What would you do to save your life!... I'll tell you what I did...

Motonutz916

Registered
It is 4 in the morning, you're travelling a highway that you have a million miles on, you know very well. You have about a 6 mile stretch ahead of you. it's perfectly straight. Open road. You are wearing a DOT approved Roland Sands designs carbon fibre helmet, four lanes, you're in the left, no traffic, traffic barrier to your left side, another four lanes of oncoming traffic on the other side.

You do what any self-respecting highly modified superbike, Rider would do. You open it up. Six gear 10,000 RPM. Luckily you're gearing is one down five up in the back, can only reach 200 miles an hour. Within seconds you pass a car, it's a blur, you look in your right rearview mirror it's gone, 3 miles there's a right turn in the road, you roll off the throttle to slow down, you get out of your truck at around a hundred and fifty, you slow down to about a hundred miles an hour,

In about three-quarters of a mile there is a right turn in the highway, your adrenaline pump is so high; no drug in the planet could compare...

Your visor flies off.

You're inundated with wind, your eyes well up with tears, you are now blind. Blind, travelling at speed headed for the Apex of a corner!

(Within one-tenth of one-tenth of one-tenth of a second, your options, ((you better think fast)) your options Flash before you. you know once you hit the Apex of that corner... Because you're going to hit it... You better pick the right one to save your life.)

What do you do?...

okay I have to reiterate basically the visor came off right at the Apex you don't have any time to do anything. You are going to hit it. But how why and how would you hit it is when I want to know...

And your scenario you'd be in the truck crossing right into the apex of the barriers possibly fly over into the right lane ouch,

(Remember there is going to be a crash, it is inevitable however what do you do?...)

okay I have to reiterate basically the visor came off right at the Apex you don't have any time to do anything. You are going to hit it. But how why and how would you hit it is when I want to know...

And your scenario you'd be in the truck crossing right into the apex of the barriers possibly fly over into the right lane ouch,

(Remember there is going to be a crash, it is inevitable however what do you do?...)
After you wake up in the hospital, make sure you see if the bike survived.

After you wake up in the hospital, make sure you see if the bike survived.
That's the very first thing I did LOL.that's the very first thing I did! And they sent me the pics to follow....

(But first really thought we get more interest here.) I want to get some more input before I show after shots...

That's the very first thing I did LOL.that's the very first thing I did! And they sent me the pics to follow....

(But first really thought we get more interest here.) I want to get some more input before I show after shots...

Don't know how people are on this site for riddles and guessing games...in my short experience, I've noticed they aren't into it...

First I don't see being blinded quick enough to make navigation impossible. Fighter pilots train on knowing what emergencies are the most critical and how to prioritize reactions to them. If you are at the apex, you are getting ready to hit the gas - so I would just keep slowing down rather than accelerating out of the turn. BTW: visors don't come off very easy. The wind blast at 150 won't blow it off unless you fitted it wrong in the first place. And 150 is a bit early to get out of the tuck, especially when attempting to turn.

Doing high speed runs at 4 AM is not so smart. 1) you can't see at 60 in the dark, much less 200. You will have out run your lights by 70-80. 2) animals get frisky at dusk and dawn. 3) You need to see the road further ahead of you than you can see.

This scenario represents a foolish group of choices from the get go. And even if the visor goes, you will not be completely blinded instantly so it seems you're looking for an excuse for losing control of the bike.

It was close, but just enjoy the story bro (150 in 5th, so about 190 just enjoy the story... What would you do?... Whatever speed?
Ummmm no, more like about 140-150. -1/+3 is good for about 170 ish tached out, add two more teeth and you're about 165 maxed, so 145 ish in 5th.
I don't enjoy stories which have unnecessary exaggerations in them.
No need to lie to try and impress us. It doesn't work, and makes you look like a fool. This board isn't like other places, I figured you'd have noticed that by now.

Ummmm no, more like about 140-150. -1/+3 is good for about 170 ish tached out, add two more teeth and you're about 165 maxed, so 145 ish in 5th.
I don't enjoy stories which have unnecessary exaggerations in them.
No need to lie to try and impress us. It doesn't work, and makes you look like a fool. This board isn't like other places, I figured you'd have noticed that by now.

Bike runs the trap at 9.46 at 156 miles an hour in 5th gear. 6th Gear is an overdrive. I wouldn't be well surprised if that bike didn't do 200 miles an hour. But that's not the point of this story. +/- as you say doesn't make a bit of difference. You're still travelling at speed headed for an apex of a corner blind, that you were not going to be able to avoid. I still want to know what would you do!

(This events TOO was a documented event on Friday the 14th the day after Port Dover Friday the 13th bike rally. . I was travelling more than three times the speed of their car. there was an article in the paper that UFOs or airplanes were flying close down to the gardener close to the highway. Get her document catch it look that up, and for you haters just move on it's a true story it's a good story it's a fun story and it's going to teach you something at the end how to survive. I didn't realize there's a couple hater comments above on answer those but I won't answer anymore...

What would you do...

First I don't see being blinded quick enough to make navigation impossible. Fighter pilots train on knowing what emergencies are the most critical and how to prioritize reactions to them. If you are at the apex, you are getting ready to hit the gas - so I would just keep slowing down rather than accelerating out of the turn. BTW: visors don't come off very easy. The wind blast at 150 won't blow it off unless you fitted it wrong in the first place. And 150 is a bit early to get out of the tuck, especially when attempting to turn.

Doing high speed runs at 4 AM is not so smart. 1) you can't see at 60 in the dark, much less 200. You will have out run your lights by 70-80. 2) animals get frisky at dusk and dawn. 3) You need to see the road further ahead of you than you can see.

This scenario represents a foolish group of choices from the get go. And even if the visor goes, you will not be completely blinded instantly so it seems you're looking for an excuse for losing control of the bike.
You want to talk fighter pilots here in the wrong game

I like scenarios and learning from others mistakes, I just don’t have much to add here because I’d never put myself in this situation.

I love acceleration but once up to any speed I’m back down to normal as quick as I got up there, I don’t do any sustained high mph on public roads. I don’t do high speeds at all in the dark.

To each there own and different strokes for different folks, but I have too much to risk or lose and that’s at the forefront of every ride I take.

I’m interested to hear what happened though

Bike runs the trap at 9.46 at 156 miles an hour in 5th gear. 6th Gear is an overdrive. I wouldn't be well surprised if that bike didn't do 200 miles an hour. But that's not the point of this story. +/- as you say doesn't make a bit of difference. You're still travelling at speed headed for an apex of a corner blind, that you were not going to be able to avoid. I still want to know what would you do!

(This events TOO was a documented event on Friday the 14th the day after Port Dover Friday the 13th bike rally. . I was travelling more than three times the speed of their car. there was an article in the paper that UFOs or airplanes were flying close down to the gardener close to the highway. Get her document catch it look that up, and for you haters just move on it's a true story it's a good story it's a fun story and it's going to teach you something at the end how to survive. I didn't realize there's a couple hater comments above on answer those but I won't answer anymore...

What would you do...
You don't understand gearing. Or the meaning of the term hater. A bike trapping 156 doesn't have the power to pull an overdrive big enough to pick up 40+ mph, even if you had such a gear. Which you dont. But that's neither here nor there.
You were doing much better this go round than your last attempt at joining, don't screw it up now. You're not going to impress anyone here with these types of stories or scenarios.

You don't understand gearing. Or the meaning of the term hater. A bike trapping 156 doesn't have the power to pull an overdrive big enough to pick up 40+ mph, even if you had such a gear. Which you dont. But that's neither here nor there.
You were doing much better this go round than your last attempt at joining, don't screw it up now. You're not going to impress anyone here with these types of stories or scenarios.
What happened to me man what would you do? To save your life what would you do?

Back