Motorcycle Grips.

What can I buy or use to get my grips. It’s gold wing grips on my busa . And left one is held on by some type of glue or something. My boy use his shank tool to try to lurk it off and we saw some brown looking stuff. And it would not come off it’s on there good. Or should I take it to a shop?.

4C046023-9E93-4718-8E7C-6C3B475F1DD6.jpeg

7DC9A210-7429-41AB-BA02-F68BEFEF6C69.jpeg

I’ve used a long thin screwdriver inching my way along the tube and peeling them up but if they were put on with globs of glue that’s hardened you may have to cut them off and buy another pair.
Ohh okay. I have another pair of grips . It’s just that I don’t have Anything to cut into the gold wing grips that’s already on there. I’ll try to show the end of them. Is there not any type of liquid or something that will loosen it up or something?.

Ohh okay. I have another pair of grips . It’s just that I don’t have Anything to cut into the gold wing grips that’s already on there. I’ll try to show the end of them. Is there not any type of liquid or something that will loosen it up or something?.

Not sure any ‘dissolving glue’ liquid could be inserted under the grips do you? I do know that heat can solve many problems with ‘stuck’ things. Even a hair dryer puts out enough heat w/o being so hot that it would damage something. Could take a few minutes of constantly directing the heated air while someone else is trying to lift or peel back the grips. I put the bottom of a fork leg into a bucket of boiling water to get a broken bolt loose once. Worked like a charm. Wait, are you trying to remove grips with metal in them? You posted two pics of different grips.

Not sure any ‘dissolving glue’ liquid could be inserted under the grips do you? I do know that heat can solve many problems with ‘stuck’ things. Even a hair dryer puts out enough heat w/o being so hot that it would damage something. Could take a few minutes of constantly directing the heated air while someone else is trying to lift or peel back the grips. I put the bottom of a fork leg into a bucket of boiling water to get a broken bolt loose once. Worked like a charm. Wait, are you trying to remove grips with metal in them? You posted two pics of different grips.
Ohh okay appreciate the info bro. I’m tryna remove the aluminum/metal looking ones. They were already on there when I bought the bike from my uncle. The the black looking ones are rubber and their oem. I want to put them on there

Ohh okay appreciate the info bro. I’m tryna remove the aluminum/metal looking ones. They were already on there when I bought the bike from my uncle. The the black looking ones are rubber and their oem. I want to put them on there

If all else fails use a hacksaw blade and start a cut, then peel and cut as needed. It will come off and then you’ll have to clean the goo off. :)

Those are aftermarket grips usually used on choppers and HD. They are rock solid. They are from Emgo.Junk basically. You half to pound them on with a rubber mallet. Cut all the metal off with a dremel tool and work from there. There are no screws or allen keys. The air idea wont work.They are super tight fitting even without glue. Just basterdize them. Cut,hammer,pull,repeat.

RSD.

Back