My Gen2 Winter Mods diary

Had 3 days to get into it.. Took my time and went bit by bit... Test fit, remove, check, then fit and torque down.
Started Friday morning with packing bearings and installing the swing arm.. And some Ti bits here and there..

There's something odd about sitting on the ground working in the wheel space of a motorbike as it's suspended over you...

Also, some more clean and elbow grease along the way..

PS, thanks to Roadtoad for the swingarm bobbins - much appreciated - Thanks :)

Just noticed you have the nut on the sprocket side of the swingarm. Mine is on the brake side. Did you switch from OEM? Did I put it together wrong? Does it make an difference?

Karl , that bike is looking mint , I might even say you could eat off any part of it , including the chain !!! You sure have been busy this winter , and that rear caliper , factory neat bro !! A real credit to you , hope you are still planning that southward bound trip over , so we can get a ride on some of my favorite roads ..... hope to have my ZX14 clean by then.....

Just noticed you have the nut on the sprocket side of the swingarm. Mine is on the brake side. Did you switch from OEM? Did I put it together wrong? Does it make an difference?
It goes on throttle side . On Gen 1 with T rex racing blocks like the Driven units Karl has you have to flip the sides . No real issue except for traveling / emergency repairs . Now trying to loosen axle nut will lift the bike or roll it forward .

Riding season, (in full), is just around the corner. I can see it peeking a glance ever now and then..
Where am I at...

Electrics done - new phone charging mount and cable for me. GPS power and mount and a spare usb under the tail incase the GF needs to charge her phone, plus some cable tidying up.

Brakes and clutch done. (new seals through all calipers and cleaned)
Not happy with the reservoir mounts and have ordered some more parts - should be here this week.

Ultra heavy bar ends fitted.
Arashi fuel cap fitted, (thanks c10) Matches the paint quite well - (pure fluke)
Exhaust mounted and started to burn in today as part of the coolant "fill, run, burp, repeat process"
Most bolts replaced with titanium or SS
Chain adjusted and set, tuned bolt around the right way :)

And I would like to say to all those who have offered help, support and advice, many many thanks. Really, really appreciated. As I mentioned elsewhere, what I have learnt from here and being part of this place has helped me beyond belief. Thanks all

Wow Otta, your bike looks amazing!
So clean and with so many shiney new parts fitted . . great job mate!!
I know what you're saying about the help and the motivation you have had from the members here, it's Busa knowledge Central here and it's a fantastic resource.
If you had never joined this group, your Busa would be looking old and worn out lol.
Congrats to you my ANZAC mate, you've regenerated your ride!
p.s. . . why is the fuel tank covered??
Something you have hidden as a surprise to us ? :rolleyes:

Riding season, (in full), is just around the corner. I can see it peeking a glance ever now and then..
Where am I at...

Electrics done - new phone charging mount and cable for me. GPS power and mount and a spare usb under the tail incase the GF needs to charge her phone, plus some cable tidying up.

Brakes and clutch done. (new seals through all calipers and cleaned)
Not happy with the reservoir mounts and have ordered some more parts - should be here this week.

Ultra heavy bar ends fitted.
Arashi fuel cap fitted, (thanks c10) Matches the paint quite well - (pure fluke)
Exhaust mounted and started to burn in today as part of the coolant "fill, run, burp, repeat process"
Most bolts replaced with titanium or SS
Chain adjusted and set, tuned bolt around the right way :)

And I would like to say to all those who have offered help, support and advice, many many thanks. Really, really appreciated. As I mentioned elsewhere, what I have learnt from here and being part of this place has helped me beyond belief. Thanks all

View attachment 1606239

View attachment 1606240

View attachment 1606241

View attachment 1606242
Riding season is in full swing for weeks now in SA , cops are out in force every weekend for awhile now , week days ONLY for the best rides over here .

Wow Otta, your bike looks amazing!
So clean and with so many shiney new parts fitted . . great job mate!!
I know what you're saying about the help and the motivation you have had from the members here, it's Busa knowledge Central here and it's a fantastic resource.
If you had never joined this group, your Busa would be looking old and worn out lol.
Congrats to you my ANZAC mate, you've regenerated your ride!
p.s. . . why is the fuel tank covered??
Something you have hidden as a surprise to us ? :rolleyes:

Thanks Kiwi, appreciate the feedback and support.
Nah, nothing under the rag on top of the tank. It was on it while off the bike and it kinda migrated there after remounting it today.
I'm actually waiting for the original oem fairings to come back from the painters and return the bike to original white. I told him, take your time, I've got a second set I can use... that was about 16months ago... should've kept my mouth shut.. doh..

Lucky. We're getting maybe one day a week, the rest has been rain and 10-14deg
Hoping it starts to pick up soon.. but Melbourne being Melbourne anything is possible
Yeah , we get some bad days , but got some real beauties too , I missed Wednesday , outstanding still mild day , because Dogboy has had a couple of operations , and has to be watched for 2 weeks . Wednesday was end of first week , and every day except a couple have also been pretty good , for short rides on the Kwaka only !!

Thanks Kiwi, appreciate the feedback and support.
Nah, nothing under the rag on top of the tank. It was on it while off the bike and it kinda migrated there after remounting it today.
I'm actually waiting for the original oem fairings to come back from the painters and return the bike to original white. I told him, take your time, I've got a second set I can use... that was about 16months ago... should've kept my mouth shut.. doh..
With all that work why would you want to go back to white when you have the fastest color on it now? :poke: I think the painter is just trying to help you out :lol:. Bike is looking awesome and really looking forward to the dyno numbers with that header. I know your using the pc5 for now so be sure to get a base run from them with your pc5 map before they tune it if you can. Im really interested ti see what the before and after is.

Back