What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Found a used brock’s clutch mod, so will be installing it when I get a chance. Might order a replacement cover gasket in case It breaks while removing cover. I’ve had the cover off before for gear indicator replacement and put a new gasket then, but not sure if I’ll be able to reuse it.

View attachment 1608731
Did it come with HD clutch springs , good to put some in with that piece .

Did it come with HD clutch springs , good to put some in with that piece .

I’ve never tried them with an hydraulic clutch. On my 79 CBX I had them for awhile but the pull got to me just in a day ride. EBC made some that were heavy but not as heavy as HD and even they were kinda hard to pull. For every day riding, if they give a hard pull with hydraulic actuation I’d stay with stockers.

No HD springs and I wasn’t planning on adding any. I’m not an aggressive rider or drag racer, so figured I should be ok with the stock ones
We , in my neck of the woods have found it performs best (street ) with GSX1150 springs , not about being a kick ass drag racer , simply just works better . Maybe you will try it out as is and see how you go .

I’ve never tried them with an hydraulic clutch. On my 79 CBX I had them for awhile but the pull got to me just in a day ride. EBC made some that were heavy but not as heavy as HD and even they were kinda hard to pull. For every day riding, if they give a hard pull with hydraulic actuation I’d stay with stockers.
This removes the semi slipper type , Busa back torque limiter , hd springs help out is all , it doesn't make the clutch unusable heavy or uncomfortable , just better, I guess imho and others I know who own Busa .

This removes the semi slipper type , Busa back torque limiter , hd springs help out is all , it doesn't make the clutch unusable heavy or uncomfortable , just better, I guess imho and others I know who own Busa .
So what exactly does work better mean? Is the clutch action smoother, or is there slipping I'm not noticing? With the Brembo you can turn the hydraulics up, so maybe that will help with the heavier springs?

So what exactly does work better mean? Is the clutch action smoother, or is there slipping I'm not noticing? With the Brembo you can turn the hydraulics up, so maybe that will help with the heavier springs?
Do you mean before you install that ring and springs ? If you have ever taken off from the lights with some power , the stock Suzuki setup can / will slip and hop / grab on the clutch , and not cleanly or smoothly move off , but lurch and physically jolt forward . This ring , stops the clutch basket play / movement on launch , and allows smooth take off .
You loose the rear wheel slip on potential high rev hard brake lock up , but on the street this isn't usually much of a problem . The stock Suzuki setup isn't a true slipper anyway , but a semi type of setup .

Do you mean before you install that ring and springs ? If you have ever taken off from the lights with some power , the stock Suzuki setup can / will slip and hop / grab on the clutch , and not cleanly or smoothly move off , but lurch and physically jolt forward . This ring , stops the clutch basket play / movement on launch , and allows smooth take off .
You loose the rear wheel slip on potential high rev hard brake lock up , but on the street this isn't usually much of a problem . The stock Suzuki setup isn't a true slipper anyway , but a semi type of setup .
Im a mechanic and can look at most things and see how they work but I must confess that looking at how the busa clutch is made it puzzles me how that part actually "semi slips" in its design.

Worked on a couple of Gen 2’s yesterday,
The owners are preparing for the glorious summer we are just coming into. . .

984922F9-DC0F-479A-B39C-E39301C5751A.jpeg

B5BCDF78-BD0C-4606-910F-624D8E5849CC.jpeg

8C27740C-AA31-411C-9D77-68868196F683.jpeg

8F164129-7B3F-47ED-9F74-47024D6384AB.jpeg

Im a mechanic and can look at most things and see how they work but I must confess that looking at how the busa clutch is made it puzzles me how that part actually "semi slips" in its design.
That part Mabupa is fitting replaces the clutch center on the stock setup , the stock setup allows a lot of free play movement , this eliminates that play by just drop in replacement . APE sell that exact piece as well as Brocks for just 2 examples . APE also have a billet basket that has this built into design to replace the whole Suzuki basket , I will do this to replace my Brocks / APE drop in ring setup for my Busa , or maybe even something tricker again , but drop in ring is good for the moment .

No HD springs and I wasn’t planning on adding any. I’m not an aggressive rider or drag racer, so figured I should be ok with the stock ones
The stock is fine can add every other spring with a heavy spring but no need to go over 40pds. This way you have mix of stock and stronger but not as hard to pull at leaver but an improvement. Be mindful that you no longer have a slipper clutch it is a direct link which is the idea of part; but if down shifting aggressively say in a turn it will give you what you are asking for. Does not take long to respect it.

I just starred at it wishing it wasnt 15 degrees . I need to get to work on it but, i just havent had the time with the holidays.

Back