1999 Busa fuel pump.Hi I am looking for the best replacement 1999 hayabusa external fuel pump and filters and strainers kit with the o rings,

Busaboo

Registered
Hi,

I am looking for a replacement 1999 hayabusa fuel pump and filters and strainers with the o rings,but when I am looking I cannot find the correct one with the strainers etc.Can any one help please,as I am having warm start issues,and I have checked the crank gear(all clean),and next things to check is fuel pump and also the starter.Symptoms are,cold start not too bad,take out for a small ride and pull over for fuel etc,then go to start it and it struggles to start.I have fitted new battery all charged,and it’s driving me mad with all the different things people say it could be.In need of serious sos lol.

C4CFC578-C5F8-4EFA-A9E8-CA09B3A78B59.jpeg

Welcome. Take some time to introduce yourself, we do better with help when we know more. You did get the picture part right though, love the rizla scheme. Also, no need to write the entire post content in the title....
You need a new pump assembly. OEM are available from Suzuki I believe, or you can replace it with an aftermarket inline pump from Bosch, aeromotive etc.

Welcome. Take some time to introduce yourself, we do better with help when we know more. You did get the picture part right though, love the rizla scheme. Also, no need to write the entire post content in the title....
You need a new pump assembly. OEM are available from Suzuki I believe, or you can replace it with an aftermarket inline pump from Bosch, aeromotive etc.
Hi mr brown,many thanks for the reply.My name is Paul,and I have have this example of my Busa second one.Even though it had a few owners,I just fell in love with the design of the rizzla paint job,and it sounds like the rumble of thunder lol.I noticed recently that after a short journey it would not start with a warm engine,so I checked all vids on you tube,and found a few different things it could be.I recently checked the crank gear to see if it was all mucked up,but unfortunately this was not the cause,so I stripped the fuel pump out as this was another thing it could have been,but now after doing a lot of research for the parts,all the adds show with the pump different strainers to the guy on YouTube that strips his down,and for the last few days have drawn a blank where to get these and the filters and o rings needed.By this point I had drawn a blank,and wondered more experienced Busa owners may have faced this issue and had an answer where to get these parts from.Thanks for the compliment on the bike,I do all the bright work myself in my spare time to make it a bit more shiney.Mr brown I would really appreciate any advice you and any other readers would recommend.Apologies for the title,first time user to the forum.Many thanks paul.

I have a 2000 and one of the first things I did was to remove the filters and put an inline filter on it. The o-rings can be found at a dealership I'm sure.
Did you have the same issues then,and how easy is it to replace as I’m kind of a novice mechanic mr brown.

I ended up replacing the fuel pump after about 4 years of ownership, then I switched to an aftermarket pump when I put a turbo on. Be sure the insulation around the pump is intact, heat kills them.
As far as ease of installation, do a search on here, I'm sure there is a how-to thread somewhere.

You need to check fuel pressure and fuel delivery, it may even be dirty/clogged fuel injectors causing the hard starting.
Get the injectors ultrasonic cleaned and flow tested as well as checking the fuel pressure and delivery.
There's a lot more to the diagnosing fuel system faults than most people realize. You need to look at the fuel system as a whole.
Hope this helps.

You need to check fuel pressure and fuel delivery, it may even be dirty/clogged fuel injectors causing the hard starting.
Get the injectors ultrasonic cleaned and flow tested as well as checking the fuel pressure and delivery.
There's a lot more to the diagnosing fuel system faults than most people realize. You need to look at the fuel system as a whole.
Hope this helps.
If it starts easy cold it's unlikely to be injectors isn't it? Given that it's a 99 it's more likely the fuel pump since that's a known issue with the early bikes. Cleaning the injectors is always a good idea for sure, but in this scenario I think the pump is the issue. Thoughts?

If it starts easy cold it's unlikely to be injectors isn't it? Given that it's a 99 it's more likely the fuel pump since that's a known issue with the early bikes. Cleaning the injectors is always a good idea for sure, but in this scenario I think the pump is the issue. Thoughts?
You’re on the right path, but I’m a stickler for covering all bases and not just fixing the existing problem but addressing the entire fuel system from start to finish.
In this case, cleaning every part of the system.
So checking and cleaning injectors on a 20 year old bike is a good idea in my experience.
Example; When injectors leak (motor NOT running) as they do with crud build up, the motor will struggle to start when warm due to an over rich mixture, fuel fouled plugs and the possibility of bore wash causing a low compression condition.
There are many possibilities causing hard starting when warm and even tired coils can cause this too.
My 2 cents on the subject.

Thanks @Kiwi Rider that vid was great. Now I need to pull my 48k mile injectors and have them cleaned. Man, it sure is great to be able to count on you folks to help me spend my money!!!

Got pie ;)
I had to laugh, yeah, $$$ we’ll spent on your bike though!
You can diy clean your own injectors, there’s a YouTube vid on how to do it yourself on the cheap, no fancy machine involved, but the ultrasonic cleaning sure does work to break up built up deposits!

You’re on the right path, but I’m a stickler for covering all bases and not just fixing the existing problem but addressing the entire fuel system from start to finish.
In this case, cleaning every part of the system.
So checking and cleaning injectors on a 20 year old bike is a good idea in my experience.
Example; When injectors leak (motor NOT running) as they do with crud build up, the motor will struggle to start when warm due to an over rich mixture, fuel fouled plugs and the possibility of bore wash causing a low compression condition.
There are many possibilities causing hard starting when warm and even tired coils can cause this too.
My 2 cents on the subject.
Makes sense, and as I've noted before, you're far more experienced and knowledgeable than I am. I like learning from you.

Makes sense, and as I've noted before, you're far more experienced and knowledgeable than I am. I like learning from you.
I don’t know everything but I do know what I’ve seen, and I’ve learned a lot from other very well trained techs who were generous enough to share with me the info and experience they gained from thousands of hours of working on problems just like the ones we discuss here on the forum.
I’ve had around 80,000 hours of mechanical work but mostly on cars and about half of that on fuel injected cars. A lot of that is just servicing but fault finding is where the challenges are, and that’s the rewarding work!
I’ve seen pretty much all the common faults that crop up, but it’s always exciting to be stumped on a fault you’ve never seen before or seen rarely.
Hard starting issues I’ve always started with applying the old “fuel, spark, compression, timing” checks. And systematically work through each one, doesn’t take long to narrow it down, but the key is to be methodical and leave no stone unturned in the search for the cause of the fault.
Sometimes it’s staring you in the face, and you can’t see it,sometimes it some obscure fault like a bad ground wire connection.
Sometimes it’s stale fuel, so many possibilities, check, check, check.
But I’ll say this, working on hunches and throwing new parts at it in the hope that it’s this, or it’s that, is the fools way.
It’s so hard to diagnose faults over a forum, often the description of the problem is inaccurate or poorly written and it’s interpreting the description can make or break the process.
But we can only do what we can here, and I like helping people!

T
have a look at this vid . . VERY informative about the difference between dirty injectors and clean injectors, shows the tests, the ultasonic cleaning and the re-test and the results are staggering!
thanks kiwi rider for the feedback on the injectors.Love the yoshi colours mate looks like my old 1000 gixer,I just like things that are different,and this

I want to thank everyone who responded back to me in regards to the fuel problems on the 99 Busa,but every time I look on web sites ebay etc,I am not seeing the right filters and o rings I need and a dealership that will be able to supply the bits I need.Can any one help if they know the codes for the cylinder type filter and the o ring,and a good pump that will help with flow delivery.

Hi so i have a 2000 busa and i bought it from a friends wife to help pay for funeral services after he past...he had removed pair valve and did an airbox mod...i never started it cuz 2nd gear was gone...so after about a year i finally replaced trans i finally started the bike and it runs like crap...vacuum lines were all off the bike...i looked at pictures online but none of them shoe me a pair valve delete and air box mod...also i noticed the vacuum line supposed to hook up to fuel pressure regulator was sucking gas out of the regulator...im not a bike mechanic so idk if this is normal...please help!!! Pictures is a plus thanks in advance

Back