8 minutes of BusaWing part 2 walk around

c10

Registered
Not a ride video , but a part 2 of a two year old video of the upgrades , and improvements . Up close for those far away unable to see in person .
What you cant see is 34,xxx of road scratches , chips , and nicks . Depressing cleaning up on the lift , but I just remember how fun all these miles have been .
RJ is ready for several more thousand miles again before needing service .

Future changes are lighter rear side case racks i'm modifying over a cold winter ( for South Texas 45 degrees ;) ) Titanium rear axle , Brembo clutch master , and misc hardware improvements .

I only use my plate for hotels when traveling alone . It does two things . Keeps bike close to the front lit up well usually . Also I can get a ADA room on lvl 1 that keeps me close to bike sometimes with a window I can see it through .
I like being on lvl 1 or 2 in hotels due to most fire alarm systems are in bad shape in hotels .

I got a disabled plate too , my Busa is my disability registered vehicle !!
Very special machine you have put together Bryon , with fantastic BHP , always looks immaculate for the many enjoyed miles . Duly noted for tremendous passion for Busa , and indeed , with everything to do with bikes in general , a much admired bike and owner , and an asset to the Org.

Nice! Lots of work to lose that much weight. Didn't you lose ABS since your last video?
Joe I did sir . RJ might be a few pound lighter than stated as I would need to go through all my photos , and numbers to confirm . I do know over the last two weeks on the lift the foam removal , fan shrouds , Ti bolts were 2 lb of savings .
It was pleasant yesterday riding with no sound or vibration changes from the 40% foam reduction on the bike .
Next time the fairings are off Ill reduce another 10 to 15 % .
One thing to mention if I stripped RJ of all extras ( lights , cruise , Radar , GPS , RDL seat , Racks )
the bike would be 100 plus lb lighter than stock .
I could even run a 1 lb lighter race battery with a 1.5 lb lighter Race Lady Bird exhaust muffler in full Titanium core .
The Muzzy Carbon can is not a Titanium core like others . Therefore its weighs more than the Titanium header/mid pipe . The sound though is perfect for touring . Not loud till you get on it hard .
I may try to source a damage Akro can to get the titanium insert to try on my muzzy .

Joe I did sir . RJ might be a few pound lighter than stated as I would need to go through all my photos , and numbers to confirm . I do know over the last two weeks on the lift the foam removal , fan shrouds , Ti bolts were 2 lb of savings .
It was pleasant yesterday riding with no sound or vibration changes from the 40% foam reduction on the bike .
One thing to mention if I stripped RJ of all extras ( lights , cruise , Radar , GPS , RDL seat , Racks )
I could even run a 1 lb lighter race battery with a 1.5 lb lighter Race Lady Bird exhaust muffler in full Titanium core .
The Muzzy Carbon can is not a Titanium core like others . Therefore its weighs more than the Titanium header/mid pipe . The sound though is perfect for touring . Not loud till you get on it hard .
I may try to source a damage Akro can to get the titanium insert to try on my muzzy .
It would be nice to lose 100lbs from the busa! I have second thoughts about going with the slip-on over a full TI exhaust but maybe in the future some time. I need to get my ECU flashed in July after my warranty is up. At my age this will probably be my last bike since these things last so long.

It would be nice to lose 100lbs from the busa! I have second thoughts about going with the slip-on over a full TI exhaust but maybe in the future some time. I need to get my ECU flashed in July after my warranty is up. At my age this will probably be my last bike since these things last so long.
It is not wallet friendly to reduce that weight . Over 4 years , and deal shopping . Best bang for the buck in weight reduction is Wheels , and exhaust . These will transform the bird greatly .
I would like to note that the APEX 6 are great , but great deal of work to clean the front due to access , and angles . Rear is ok because room is present to work . BST would be the way to go for ease of keeping clean .
At the rally in October many people sat on RJ , and were shocked how it felt . 600 was thrown around loosely.
RJ is not my R6 witch was also extreme diet down to 390's , but the bird does not tire me at all riding .
The FJR1300 , ZX11 , ZZR1200 all were tiring in the Ozark mountains .

Bryan I wonder what RJ would run in the 1/4 and what it trap speedwise with you at your weight. I’m not even talking about adding all the typical tricks that we know reduce ET but you and your bike time compared to a stock Busa and journalist time doing a review. I think in 08 they pulled 9.78 at 148 on a stock Busa

It is not wallet friendly to reduce that weight . Over 4 years , and deal shopping . Best bang for the buck in weight reduction is Wheels , and exhaust . These will transform the bird greatly .
I would like to note that the APEX 6 are great , but great deal of work to clean the front due to access , and angles . Rear is ok because room is present to work . BST would be the way to go for ease of keeping clean .
At the rally in October many people sat on RJ , and were shocked how it felt . 600 was thrown around loosely.
RJ is not my R6 witch was also extreme diet down to 390's , but the bird does not tire me at all riding .
The FJR1300 , ZX11 , ZZR1200 all were tiring in the Ozark mountains .
I don't know where you find the time to do all the things you do...

Uploading a video explanation . Our performance was not of standards .
@Dopey I answer what happened with the back torque limiter buddy .
In honesty I little desire to make passes on RJ due to the abuse the clutch sees .
After years of drag racing myself , and being a small teams crew chief/ engine builder / tuner .
My days are done especially when the two local tracks have really gone down hill in terms of prep.
Also the cars allowed on test / tune days usually oil the track down several times . To much shut down time from mismanaged track .

DSC_2066.JPG

DSC_2065.JPG

DSC_2067.JPG

DSC_2068.JPG

Back