Stockpiling New Tires . . . who does it?

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I've been buying up cheap Michelin Pilot Power pairs of tires.
The rears are 180/55's . . not ideal for the Busa, but I've used these before and found very little difference in handling or traction.
The only issue is they wear a little quicker than the Pilot Power 3 2CT's I've used for the last 3 sets.
Dose anyone else do this, buy up in bulk when they are on special?
I paid $640 for 3 pairs, cheapest I've ever seen so I snapped up the deal.

Fair call Wuzza, I guess there won't be too many here that fit their own . . . I've always had access to a tire machine all my working life and I've never had to do it the hard way, with levers!
I get through two pairs a year, so it makes sense for me to build up a stock.
Why not if the 180 does not bother you which it does not. No fear mate; like that. Heck I am lucky to buy mine one at a time maybe next year.

I've been buying up cheap Michelin Pilot Power pairs of tires.
The rears are 180/55's . . not ideal for the Busa, but I've used these before and found very little difference in handling or traction.
The only issue is they wear a little quicker than the Pilot Power 3 2CT's I've used for the last 3 sets.
Dose anyone else do this, buy up in bulk when they are on special?
I paid $640 for 3 pairs, cheapest I've ever seen so I snapped up the deal.
View attachment 1603774
I can usually find what I need local, I just took the pilot power off mine and swapped for the q3+. I've been talking to a riders near me and we've came to believe that in Michigan the roads and weather aren't good for the pilot power as they don't seem to ever heat up very well and even some of my true knee dragging buddies say they have the habit to spin up on them, even my cousin with his 600 will spin his up if the temp drops just a little. Dunlops make me feel a lot more confident around here and I think places like Texas and Georgia where it's always hot the pilots would be great and the q3 would just be ate up.

Michelin Power One's were being stockpiled as soon as it was announced they were being discontinued. That supply should have been used up or aged out by now, but they were selling for $500/each for a while, if you could find them.
Interesting info there mr Brown.... $500 each?
Woah!! I’m paying $110 each.
These ones are dated 26th week of 2018 so pretty new.
They are still readily available here in NZ, although I have no info on what the actual stocks are.

Interesting info there mr Brown.... $500 each?
Woah!! I’m paying $110 each.
These ones are dated 26th week of 2018 so pretty new.
They are still readily available here in NZ, although I have no info on what the actual stocks are.
Pilot power tires are different from the Power One's. Power One tires were essentially a slick that was street legal.

I'm about to start stocking up on Pirelli Supecorsa V3. I use the 60 profile rear and I freaked out when they ran out of production this year for the fronts. I love these tires. Had the front end wash up on me on a giant road dip mid corner, tire slipped due to the elevation difference and recovered amazingly fast. Didn't even scratch the mufflers

I'm about to start stocking up on Pirelli Supecorsa V3. I use the 60 profile rear and I freaked out when they ran out of production this year for the fronts. I love these tires. Had the front end wash up on me on a giant road dip mid corner, tire slipped due to the elevation difference and recovered amazingly fast. Didn't even scratch the mufflers
HI. I am looking in to that tire myself. Do you happen to know the roll out? = diameter. Is yours a 200/60/17?

Back