 10mm studs are fine for a stage 2... APE/ARP
youre aware the cases need drilled and tapped for the 1/2 in studs right? not something thats done by hand either. if they arent straight it will never work. the head will also need drilled out where the studs go.
That’ll be Franks problem. lol

I Was planning on doing some lsr in loring hopefully next year if bike is ready I was just talking to frank about that last week when we were discussing my build
I’m no mechanic These mods and parts are all new to me I came off 1000s i really didn’t mod them
Out to much besides exhausts, sprockets, etc. this is all a huge learning experience for me !!glad I have my Busa Bros For Input and advice

Hi For the motor I am building the APE are not as strong as I need. I plan to rev to 13500 RPM. It is an LSR, drag, street bike.

Are you sure you need that kind of rpm or is that where you will put your rev limiter at so you don't hit it? The torque curve for a 1300 begins to decline at around 9kish. I would be very concerned about a top end failure or valve spring issue but that's just me.

It’s been a year I have one more payment on stage two kit . I did it busa bros !!! Talked to frank and he definitely put my mind at ease we’re gonna put a ultra plenum in just gotta get boost controller, pistons, rods, clutch, through frank at powerhouse It’s gonna be a beast lol never in my wildest dreams would I think I could afford i used to druel looking at kits. Richard at rcc has been a huge in helping reach my dream Everyone in busa community has been great. U guys rock
The ultra plenum is a beautiful tool. These numbers were with quite conservative timing,93 octane and we left hp on the table as well as a very safe AFR and never went past 10k at all. This was a recent tune gen 1 with Wossner rods, pistons, a very mild Porttech head, stock cams at 107/107 and a lightened balanced stock stroke crank. arp studs, 65lb springs and some oil mods. Stage 1 turbo comp version with rcc ultra and a motec m130 utilizing an AMS1k since I need some instruction on the motec boost control. I have all the datalogs however I didn't install an IAT sensor in the plenum yet, we simply used a thermal to check it. 15 psi is what the AMS read, 206kpa on the datalog with a GM 3 bar that seems pretty closely calibrated, i may be off a little

tubeodyno.jpg

Are you sure you need that kind of rpm or is that where you will put your rev limiter at so you don't hit it? The torque curve for a 1300 begins to decline at around 9kish. I would be very concerned about a top end failure or valve spring issue but that's just me.
Torque dropping off isn’t a concern at that high of rpm. What you’re looking for is HP dropping off. Most stock head/cams gen 2s stop making power after 11,5. In Michael’s case if the head/cams combination is right, you could very well turn the engine that high. But if the limiter is set to 13k, and the power peaks at 12,2 that’s where you need to pay attention. If from 12,2 to 13k rpm the power drops 40hp, then there’s absolutely no reason to go thats high. At that point you’re not accelerating, you’re slowing down.

my warhead set up peaks at 10,200, and holds flat to 12,5, then starts to drop off. I usually set the limiter to 12,7 to 12,8.

Torque dropping off isn’t a concern at that high of rpm. What you’re looking for is HP sodropping off. Most stock head/cams gen 2s stop making power after 11,5. In Michael’s case if the head/cams combination is right, you could very well turn the engine that high. But if the limiter is set to 13k, and the power peaks at 12,2 that’s where you need to pay attention. If from 12,2 to 13k rpm the power drops 40hp, then there’s absolutely no reason to go thats high. At that point you’re not accelerating, you’re slowing down.

my warhead set up peaks at 10,200, and holds flat to 12,5, then starts to drop off. I usually set the limiter to 12,7 to 12,8.
Hi. It has a set of Web custom ground cams and a set of Pax valve springs Andy of DME set up the combo. It will have a set of Corrello rods that are being custom for my combo. The motor will have the HP to run deep into the 6.4s. I am not saying I can do it and the way the bike is set up for LSR and street will be able to do it, but the motor will have the power to.

Torque dropping off isn’t a concern at that high of rpm. What you’re looking for is HP dropping off. Most stock head/cams gen 2s stop making power after 11,5. In Michael’s case if the head/cams combination is right, you could very well turn the engine that high. But if the limiter is set to 13k, and the power peaks at 12,2 that’s where you need to pay attention. If from 12,2 to 13k rpm the power drops 40hp, then there’s absolutely no reason to go thats high. At that point you’re not accelerating, you’re slowing down.

220 mph at Loring in fifth gear. Highest rpm on that run was 9100. Okay so maybe I was over geared but I am lazy and hate changing sprockets at the track

Back