Rubb needs a new tire a 330

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Need a new rear skin for my turbo Busa. ITs currently running an Avon 330 something. 3000 miles on it,its done. 4 inch extended swing arm doesnt help. Keeps the front down,but lightens her up in the ass. All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

RubberWornOutSideDown.

Go check out the used tire pile at the rear of every bike shop in your local area . . .
Or sell some parts you have shown us you have, and just buy a new tire!
Simple as that :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Me thinks the bastad just want some brand recs. That size brutha rub limits it for sure. I am not aware of enything better than the avon. check revzilla they usually have some good deals.

No crap , I have seen a Rocket 3 , running a car tire . I lmao , the bloke says he gets fantastic mileage compared to the proper bike tires !! Pretty close to 'driving' a motorcycle as you are going to get ....hahahah
In my world (NZ) we have a annual safety inspection called a Warrant of Fitness, I am a Govt approved and registered inspector and we have a rule book we must adhere to when inspecting vehicles.
If I saw a car tyre on a motorcycle I would write the thing off the road.... a care tire is not fit for purpose and will reduce the cornering and handling to the point of being dangerous.
It’s not rocket science.
Rant over.
Kiwi.
:banghead:

In my world (NZ) we have a annual safety inspection called a Warrant of Fitness, I am a Govt approved and registered inspector and we have a rule book we must adhere to when inspecting vehicles.
If I saw a car tyre on a motorcycle I would write the thing off the road.... a care tire is not fit for purpose and will reduce the cornering and handling to the point of being dangerous.
It’s not rocket science.
Rant over.
Kiwi.
:banghead:
If fools value a couple of extra miles over their motorcycle intended handling design , so be it .... DARWIN AWARDS potential , right there !!!! HAHAHAHAH

These giant fully bagged and boxed touring rigs, loaded for touring, weigh somewhere around 1,200 POUNDS with just one rider and they absolutely chew up rear tires. They do not handle the way sport bikes or Uber sport touring rigs like ours do. However, after hundreds of thousands of ‘proven’ miles on their rears, any reasonable person must admit that they have some merit. I’ve only seen slow speed vids of how the rear car tire‘s contact patch meets the pavement in a corner and they’re not for me regardless of the type of bike I ride. There (is) a difference in their respective sealing edges as to how they adhere or grip whatever rim they’re mounted on and that’s another reason I won’t use them. Has anyone seen them mounted on a front wheel?

These giant fully bagged and boxed touring rigs, loaded for touring, weigh somewhere around 1,200 POUNDS with just one rider and they absolutely chew up rear tires. They do not handle the way sport bikes or Uber sport touring rigs like ours do. However, after hundreds of thousands of ‘proven’ miles on their rears, any reasonable person must admit that they have some merit. I’ve only seen slow speed vids of how the rear car tire‘s contact patch meets the pavement in a corner and they’re not for me regardless of the type of bike I ride. There (is) a difference in their respective sealing edges as to how they adhere or grip whatever rim they’re mounted on and that’s another reason I won’t use them. Has anyone seen them mounted on a front wheel?
Sidecar road outfit only , with a leading link type suspension sort of setup .

Back