Getting ready for Loring

I'll be there. First time racer. Local shop was swamped with work and hasn't been able to get the things I need done, so I'll have to scramble to get safety wiring, Speedo-healer, kill switch and rear sprocket swapped out with less than 1 week to go.

Going to skim the rest of this forum to make sure I'm not missing anything.

@202mphbusa When it was rained out in 2017, did they issue you refunds?

-Geoff

Swapped in the 20t front contemplation on what rear to use
I am thinking a 38 like I normally do

way taller than I should ever need, But I am lazy and do not want to have to change it trackside
Are you going to on-bike film your Loring runs?
That would be soooo cool, then post up on youtube, I would love to see that!
GoPro in hi-res please!!

I'll be there. First time racer. Local shop was swamped with work and hasn't been able to get the things I need done, so I'll have to scramble to get safety wiring, Speedo-healer, kill switch and rear sprocket swapped out with less than 1 week to go.

Going to skim the rest of this forum to make sure I'm not missing anything.

@202mphbusa When it was rained out in 2017, did they issue you refunds?

-Geoff
not usually a refund, but entry gets rolled over to the next event
speedo healer?????why?

not usually a refund, but entry gets rolled over to the next event
speedo healer?????why?

So...your post is making me slap my forehead....

My speedo is wildly off so I ordered the SpeedoHealer last week to be installed. As I go through the licensing passes, I wanted to have an accurate idea of how fast I'm going.

I knew the previous owner changed the rear sprockets, but last night, I had the "oh poop" moment where I realized the rear sprocket is 43. I think the front is the stock sized 17, which from reading is not an ideal setup for LSR. So I'm ordering a 38T rear that I'm going to switch out before hand....which probably negates the need for a speedohealer.

So...your post is making me slap my forehead....

My speedo is wildly off so I ordered the SpeedoHealer last week to be installed. As I go through the licensing passes, I wanted to have an accurate idea of how fast I'm going.

I knew the previous owner changed the rear sprockets, but last night, I had the "oh poop" moment where I realized the rear sprocket is 43. I think the front is the stock sized 17, which from reading is not an ideal setup for LSR. So I'm ordering a 38T rear that I'm going to switch out before hand....which probably negates the need for a speedohealer.
I dont think you will have enough arm ( stock arm ) to run a 38 , and take up the chain slack . Running 19/40 my bike was at the back of the arm , and was a little to slack . 19/41 or 42 leaves plenty of adjustment .
Also 19/42 with a 190/50 tire is dead on GPS or 19/43 with 190/55 tire is also dead on GPS . no speedo healer needed .

I dont think you will have enough arm ( stock arm ) to run a 38 , and take up the chain slack . Running 19/40 my bike was at the back of the arm , and was a little to slack . 19/41 or 42 leaves plenty of adjustment .
Also 19/42 with a 190/50 tire is dead on GPS or 19/43 with 190/55 tire is also dead on GPS . no speedo healer needed .

Thanks for your timely reply. I have both a 38 and a 40 in my shopping cart right now, trying to figure out what's best.

I figure 17/40 should be good this time around and anticipate going up to 18/40 or 18/38 for next event. This is a genI 1397cc.

Can I drop 2 links to take up slack?

@GeoffCT are you a stock length arm ? I think your going to run out of gear at 17/40 . Taking two links out may be to short . Stock arms have a limited range of adjustments to aftermarket arms . You would need a master link / GOOD chain tool to even try it , and you shouldn't run two masters if it didnt work .
Are you guys doing a mile or 1.5 mile ?

@GeoffCT are you a stock length arm ? I think your going to run out of gear at 17/40 . Taking two links out may be to short . Stock arms have a limited range of adjustments to aftermarket arms . You would need a master link / GOOD chain tool to even try it , and you shouldn't run two masters if it didnt work .
Are you guys doing a mile or 1.5 mile ?

Yes, stock swing arm on Gen I. I'll hold off on modifying the chain - if the 40T doesn't work with the chain that's on there, I'll just run the current setup as is.

I already know I'm going to be geared too short and I'm okay with that for my first time out. I have to get my licensing passes in and my goal is get to 175 and make it home safe. I'll optimize gearing for the September event.

Yes, stock swing arm on Gen I. I'll hold off on modifying the chain - if the 40T doesn't work with the chain that's on there, I'll just run the current setup as is.

I already know I'm going to be geared too short and I'm okay with that for my first time out. I have to get my licensing passes in and my goal is get to 175 and make it home safe. I'll optimize gearing for the September event.
I would consider going with a 18 front/40 rear or 19/38 or if not time run the 19/43 (sprocket you have) will be like going down 6 teeth on the rear. Contact Powerhouse they carry up to 20 fronts. This way you have enough top end & can then play with the rear sprocket to get where you desire. You will end up changing the front eventually if this is your type of use & should pull rear wheel forward in swingarm.

Back