First oil change on 2019 Hayabusa.

Lastfalcon19

Registered
This is the first oil change in my ‘19 Hayabusa. I went with what I have used before and thought was the best oil, Motul. As far as the oil filter, I would have liked the stock filter but they only had a K&N which is also fine. What are your thoughts and I’m curious to know what you guys use and why?

EE3FE73D-B53D-4FC8-A2E0-09481ED40A1E.jpeg

D8A9402B-B99E-45EC-BD52-724E634AC641.jpeg

00677B49-3B1D-44D5-ADCA-CCAE82C48223.jpeg

03376FDA-D31C-499A-931D-1EA6145952C9.jpeg

531272BE-8E2B-4927-A18B-CEBDBAD54619.jpeg

EB27A737-FB55-4096-B7D0-24C98B4AC2EF.jpeg

This is the first oil change in my ‘19 Hayabusa. I went with what I have used before and thought was the best oil, Motul. As far as the oil filter, I would have liked the stock filter but they only had a K&N which is also fine. What are your thoughts and I’m curious to know what you guys use and why?

View attachment 1601853

View attachment 1601854

View attachment 1601855

View attachment 1601856

View attachment 1601857

View attachment 1601858
As far as oil I listened to the dealer and waited a couple lil changes before I switched to synthetic, no real reason just figured if something needed to be warrantied they couldn't say nothing to me. Of course stock oil filter is the best but only thing I can tell u is don't use the nut on it to tighten the filter as it can cause leaks. If u search around you'll find a few people totally against and a few with no issues with the kn filters but you'll also find a million oil threads where these same questions have been asked.

I use Valvoline 10/40 synthetic motorcycle oil. I use the factory filter.
On my 19 I changed the oil/filter at 600 miles and again around 1200. I will go regular intervals now.

when it comes to oil, some is better than none....

+1
been using 300V for the past 4 bikes (6 yrs).

As far as oil I listened to the dealer and waited a couple lil changes before I switched to synthetic, no real reason just figured if something needed to be warrantied they couldn't say nothing to me. Of course stock oil filter is the best but only thing I can tell u is don't use the nut on it to tighten the filter as it can cause leaks. If u search around you'll find a few people totally against and a few with no issues with the kn filters but you'll also find a million oil threads where these same questions have been asked.

+1

K&N airfilter OK, but K&N oil filter is junk.
Often the stamp / glued nut breaks epically if you torque to suzuki specs or two turns what ever occurs first. Also the bypass valve inside iis in correct for the Hayabusa or gsxr series engines.
Personly told from Suzuki dealer / rep no engine warranty on aftermarket filters of oil system.
The dealer here had to buy customers a few engines as they were using K&N instead of oem. Suzuki would not cover the failures.
After being told this I went and did some reading. Found a few more cases of failure.
That was good enough for me to stay OEM.

I use Valvoline 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil 20/50 in the Busa, Gixxer drag bike. and my Harley's crankcase and primary. Always use K&N filters. Seam to work for me...There's a lot of good choices out there.

Often the stamp / glued nut breaks epically if you torque to suzuki specs or two turns what ever occurs first. Also the bypass valve inside iis in correct for the Hayabusa or gsxr series engines.
Personly told from Suzuki dealer / rep no engine warranty on aftermarket filters of oil system.
The dealer here had to buy customers a few engines as they were using K&N instead of oem. Suzuki would not cover the failures.
After being told this I went and did some reading. Found a few more cases of failure.
I use Valvoline 4 Stroke Motorcycle Oil 20/50 in the Busa, Gixxer drag bike. and my Harley's crankcase and primary. Always use K&N filters. Seam to work for me...There's a lot of good choices out there.

I, too, have been using K&N oil filters forever, but after reading c10's comments (... there are a lot of negative comments on K&N out there ...), I googled OEM oil filters and found them at SchnitzRacing.com for under $15. I will convert in about 2k miles.

I will definitely be changing the filter very soon. Probably this week.

I myself use motul and always a stock filter. Mobil 1 has been a go to when I cant get motul and is a good oil. I get about the same life out of both that I can tell by my eye but with out scientific study of both who knows...lol

Back