Thoughts on these frame sliders?

Slowstang305

Registered
I'm wondering if these can be installed without even removing the fairings? What do you guys think? Are these just screw on or just worthless?

s-l1600.jpg

I'm wondering if these can be installed without even removing the fairings? What do you guys think? Are these just screw on or just worthless?

View attachment 1607304

I can’t tell where they’d attach (and) they’re solid aluminum? Don’t know how aluminum would react to scraping the pavement vs the Delrin type material in other frame protectors that’s quite hard and dense but still gives (shreds) as they touch down.

No Cuts don’t usually have a large enough and strong enough bolt for a lay down and are really only good for a drop over.
Not so my friend. The T-Rex sliders have a connecting rod that runs through the engine bay connecting the 2 sides and making them appropriately strong. The sliders the OP posted do not look like a good idea because that will damage the frame. This is not conjecture on my part, tested 2 sets of T-Rex sliders and they work, wouldn't ride without them. Minimizing crash damage is only part of the issue, being able to ride her home is important too.

Not so my friend. The T-Rex sliders have a connecting rod that runs through the engine bay connecting the 2 sides and making them appropriately strong. The sliders the OP posted do not look like a good idea because that will damage the frame. This is not conjecture on my part, tested 2 sets of T-Rex sliders and they work, wouldn't ride without them. Minimizing crash damage is only part of the issue, being able to ride her home is important too.

I said ‘don't usually‘, not referring to the T-Rex brand.

my recommendation
(grown from experiences of others)

save your money or invest it in maintenance or set up a special savings account with your bank to which you transfer a small amount every month or give the prize for pads to the salvation army.

because - I once experienced it myself LIVE! - these crash pads ultimately do / help nothing,
except the situation when the motorcycle stands and just falls over.

during this live experience (at a friend´s gen1, some 5 years ago),
the pad bent completely backwards, the side panel was pressed in, a bit broken and badly scratched.
The cockpit and tail fairing were also scratched.

so what for did he payed that money?
in my opinion for real nonsense.

where and how the whole mess did happen?

on our (absolutely flat) race track (here near Berlin) at a speed of approx. 50 km / h
5th stint - he was a bit tired and braked for a left corner too much - bang!

and now think about, what else could have got broken,
if the pad had hooked into a lid in the street or something similar.
no thanks - I do not want to imagine that in more detail!

Assembling:
a. for some, a hole must be drilled in the side panel
b. then there are those whose brackets go through the ventilation hole in the side panel side to side as like as "fallenarch" describes above.

statement:
no matter what pad ever you think about - it's all pure rubbish !

“statement:
no matter what pad ever you think about - it's all pure rubbish”

Opinion is more accurate

another so much useful nice piece is the (carbonadi) protector for generator´s cover.

mainly made of glassfibre-reinforced plastic and finally covered with some layers of carbon.

i had it on my former busa while a little accident in south france 9 years ago
(busa felt while a u-turm on its left side and scratched some 2 or 3 meters)
the protector only had one big scratch but the cover was still ok . :banana: !
that way my holidays have been "rescued"
look here (the white "area")
Limadeckel am 2011-08-17.jpg

okay some more scratches at the fairing but a bit of paint would make them unseen.

2nd story
a colleague had one touch (around 5-10 mph only) with the his unprotected cover with a massive flowerpot - the gen.´s cover got cracked and a riding home was never more possible by leaking oil.
his busa had to be towed home. (very expensive because he was in Prague and he lifed in Berlin ~ 350 km)

manufactorer in europe is "carbonadi" (Carbonadi - SUZUKI GSXR1300 Hayabusa generator cover protector)

thats how my protector looks like (when new)

174_0.jpg

and - hurray - yes he delivers worldwide for 7 € only
see Carbonadi - Shipping & Returns

- better one can not spend a little money to his busa.

Last edited:
Back