Who Rode Today?

Got in a 120 miler, temps in the 50s and chilly. I prefer wearing leather but the leather itself gets and retains the cold far more than my textiles. The air ‘smooths,’ over the leather much better than it does when I wear a textile jacket. Took a few pics of the sun and saw a blue dot next to it that moved around a bit. Wonder what it was? The dot below the sun stayed put but the one above it moved left and then back!? See them?

Got in a 120 miler, temps in the 50s and chilly. I prefer wearing leather but the leather itself gets and retains the cold far more than my textiles. The air ‘smooths,’ over the leather much better than it does when I wear a textile jacket. Took a few pics of the sun and saw a blue dot next to it that moved around a bit. Wonder what it was? The dot below the sun stayed put but the one above it moved left and then back!? See them?View attachment 1608241

View attachment 1608242

View attachment 1608243

View attachment 1608244
I can see the blue dot, maybe it’s Elon Musk’s first air space vehicle lol

I can see the blue dot, maybe it’s Elon Musk’s first air space vehicle lol

Ha, whatever they were, can move (very) fast. I took four successive shots w/o moving, three were extreme close up and one at normal distance. The blue dot or blue light? just below the sun stayed put in all four shots but the one above hauled azz to the left, then up and then back just above the sun. I’m calling NASA!!!! :laugh:

Joe just budget for everything double , and sometimes triple ;) I have one riding jacket she has 5 . I borrow one of hers in the summer . I wouldn't want to trade it though as makes it easier to buy ti bolts .
Many of our conversations is bikes , types , mods , parts , trips , and vacations .
Seriously double gas, insurance etc my wife will eventually get another bike but we’ve decided there’s another debt or two we would like to get out of the way first. Though she’s just as content riding with me for the time being but it would be nice having the option to ride her own again

Was going to ride before the detail but my passenger decided to show....... :O

Was cleaning up the helmet and when I opened up the air port a spider dropped out. He decent ingrated promptly beneath my shoe.

View attachment 1608302

View attachment 1608303

That spider was just looking for a home you know. :) After a long summer tour where I wore my armored double mesh jacket most days, I noticed there were more than one lil (live) creature clinging to the mesh when I got home. I’d always brushed and cleaned the jacket after a ride but had never seen live critters in the mesh before. Made me wonder how many days these I’ll guys had been traveling with me!

CA's State Route 243 has been closed nearly a year for repair after a nasty storm.
Reopened 3 wks ago.
Brand New asphalt! I couldn't wait!
Finally got the time to go today - a small window, as a 3-day storm is approaching.

243Sat.png

But alas ...
IMG_3027.JPG

Road Temp closed while they filmed a Harley commercial further up...
It was too windy anyway, spent what little time I had on the new asphalt working the wind, not the road.
59648569337__3B1D0F4D-B1F0-46FD-A522-BB2B45EEF553.JPG

IMG_3021.JPG

Nice to get out, though

CA's State Route 243 has been closed nearly a year for repair after a nasty storm.
Reopened 3 wks ago.
Brand New asphalt! I couldn't wait!
Finally got the time to go today - a small window, as a 3-day storm is approaching.

View attachment 1608322

But alas ...
View attachment 1608323
Road Temp closed while they filmed a Harley commercial further up...
It was too windy anyway, spent what little time I had on the new asphalt working the wind, not the road.
View attachment 1608326
View attachment 1608327

Nice to get out, though
Beautiful John !

Temp high 50s and sunny
1 deer seen going across the road
Rained overnight so secondary roads and places where trees hang over the road were still wet. Just a short quick blast around the short circuit, kept it nice and easy on the backroads but ran a good pace on the main roads. Only 35 miles but I’ll take it. Last ride until next week. A couple of pics, in one you can see the pine needles and leaves on the road which is what the back roads looked like today.

C2262F04-F0E5-4BB7-BC22-B0AD7E482787.jpeg

87B807AA-7FB4-4623-BC8C-794D6761D6ED.jpeg

Temp high 50s and sunny
1 deer seen going across the road
Rained overnight so secondary roads and places where trees hang over the road were still wet. Just a short quick blast around the short circuit, kept it nice and easy on the backroads but ran a good pace on the main roads. Only 35 miles but I’ll take it. Last ride until next week. A couple of pics, in one you can see the pine needles and leaves on the road which is what the back roads looked like today.

View attachment 1608402

View attachment 1608403
Thomas what year is your ABS bird ?

Back