Inline fuel pump routing

I had to replace the fuel line going from the tank (an6 fitting) to the inline fuel pump under the tank. I am having issues with the new line kinking. The fuel pump takes about a 1/2” hose, so I have to use a reducer fitting to go down to a 3/8’s for the fuel line to the filter then the tank. I need help brainstorming on what to do for this, or if you have suggestions on a better routing idea. I have the fuel pump zip tied where the crank case breather is, so it won’t bounce around like how the previous owner had it setup.

Thank you for your suggestions.

I had to replace the fuel line going from the tank (an6 fitting) to the inline fuel pump under the tank. I am having issues with the new line kinking. The fuel pump takes about a 1/2” hose, so I have to use a reducer fitting to go down to a 3/8’s for the fuel line to the filter then the tank. I need help brainstorming on what to do for this, or if you have suggestions on a better routing idea. I have the fuel pump zip tied where the crank case breather is, so it won’t bounce around like how the previous owner had it setup.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Hi. First what is your fuel pump,filter and fuel line. I would go with AN fittings and get the pump off of the motor.

Hi. First what is your fuel pump,filter and fuel line. I would go with AN fittings and get the pump off of the motor.
I wish I could tell you exactly what pump it is, but unfortunately i’m not certain. I purchased the bike how it is and have been trying to fix some issues here and there. The old fuel line going from the tank to the pump was trash on the inside, so o threw it out. Right now I’m just using regular fuel line from Napa. The filter is a small 40 micron filter with an aluminum case that I found online. If you know of a specific fuel filter you can recommend, i’d very much appreciate that.
I’ll try to get a picture tonight when I get home, to give better detail.

I wish I could tell you exactly what pump it is, but unfortunately i’m not certain. I purchased the bike how it is and have been trying to fix some issues here and there. The old fuel line going from the tank to the pump was trash on the inside, so o threw it out. Right now I’m just using regular fuel line from Napa. The filter is a small 40 micron filter with an aluminum case that I found online. If you know of a specific fuel filter you can recommend, i’d very much appreciate that.
I’ll try to get a picture tonight when I get home, to give better detail.
Hi. I have an Aeromotive filter I us AN6 lines an Borsch 044 fuel pump That I will put in the tail.

Back