Hayabusa issues 2014 Gen 2

Tyman

Registered
Ok so I let my friend ride my busa last weekend. I get the bike back and clutch slipping so I tried to turn around and head home and the clutch went out then the oil cap pop out. So I pulled over immediately that’s when I notice the oil cap missing. So I get another oil cap and the bike wouldn’t start. I then got a jump and t fired back up. I tried again to make it home riding around 60mph in which this was as fast as it would go. Then it happened again at high rpms the clutch completely burnt up and oil cap gone again. Meanwhile both time the bike stil had sufficient amount oil in it. So I brought it to a shop they replaced the clutches dried the oil pan and only to see clutch pieces in the oil pan clutch basket had groves in it. So we replaced the clutch basket new clutches . Then when we try to start the bike it has an rough start after letting it sit we get even a tougher start. Then after letting it sit a minutes the battery dies and won’t start unless we charge or jump it. We also tried a new battery same issue. I told them to put cheap ok in run it for some time in place then drain and new oil again right. My question is why is the battery dying why is the bike starting rough. I’m kinda scared after horrible stories about motors being messed up motor seal etc. but when the bike is running the motor sounds fine , we have no ride it we are trying to determine the issue at hand. Any help for I for sure don’t want to do motor work n a 2014 hayabusa with only 14,000 miles on it, this bike never had any issues until now

BA3C1FD5-19FF-4C10-864D-DCE047B28673.jpeg

90997698-5286-4C4D-836A-9DE0560BD5D6.jpeg

First post I see......welcome to the forum...more info is required I believe.

Are you the original owner?
When was the oil changed last?
Odd the oil cap is popping off, sounds like pressure is building up in the crank, the vent hose might be blocked or crimped, pressure building is never good...

Damn what did your friend do to that bike?? I’d be mad as hell it can’t be coincidence is he and experienced rider? Burnt up clutch in only a weekend??? Perhaps it had drag on it and had been slipping for a bit??

Odd the oil cap is popping off, sounds like pressure is building up in the crank, the vent hose might be blocked or crimped, pressure building is never good...
Yep, the high crankcase pressure is not a good sign something is blocked clogged, clutch may have been slipping for awhile leaving trash throughout and trashing the rings/seal possibly. The pressure could also explain why it didn’t want to run above 60

I’d flush the engine, inspect, do a compression check/leak down etc... if you are used to working on engine that is, I would inspect as best I could and let that lead my decision of pulling it out or to what extent I go through it.

Reactions: c10
Ok so I let my friend ride my busa last weekend. I get the bike back and clutch slipping so I tried to turn around and head home and the clutch went out then the oil cap pop out. So I pulled over immediately that’s when I notice the oil cap missing. So I get another oil cap and the bike wouldn’t start. I then got a jump and t fired back up. I tried again to make it home riding around 60mph in which this was as fast as it would go. Then it happened again at high rpms the clutch completely burnt up and oil cap gone again. Meanwhile both time the bike stil had sufficient amount oil in it. So I brought it to a shop they replaced the clutches dried the oil pan and only to see clutch pieces in the oil pan clutch basket had groves in it. So we replaced the clutch basket new clutches . Then when we try to start the bike it has an rough start after letting it sit we get even a tougher start. Then after letting it sit a minutes the battery dies and won’t start unless we charge or jump it. We also tried a new battery same issue. I told them to put cheap ok in run it for some time in place then drain and new oil again right. My question is why is the battery dying why is the bike starting rough. I’m kinda scared after horrible stories about motors being messed up motor seal etc. but when the bike is running the motor sounds fine , we have no ride it we are trying to determine the issue at hand. Any help for I for sure don’t want to do motor work n a 2014 hayabusa with only 14,000 miles on it, this bike never had any issues until now

View attachment 1607364

View attachment 1607365
"I for sure don’t want to do motor work n a 2014 hayabusa with only 14,000 miles on it"

Why not? your friend hopefully pays for it. Bring it to a good shop and let they do the necessary work and send him the bill. Easy!

Im the original owner, the oil is always changed before time. But if the Clutch is burnt out badly and at high rpms wouldn’t that cause the cap to pop off? Idk I’m just trying to make sense of it

Damn what did your friend do to that bike?? I’d be mad as hell it can’t be coincidence is he and experienced rider? Burnt up clutch in only a weekend??? Perhaps it had drag on it and had been slipping for a bit??
Never had a drag bike was working perfectly and I never had a single proble

"I for sure don’t want to do motor work n a 2014 hayabusa with only 14,000 miles on it"

Why not? your friend hopefully pays for it. Bring it to a good shop and let they do the necessary work and send him the bill. Easy!
Sounds like people’s court I go. Mostly my fault for allowing this I never let anyone ride my bike. I’m pissed still paying notes and got this.

Im the original owner, the oil is always changed before time. But if the Clutch is burnt out badly and at high rpms wouldn’t that cause the cap to pop off? Idk I’m just trying to make sense of it

Hmmmm, if your friend had anything to do with the clutch finally giving out, he must have been doing something crazy but I suspect the clutch was on it's way out before he rode it. Sure looks like it got hot though.

The oil cap should not be popping off under those circumstances, if that were the case, drag bikes would be losing them all the time. Something is causing the engine to build pressure in the crank case, check the breather tubes and filter located in the airbox.

One of the silver backs with more knowledge will be coming along shortly I'm sure.

For the record, nobody rides my bikes...but me.

Definitely that crap in the pan has been circulating in your motor , blocking oil galleries etc. . That ain't no friend bro , he must have ridden that clutch like he also rides his own hand on the internet , what a wanker !!
Man I’m just hoping the motor good

Definitely that crap in the pan has been circulating in your motor , blocking oil galleries etc. . That ain't no friend bro , he must have ridden that clutch like he also rides his own hand on the internet , what a wanker !!
Haha . . you got a way with words bro!
That clutch has had SERIOUS abuse.
That motor needs to be stripped and checked.
Study this chart . .
1573291495503.png

1573291438641.png

1573291011432.png

Heres another view of the lubrication system
1573291630419.png

1573291583523.png

Note the oil (with the debris from the clutch) first goes through the strainer before the pump.
The strainer mesh will be clogged, the bits small enough to go through the mesh will have gone through the oil pump, then through the oil cooler blocking that also, then to the filter clogging that up.
Oil pressure and flow rate are significantly reduced causing heat and friction damage to bearing surfaces and all metal to metal surfaces (cams to buckets) will be affected.
Bad news. Your 'friend' owes you a motor.

That’s more then just clutch material in the pan.

The clutch plates are the very last parts to see oil. With as much trash that’s in the pan, the oil pickup is also going to be packed full with that junk making it hard to suck up oil and further limiting the amount of oil the clutch sees. That would also cause the oil filter to clog up and force the bypass open effectively making the filter useless.

More then likely the cylinder walls are scored up pretty bad and that’s where you would be getting excessive crankcase pressure. A simple compression test will Give you an idea how bad it is.

Haha . . you got a way with words bro!
That clutch has had SERIOUS abuse.
That motor needs to be stripped and checked.
Study this chart . .
View attachment 1607398
View attachment 1607397
View attachment 1607396

Heres another view of the lubrication system
View attachment 1607400
View attachment 1607399
Note the oil (with the debris from the clutch) first goes through the strainer before the pump.
The strainer mesh will be clogged, the bits small enough to go through the mesh will have gone through the oil pump, then through the oil cooler blocking that also, then to the filter clogging that up.
Oil pressure and flow rate are significantly reduced causing heat and friction damage to bearing surfaces and all metal to metal surfaces (cams to buckets) will be affected.
Bad news. Your 'friend' owes you a motor.
I love your knowledge!
In your opinion- what does someone have to do to screw up the clutch so badly? I have never seen this before...

Back