Ok, I'll post some pics from this weekend's racing

Dennis

Registered
IMG_0668-50-2.jpg

IMG_0799-1.jpg

IMG_1382-50.jpg

This was my closest race. Not my quickest pass, but pretty good for me. The guy I beat here in the semi finals is improving his game so I will need to go quicker the next time. The biggest challenge is not making more hp but putting it to the track. Prep was very good for around here but certainly not the stuff record passes are made on.

IMG_1380-50.jpg

It's just a M/T 7" motorcycle slick. Seems to be preferred over the Shinko. I think those are the only two in the size to fit the Busa wheel. No rim locks, no tube. This is pretty normal. Bike is a 2013 that I bought as a project last fall. Basically it was a bunch of parts. I put the bike together including Maxx Race ECU, a basic motor, spraying 110 hp of nitrous on that pass. Nothing really special but a fair amount of learning for me to get everything working right. I am basically at the point I hoped to be by this time of the season. Goal is to get to 4.79 by the end of the season. We will see. This is the second heads up race I've won with this bike.

No foolin? That tire has so much sidewall and is so squared off I thought it was a car tire. Does anyone run a full 1,320’ these days?

wow. Bike is hauling some tail now. Good job on the winner I heard you guys had some solid bikes down there running at this event. Keep up the good work

No foolin? That tire has so much sidewall and is so squared off I thought it was a car tire. Does anyone run a full 1,320’ these days?
It is pretty common for heads up stuff to be run on the 1/8. 10.5" and even big tire cars do it. It makes it more competitive because the high power guys can't just run away with the win in the back half. The turbo guy I ran in the semis has 150 hp on me so most likely would always get the win in the 1/4. For the small tire guys it can be unsafe to go the 1/4. Heck, there is usually one or two of them in the wall in the 1/8.
wow. Bike is hauling some tail now. Good job on the winner I heard you guys had some solid bikes down there running at this event. Keep up the good work
Thanks, yeah there were 4 bikes qualified in the 4's which is pretty good around here ... but there was a 5.60 bike in the finals. At the last race I was the only one in the 4's.

It is pretty common for heads up stuff to be run on the 1/8. 10.5" and even big tire cars do it. It makes it more competitive because the high power guys can't just run away with the win in the back half. The turbo guy I ran in the semis has 150 hp on me so most likely would always get the win in the 1/4. For the small tire guys it can be unsafe to go the 1/4. Heck, there is usually one or two of them in the wall in the 1/8.

Thanks, yeah there were 4 bikes qualified in the 4's which is pretty good around here ... but there was a 5.60 bike in the finals. At the last race I was the only one in the 4's.
Saw the video you posted on YouTube. How ya feeling? How much damage was done to your bike?

Reactions: c10
Wow that looked like a ride ! Whats sore tail bone ? Back ? that was rough to watch .
Maybe the edge of the tailbone or the sacrum. Feels like more than just the muscle but it passed the vibration test at the chiro. Back muscles were tight very soon after the incident but seem to be ok now. The funny thing is when it was happening I knew while I was in the air the nitrous was on when it shouldn't be, and I got to watch the bike somersault and leave the oil trail down the track.

• Wow
Reactions: c10
boys up north run the super tricky Shinko street tire They say it is better than the Shinko Slick The m/T is more expensive and its pretty much all ET racing here so speed is not quite as important

Its also a lot of run whatcha brung.
Kind of funny to see a bike the line sitting next to a snowmobile

boys up north run the super tricky Shinko street tire They say it is better than the Shinko Slick The m/T is more expensive and its pretty much all ET racing here so speed is not quite as important

Where is up north?
The Shinko slick is not so good. MT is good. We run bikes against whatever, cars, dragsters, other bikes, snowmobile (not too many of them)

A real street tire hooks up better then a Shinko slick. Those are total garbage.

Back