Quick Shifter

I have an HM Plus on my 14. It's a blast but I have problems missing shifts at high rpm and high load. I believe the problem is related to the kill time and the mechanical movement of my foot and the shift linkage. I'll be switching to GP shift and that should help but what really would be slick would be a shifter that had variable kill times/gear. The HM GP has that plus something they call Seamless Shift. Check their website for that info. The GP model is expensive but I will go with it someday. The quickshifter is one of the very best mods you can do and spending big on one is worthwhile. The HM GP also has the potential for clutchless downshifts if you use another electronic device with it. The site metions what that is.

I cave a Cordona , had it over a year , sitting on the shelf waiting to be fitted . I bought it to fit up much sooner but things just have not happened as planned . This variant is one of two Cordona models listed for Hayabusa , and is the ECU Editor model . Comes with everything needed to fit up to standard Busa foot controls . Will have to get the ECU adjusted etc . These have an excellent reputation , Swedish made , and is for both Gens Hayabusa . Will be fitting it shortly , been told I am really missing out not fitting it , and to get off my ass and do it . It should help the leg shift easier , got a shattered left leg with rod , multiple breaks in foot , that cause me shifting difficulty . This system is fully adjustable and programmable for fuel and ignition kill .

The missed shifts would be a big problem, I would be using it under WOT and top RPM. The up and down would be a nice feature if cost not to great.

http://www.danosperformance.com/quick_shifter_switch.htm
Boost by Smith used to sell these and I have had one for 6 years and never had an issue. Problem is now unless you have an older Woolich file or use ECU Editor, WRT software won't support Q/S anymore, they want to sell you their Q/S which I understand is good but spendy.
I'm a big guy on a small bike and have a tendency to abuse transmissions to make up speed. With the Danos and a Factory shift star I haven't missed a shift at 2 Denver Mile and 3 Mojave Mile events.

The missed shifts [with HM Plus] would be a big problem, I would be using it under WOT and top RPM. The up and down would be a nice feature if cost not to great.
Like most of us...that is the best time to use a quickshifter!

My experience with the missed shifts has been on the Gen1 ZX-14. I have heard a few other owners of that bike complain of the same thing with the HM shifter. Others say it was cured with GP shift and definite FAST foot input. From my experience with this shifter, it's all due to variable kill time requirements for different rpm, load and gear. ALSO, I would not be too surprised if the 14's transmission is a bit subpar to the busa's. I could always set the kill time longer but that reduces the value of having a quickshifter in the first place.

Keep seeking opinions. HM might be just fine for the busa but I'd say any shifter that adapts to accommodate various conditions is much better than a single kill time shifter even if that single kill time can be adjusted in very small increments.

HM makes the HM Plus PC model that can be hooked up to the Dynojet Ignition Module and PC5's quickshifter feature. That will allow variable kill time per gear and ignition a/o fuel cut + perhaps a bit more--I have not looked into it. Dynojets quickshifter is all set to work with the ignition module and PC5 too of course.

The HM GP is about $750. Worth every penny if it does all it claims. I don't know what the additional component to allow clutchless downshifts would run. Probably a few hundred at least or else HM would be including it with the GP model.

I cave a Cordona , had it over a year , sitting on the shelf waiting to be fitted . I bought it to fit up much sooner but things just have not happened as planned . This variant is one of two Cordona models listed for Hayabusa , and is the ECU Editor model .
I totally forgot ECU Editor! There's a way to extend the capabilities of a lower priced quickshifter. I have not played with my ECU Editor box yet but that will offer quickshifter adjustments as well as a ton of other useful features. I have heard of no complaints with ECU Editor. You can't go wrong for the price. It's a flash you can change any time you want without actually flashing!

Last edited:
I have an 08 and waiting patiently for the delivery service to bring a bbs ecu flasher, i intend to pick up the dano performance quick shifter. when you spend some time on the ecu hacking forum it makes sense to go ecu editor. an AEM 30-0300 is next on the list and the netbook is called out of retirement now sporting a ssd hard drive to datalog. bike is mostly stock with a full yosh r55 for now.

How about the Translogic? Sounds good on their web site, easy to install, no setup, price not to bad, external fine adjustment. Healteck is another, real good price. Some of the others that go through PC or ECU seem to get complicated, I would need to get my tuner to set it up(not teck savvy or have equipment).

How about the Translogic? Sounds good on their web site, easy to install, no setup, price not to bad, external fine adjustment. Healteck is another, real good price. Some of the others that go through PC or ECU seem to get complicated, I would need to get my tuner to set it up(not teck savvy or have equipment).

Here is a pic of what comes with Cordona ECU Editor kit I am going to run / fit up . The black rod was added later to kit .
My old mate is running the other model Cordona list for Hayabusa , and his is all fitted up and running , and he loves the simplicity of this model over mine , and says his is working very well .

IMG_20171216_145200.jpg

Looking into the Córdoba also after your post. Another good unit from what I’ve seen so far,maybe the pq8. Post up your results please.

Looking into the Córdoba also after your post. Another good unit from what I’ve seen so far,maybe the pq8. Post up your results please.

Back