Low rpm Jumpy jerky touchy throttle

Neco

Registered
My 08 hayabusa was jumpy at 2500-4000 rpm, after swapping all the sensors like tps, map.... and ecu swap ecu remapping nothing changed, it was end up being crank shaft positioning sensor on flywheel, swapped that with new generator and everything was fine, i would like to share my experience, hope it may help.

C265448A-37E3-45C0-8FC4-C75F63214D2B.jpeg

So how did you eventually find that it was this burnt out stator was the cause of the problem?
The battery must have been quite low in it's charge state and cranking speed slow and hard to start the bike? Jumper leads necessary?
Did you fit a genuine Suzuki stator (generator) or a cheap chinese part?

So how did you eventually find that it was this burnt out stator was the cause of the problem?
The battery must have been quite low in it's charge state and cranking speed slow and hard to start the bike? Jumper leads necessary?
Did you fit a genuine Suzuki stator (generator) or a cheap chinese part?
Generator was fine all electric system was fine, but sensor was the problem i just change the hole thing, i find out after hours of work and trying the swap other things, i was lucky to have great mechanic, i used original suzuki part

Generator was fine all electric system was fine, but sensor was the problem i just change the hole thing, i find out after hours of work and trying the swap other things, i was lucky to have great mechanic, i used original suzuki part
Wow, being so black it looks burnt to me. . . so its still charging OK? Amazing. I guess it must be just black from having really dirty oil in the engine . . change your oil more often lol. :poke:

Wow, being so black it looks burnt to me. . . so its still charging OK? Amazing. I guess it must be just black from having really dirty oil in the engine . . change your oil more often lol. :poke:
I’ve just bought the bike like that, they didnt take care of it, for sure ill do my best

Kiwi,
You might want to go over and have a look at the "trump impeachment" thread. You will see that you cant use that kind of language here. SO please behave.... :poke:
And here I was thinking we had freedom of speech . . . I'm gonna have to choose my words carefully from now on,
and as for that sh*t storm you created with the Trump impeachment thread, I'm keeping right away from that,
politics and religion is the reason people fight.
Oh, apart from money. Oh, and sex.
Anyway, I'm here for the brotherhood of the mighty Hayabusa Family!!

Last edited:
And here I was thinking we had freedom of speech . . . I'm gonna have to choose my words carefully from now on,
and as for that sh*t storm you created with the Trump impeachment thread, I'm keeping right away from that,
politics and religion is the reason people fight.
Oh, apart from money. Oh, and sex.
Anyway, I'm here for the brotherhood of the mighty Hayabusa Family!!
you hopefully know i was kidding, right? ;)

Here is what i have checked or changed before i came to crank shaft sensor i dont want you to jump to conclusion on csp sensor if you have jumpy throttle you may have something else wrong
Tps sensor
Map sensor
Ecu
Ecu remapping
Air intake pressure sensor
Cam shaft positioning sensor
Ignition coils
Spark plugs
Fuel enjectors
Fuel pump pressure
Battery
Cylinder compressions
Timing
Intake necks (i dont know the name those plastic things within intake assmbly and head 4 of them, actuly they were faulty and leaking air also)
Finally tried crank shaft sensor and turned to be the problem, those thing were all done on dyno

My 08 hayabusa was jumpy at 2500-4000 rpm, after swapping all the sensors like tps, map.... and ecu swap ecu remapping nothing changed, it was end up being crank shaft positioning sensor on flywheel, swapped that with new generator and everything was fine, i would like to share my experience, hope it may help.

View attachment 1608172

thanks a lot for this hint when jerking at constant speed
this prob we hadn´t have here till today - so i learned again something new
thanks again for "teaching" :thumbsup:
i´ll take this hint as pt. 6 to my homepage´s list

but if you have that jerking at constant speed
there might be some other probs like :
1. throttle cable too tight - no 3-5 mm gap at throttle grip
2. at ´99 & ´00 busa - old ´99 kinked fuel hoses - see at ´00 update manual part 4 - use ´00 hoses
3. shrinked shock absorbers in rear wheel for sprocket drum - change to new
4. gear sensor fails (it is "sitting" behind outer clutch drum) - replace by gen II´s
5. again ´99 & ´00 busa - external pump - pumps´ filter "jammed / blocked" and fuel pressure failing - my exp. was to change to internal pump - but VERY tricky & quite technically complex and expensive

Back