Anybody using Heated Chothing?

vipergman

Registered
Anybody using Heated Chothing? My bike is a Gen II.
Was wondering how well it works with the limited Stator / Charging system.
I've been using Heated Chothing for 15 years on my BMW's, have not tried it on the Busa yet.
Don't want to go 100 miles and find the battery is drained...

Last edited:
I use it on the Busa and the BMW too. The difference in power between the BMW and Busa is noticeable but it works. I have Gerbings too and some Firstgear stuff I got last year. No power problems on the Busa though. If you are going to go with accessories like heated gear though, I suggest you get a voltmeter to monitor the battery.

On the heated gear, on the Busa I wear the gear over a T-shirt with a tighter T-shirt on top of it all. Its hard to stop drafts with the tuck on the Busa, and as you know drafts are the enemy of heated gear. GEt everything tight and it works well. I usually only use the pants and gloves on the Busa, as I don't ride it in te crazy cold. I would take the BMW out in most anything with the shield and seat/grip warmers. I have only needed to turn the heat gear on once on the BMW!

If you are adding heated gear to the Busa, consider a Neutrino black box power distribution system too. Very cool. It will protect the battery and will turn the gear on and up as the temp goes down!

Excellant News! That's what I needed to hear!
I have both Gerbings and Warm and Safe Gear, love them both.
I use it on the Busa and the BMW too. The difference in power between the BMW and Busa is noticeable but it works. I have Gerbings too and some Firstgear stuff I got last year. No power problems on the Busa though. If you are going to go with accessories like heated gear though, I suggest you get a voltmeter to monitor the battery.

On the heated gear, on the Busa I wear the gear over a T-shirt with a tighter T-shirt on top of it all. Its hard to stop drafts with the tuck on the Busa, and as you know drafts are the enemy of heated gear. GEt everything tight and it works well. I usually only use the pants and gloves on the Busa, as I don't ride it in te crazy cold. I would take the BMW out in most anything with the shield and seat/grip warmers. I have only needed to turn the heat gear on once on the BMW!

If you are adding heated gear to the Busa, consider a Neutrino black box power distribution system too. Very cool. It will protect the battery and will turn the gear on and up as the temp goes down!

I also use them on 2 BMW's GS and LT both Gerbings and Warm and Safe, I prefer the Warm and safe btw. I thnk you very much for the write up, help's me allot and I Will get a Volt guage, great idea. BMW's have a heated grip so never needed gloves. I'll also look into the Neutrino black box power distribution system, I always seems to wire up allot of gaget's, thx Slowrider!

I have both Gerbings and Warm and Safe Gear, love them both.

I also use them on 2 BMW's GS and LT both Gerbings and Warm and Safe, I prefer the Warm and safe btw. I thnk you very much for the write up, help's me allot and I Will get a Volt guage, great idea. BMW's have a heated grip so never needed gloves. I'll also look into the Neutrino black box power distribution system, I always seems to wire up allot of gaget's, thx Slowrider!
Dang Slowrider, Neutrino black box power distribution system is EXpensive.......jeesh

I have 1st Gear warm n safe . My first Jacket lasted 7 years of full time winter wear . It still works in the cheast but arms gave out . It , and the replacement jacket are 95 watt models . I recently dumped heated grips for heated glove liners that attach to my jacket . The liners are much better , and draw less power than the heated grips did on high . My Hayabusa has a volt meter installed that typically shows 14.1 to 14.2 VDC riding down the road with nothing on .
Jacket on medium drawing about 50 watts gauge shows 14.0 / 14.1 floats back n forth
Jacket on high power 13.9 vdc on gauge
Jacket / heated grips both on medium 13.8 vdc , and if it got cold I had to chose the jacket , and turn off grips.
Jacket / new glove liners everything on high 13.8 VDC run medium 14.0
All the above reading are with my LED 16 watt fog lights on full time ( 8 watts each ) No other accessorizes that draw power . Have deleted the 5 watt rear mud flap light , and changed all conventional bulbs to LED saving 35 or 40 watts . I'm going to go Cyclops head lights that will save 25 more watts , and give better lighting plug n play .

I have heated pants, heated jacket, and heated glove liners. I also have a thermal onsie. Couple all of that with a couple of thicker layers and 19° temps were no problem.

Back