Street comfortable performance upgrades

I get that, just curious as to what it is that they're selling.

Only the best at a couple places around here.
Kerosene in the winter, 110 in the summer!
Same tank too, makes it the most efficient way to get the kerosene out...just mix it with the gas...it all burns, lol.

The places I get the 110 from its all in its own tank never mixed with anything. We have a lot of muscle cars up here and performance cars that run race gas. So that's why we have it at the pump. I know Brainerd MN has a vp gas station next to the track and they sell race gas in 5 gallon drums. They have all sorts of different stuff.

Man I had forgotten this thread! Much of my inspiration came from 1busa's approach. Although my goals were a bit different we were looking at the same sort of results. Read the entire thread again last night! Thanks again bro for sharing this!

Thanks Arch :beerchug:

Truth be told my Busa pales in comparison to your build. :bowdown:

I didn’t really have a set plan and just kinda went with the flow and took advantage of deals when I came across em. In a perfect world I would’ve done a bunch of things different but you live and you learn. I definitely gained a lot of knowledge from modifying this bike that’s for damn sure!!!

Thanks Arch :beerchug:

Truth be told my Busa pales in comparison to your build. :bowdown:

I didn’t really have a set plan and just kinda went with the flow and took advantage of deals when I came across em. In a perfect world I would’ve done a bunch of things different but you live and you learn. I definitely gained a lot of knowledge from modifying this bike that’s for damn sure!!!
1busa since you mentioned it in your last post, could you tell us what or how you would do things differently. Hind sight being 20/20. I am curious since I am starting to look at my own build and have a similar goal to what your vision started as.

1busa since you mentioned it in your last post, could you tell us what or how you would do things differently. Hind sight being 20/20. I am curious since I am starting to look at my own build and have a similar goal to what your vision started as.
Hi. There are so many ways to go with the Busa. What is street comfortable perfprmance to you? For me it is ultra light weight with a 12 inch over swingarm,carbon fiber body work and an RCC 1000HP turbo kit with nitrous. That is the bike I am building for the street, drags and LSR racing.

Hi. There are so many ways to go with the Busa. What is street comfortable perfprmance to you? For me it is ultra light weight with a 12 inch over swingarm,carbon fiber body work and an RCC 1000HP turbo kit with nitrous. That is the bike I am building for the street, drags and LSR racing.
Would be a bit of an over-kill to dash to the corner store on that bike......unless the corner store is exactly 1/4 mile from your house....:laugh:

Would be a bit of an over-kill to dash to the corner store on that bike......unless the corner store is exactly 1/4 mile from your house....:laugh:
Hi. I will have the HP turned down to 350 to 400 for the street also the gears will be 18/43 for street with a 200/50 17 tire, for LSR they will be 20/36 with a 200/60 17 tire. I would like the bike to be 450 lbe in street trim.

I think I would’ve just saved my $$$ and did everything at once instead of gradually. Would’ve laid out my plans/goals and selected the pieces needed to accomplish it. There’s a few times I shot my self in the foot and had to go back and change something or decided to go a different direction. That was wasted down time and $$$ used towards something else.

I think I would’ve just saved my $$$ and did everything at once instead of gradually. Would’ve laid out my plans/goals and selected the pieces needed to accomplish it. There’s a few times I shot my self in the foot and had to go back and change something or decided to go a different direction. That was wasted down time and $$$ used towards something else.

Excellent question! I was giving 1busa a chance to chime in before I did. I have done the slow roll and the all-at-once path and my recommendation is both ways are best.

First make sure you know your bike and you understand your relationship with it. Some ride and ride and barely take time to wash the bike. Others tinker constantly and are OCD about things. That's a bigger factor than you think because high performance Busas require a lot of attention! I've seen people buy a Busa because they want a 5-6 foot stretch (joking) only to realize that mod is a PIA to street only drives to work! So for planning what you want to do for starters, I say go slow, learn what is available, and learn your relationship with the bike.

If you have a new or new to you OEM Busa, first thing you will want is cans. Cans are a crazy waste of money IMHO as dual cans will cost as much as a full 4:1 system. Always get the most exhaust system you can afford or you will buy 2-3 systems before you get where you want things. Get over the dual can thing: A single can is cheaper, lighter, performs great, sounds great, and gives easy chain access. Anyway, trust me get a Ti full system something and a dyno tune from the start - that will ultimately be the cheapest in the end.

It's also important to know something about the Busa to feel comfortable working on it. If you have to find someone to do this work it will either cost a fortune or you'll be at the mercy of a DIY guy who may not know much more than you do. So giving yourself some time to know the bike is important.

This is my thinking on mods:

1. Comfort: Helibars, levers, mirrors, seats and maybe rearsets too.
2. Aesthetics (minor): Basic bling, small stretch, etc. I sort of put the exhaust in this category too.
3. Brakes: S.S. lines & pads, MC, then calipers
4. Suspension: Springs & setup, fork internals (springs & valves), replacement forks.
5. Handling: mainly weight reduction, wheels
6. Power: The Sky is the limit.
7. Aesthetics (major): Paint schemes, altered body panels,
7. Crazy: this category is for @michael parris heuberger . Lol!

I think items 1- part of 3 can be done without too much of a plan, but the rest require a pretty good knowledge of what can be done and how to actually use higher end equipment so a plan and some study are a really good idea. So the Busa can be many things:

A. Great general all around bike
B. Sports tourer
C. Sporty bike (not a sport bike but sort of like that)
D. Street racer
E. Drag monster

The Busa can do many of these things at a time but the more you specialize the bike for a specific use the less successful it becomes at the other roles. Also, the more committed you are to a specific role you find your mods are heavy in the 3, 4 & 5 area. Also note that it takes a lot more money and a lot more know-how to really change the bike from the stock role.

Some mods are better to do over time. You may thing you just bolt stuff on and it works better. But it takes a lot of fiddling with things to get it just right. You will be in and out of the fairing panels a lot, so paint and such might be done last to save the wear on it. In my last mod I greatly underestimated the time involved. I had always done things in weekend spurts but I really needed to stop and take a week or two off to do the build right. This miscalculation has kept the bike sidelined for months!

Of course doing things at one time means the cost goes up because you can't wait for deals. But the biggest problem is knowing all the parts out there and where to get them. There are guys on here who are walking parts directories like @ROADTOAD1340 , that's why I used the org to fill in the stuff I didn't know.

So I think you need to start by deciding what you want to do with the bike and own it for awhile to be sure that is you. Then do the mods in spurts by focus area.

made this myself, it was not a great pie but it looked the part.

Back