Help please!

I have a 2014 busa and she has 12,000 miles she's been very well taken care of but theres this horrible vibration she's making all over the bike in every gear and when I'm accelerating from a stop in first it's got this weird noise it's making but this vibration is getting worse and worse. I can feel pretty soon something horrible is going to happen.
Now when the shop changed my tires last I noticed that they had knocked my wheel weights off my front wheel and my back wheel wasn't set either they had to get both wheels rebalanced and after that she rode good again for about 100 miles but right after 100 it started in with this horrible vibration feeling throughout the whole bike. I need help asap. Please!

Put it up on stands and rotate the wheels and try rocking them back and forth to check for overall tightness of the wheel bearings and axle nuts front and rear. See if all your brake pads are still there. Check the drivechain alignment too. Doesn’t sound like your shop gave much of a shiite about their work so I’d recheck everything they touched.

Put it up on stands and rotate the wheels and try rocking them back and forth to check for overall tightness of the wheel bearings and axle nuts front and rear. See if all your brake pads are still there. Check the drivechain alignment too. Doesn’t sound like your shop gave much of a shiite about their work so I’d recheck everything they touched.
I can highly agree with you on that. And this is my baby. I can rebuild a Detroit 60 series engine in 12 hours. All my other bikes I have no problem fixing but this bike I have taken her in regularly for maintenance and it's as if theres some job security going on and if that's the case I'm going to lose my mind

I wonder if they left the spacer between the sprocket carrier bearing and the wheel bearing out.
When the wheel is removed and the sprocket carrier removed from the cush drive rubbers, it happens occasionally where the spacer drops out unnoticed by the mechanic.
If it's reassembled WITHOUT this spacer, and the wheel refitted to the bike,it will load up the bearings and they will fail in short order.
Just a thought I had.
If you can get the rear wheel off the ground and turn it, you will know if the bearings are f*%ked immediately.
Look at No. 15 in this diagram . . . . this is the spacer I am referring to.
1567240722173.png

When you are riding, pull in the clutch to see if the vibration stays or goes. If it stays and is related to engine revs, it could need the harmonic balancer adjusted @c10 has an awesome video on this. It could be in the fuel injection, something might be unbalanced there as well.

I wonder if they left the spacer between the sprocket carrier bearing and the wheel bearing out.
When the wheel is removed and the sprocket carrier removed from the cush drive rubbers, it happens occasionally where the spacer drops out unnoticed by the mechanic.
If it's reassembled WITHOUT this spacer, and the wheel refitted to the bike,it will load up the bearings and they will fail in short order.
Just a thought I had.
If you can get the rear wheel off the ground and turn it, you will know if the bearings are f*%ked immediately.
View attachment 1604278
+1 on this. I just had this happen and it does create a vibration it'll also cause a noise in the chain when pushing the bike around if left too long. Don't ask how I know that.

Just a thought I had.
View attachment 1604278

But he couldn’t have ridden 100 miles that way could he?

When I rolled the wheel there was alot of chain noise but it's still doing it as if something is loose or something
If there is a lot of chain noise it can be a spacer left out, in my case it was the sprocket carrier spacer and yes everything was aligned and torqued and it actually caused the left spacer to be ground into the bearing and caused some chain noise (not as much as you'd expect) and vibration. I would lube the chain and the noise would go away when I would roll the bike around the garage but after a quick ride came back. I put a lot more miles then I care to admit with the bike like this and being a mechanic makes it even worse that I didn't chase it down sooner. It wasn't until I pulled the tire completely off that I actually found it. With the bike on the stand the noise transferring thru the chain made it hard to pin point if it was coming from the rear tire or front by the engine so you might wanna pull the tire and put your own eyes on the spacers just to be sure they are there and also not the wrong ones like @Nina just experienced multiple times on her bike. Maybe check out her "clicking" thread and see if anything in there resembles your issue.

Back