Top Speed For A Givi Top Box

jchbusa

Registered
So got a Givi box attached to a genuine Givi mounting frame on my Busa for my daily to work and back.

I regularly exceed 150mph on the motorway on my way home (not for long though and if the road is clear enough and just a bit of enjoyment so no comments on I shouldn't be doing it!) So am wondering on how this box would stand up?

Givi B27NMAL Top Box

Can't seem to find out any speed specs for it.

Speed specs for a Givi top box....??? I doubt such a thing exists.

Luggage and storage boxes and high speed isn't something which is normally conducive to each other.

I saw pictures of the Hayabusa being developed in the wind tunnel and there was no luggage on it.

Of course there's a few on this forum who do "mach chicken" regularly with luggage on their Busas....

untitled.png

Last edited:
This is in reality different for each rider due to your profile , and how you tuck . Ive been 191 with the side bags in Perfect conditions , and I pulled them inwards by cutting / welding mounts .
The Top case affects the bike the most . A good tail wind I might ping 170 ish with out riding a wet noodle .
The bird gets upset by the case easily and looks like a fish swimming . Hit 180 ish once in perfect winds .
The bike still has more , but picture riding a 170 plus mph fish ;)

This is in reality different for each rider due to your profile , and how you tuck . Ive been 191 with the side bags in Perfect conditions , and I pulled them inwards by cutting / welding mounts .
The Top case affects the bike the most . A good tail wind I might ping 170 ish with out riding a wet noodle .
The bird gets upset by the case easily and looks like a fish swimming . Hit 180 ish once in perfect winds .
The bike still has more , but picture riding a 170 plus mph fish ;)

Thank you for your input.
I have never been in this position before (had 12 years of daily 150MPH Busas without a top box) but got the new bike with the Givi stuff already on said bike. Thinking now it would be a easier commute to work with the top box instead of having to squeeze everything into a small ish tank bag.
Hopefully my bird (LOL) will be happy with what I ask of it with the top box aboard.
I will post my experiences in the near future to help others :-)

Having a big top box/bag on the back of a Hayabusa is like having one of those roof top carriers on a Hellcat or Shelby Mustang...

But hey, that's the good thing about a semi-free country/world, we can do things like that.

Having a big top box/bag on the back of a Hayabusa is like having one of those roof top carriers on a Hellcat or Shelby Mustang...

But hey, that's the good thing about a semi-free country/world, we can do things like that.

I totally agree but I need a a ride to work 5 days a week and need to enjoy the Busa on the the journey to and from work with my lunch etc. (leaving the hot heads cage drivers wondering why they took me on LoL) and also have to take my lunch and tech stuff to work :-)

I totally agree but I need a a ride to work 5 days a week and need to enjoy the Busa on the the journey to and from work with my lunch etc. (leaving the hot heads cage drivers wondering why they took me on LoL) and also have to take my lunch and tech stuff to work :-)

Hey, it's all good....at least you can take it off when you are riding on the weekends and such.

@jchbusa i am currently in same issue as you bro,i just got a 2015 busa 2 weeks ago, i also work 5 days a week and i drive my busa and been wanting to see whats the best top case for my busa , its my rain or shine transportation and i need to be able to carry my lunch and also my safety stuff. So far i been kinda interested in the SH45 top case but still looking around, let me know if you find anything.

@jchbusa i am currently in same issue as you bro,i just got a 2015 busa 2 weeks ago, i also work 5 days a week and i drive my busa and been wanting to see whats the best top case for my busa , its my rain or shine transportation and i need to be able to carry my lunch and also my safety stuff. So far i been kinda interested in the SH45 top case but still looking around, let me know if you find anything.

So far so good on the box I mentioned in this post :-)
It's only good for 1 helmet but it does fit my Oxford bag easily like attached but minus the magnetic bottom part. That contains my lunch a few more personal things and also my Dell Lattitude 7285 laptop so all good there.
One one fine dry sunny day after work managed to get to 145mph and didn't have any side effects :-) with this box on but also have a 57L dual helmet box but that's just for when er-indoors comes out with me in the summer but then again she does like top go super fast so will let you know what happens then LOL

regards

2019-11-28 20_01_38-Oxford 36L Expanding Magnetic Motorcycle Tank Bag - Google Search.png

I would ride with hard bags before a top case.
Have and have had a few set ups.
Mr Brown. When u pack a car with guages and stereo and a mini bar...stripper pole..
Where else you gonna carry the booze an dope. :super: View attachment 1608482

Everybody rides different.:crazy:

Rubb.

The only reason I went with the top box is that the bike already had it on it and also for er-indoors when she rides with me she likes to have something to rest against.

You have me thinking though a hard side luggage might look a bit better than a top box hhhmmmm will start to look for whats available for the busa :-)

The only reason I went with the top box is that the bike already had it on it and also for er-indoors when she rides with me she likes to have something to rest against.

You have me thinking though a hard side luggage might look a bit better than a top box hhhmmmm will start to look for whats available for the busa :-)
@Getn off has a full side bag set up for sale . Big discounts over new .

Back