Prototype Center Stand .

c10

Registered
I have been working on different variations of portable stands for years now. Some were ok , but all heavy . Also took up a fare amount of cargo room . This version is currently the lightest , and smallest version . Have some final touches to do , but it does function . Next is building the forward stop , and welded foot activation pad .
It takes less than 30 seconds to install for use .
One bolt , and hand tighten the nut by the exhaust mid pipe . Here is a short video of it in action , and some photos to follow .

DSC_4837.JPG

DSC_4834.JPG

DSC_4835.JPG

DSC_4833.JPG

1564964083306.jpg

Is it possible to leave it on the bike permanently?
Due to the Gen 2 not having frame tabs like the Gen 1 it would be very hard to accomplish . I'm working off the suspension link point , and not a fixed point on the frame like gen 1. This current position limits fold up angle for ground clearance during cornering . If I had a tubing bender , and a tig machine it would be a little more possible to produce a saddle bend around the knuckle. Tig to make better , cleaner welds than my .035 wired fluxcore mig machine .

Due to the Gen 2 not having frame tabs like the Gen 1 it would be very hard to accomplish . I'm working off the suspension link point , and not a fixed point on the frame like gen 1. This current position limits fold up angle for ground clearance during cornering . If I had a tubing bender , and a tig machine it would be a little more possible to produce a saddle bend around the knuckle. Tig to make better , cleaner welds than my .035 wired fluxcore mig machine .

You know someone who has all of these things along with a cnc table...

I like what you've done there, but have you thought of going wider for greater stability, like this?
Just an idea . . .

View attachment 1602943
I have not put my base plate on ( foot ) that will extend a few inches past each leg . Storage is important , and if it was like a traditional stand shape it would be harder to pack . :) I really wish Suzuki would of left the frame tabs . Do you still have a center stand Kiwi ? 99 / 2000 models came with them .

I have not put my base plate on ( foot ) that will extend a few inches past each leg . Storage is important , and if it was like a traditional stand shape it would be harder to pack . :) I really wish Suzuki would of left the frame tabs . Do you still have a center stand Kiwi ? 99 / 2000 models came with them .
I thought they were an available option rather than part of the deal?

I understand now, didn’t realise you’d designed it to be packed on your bike for trips away etc.
My bike never came with the stand, I didn’t know the early models 99 and 00 came with a centre stand. I always thought it was an optional extra. I also never knew the Gen 2 had no frame mounting lugs for a stand.... I learn something new everyday lol .

Creative thought is what we need more of in this world. Nice work. I see that would be an excellent compact stand for touring. It requires lowering links though, right? Those dog bones aren't stock.

No mythos those are lower links, but used in stock height. I use the longest distance hole for the stand.

At home I use my stands or my lift table or both. On the road to lube or adjust the chain I use a Quick Stand that goes up against the right side spool. Very convenient and packs very small.View attachment 1602988
They no longer make these I've been told. A friend has one, and I tried to get one with no luck. I found this web site that list it but out of stock.
Don't break or lose yours CBX.

Screenshot_20190805-171722.png

Screenshot_20190805-171729.png

I’ll be careful with it c. :D I found something similar though, available at several places.

I’ll be careful with it c. :D I found something similar though, available at several places.

I bought the snap jack just like that one from revzila. It was a pos. Myself and others tried on several bikes @ bike night ( motospace garage) with no decent results. @ end of night it got tossed in trash bin

Last edited:
Back