Any Bill Carpenter motors here?

busakiller

Registered
I am curious if anybody on here has one of his big bore stroker motors. I am curious if they last at all and if they actually streetable. He advertise big motors that are streetable and make 240 whp.

Bob Carpenter. I've know Bob since the 80's, and POWERHOUSE has done several of his engine packages and tuned them in house. How streetable depends on how high compression you go . . . sometimes you need the 24 volt setup - or a really good Lithium battery (like the 720ca Full Spectrums we sell) - to crank them over well. One other thing - any cam profile on a Busa that is .425 or greater should not be idling under 1500 rpm. You gotta keep the oil pressure up for the cams and buckets . . .

Bob Carpenter. I've know Bob since the 80's, and POWERHOUSE has done several of his engine packages and tuned them in house. How streetable depends on how high compression you go . . . sometimes you need the 24 volt setup - or a really good Lithium battery (like the 720ca Full Spectrums we sell) - to crank them over well. One other thing - any cam profile on a Busa that is .425 or greater should not be idling under 1500 rpm. You gotta keep the oil pressure up for the cams and buckets . . .
so what's a high compression 1441 Bob Carpenter motor make on your Dyno? There's one for sale supposedly with rods, CP 14 to 1 pistons and undercut trans from Robinson Industries. Its priced right and I'm considering buying it, putting it in a 68-70 inch bike with a MTC Gen 2 clutch for Crazy 8's

so what's a high compression 1441 Bob Carpenter motor make on your Dyno? There's one for sale supposedly with rods, CP 14 to 1 pistons and undercut trans from Robinson Industries. Its priced right and I'm considering buying it, putting it in a 68-70 inch bike with a MTC Gen 2 clutch for Crazy 8's
On my dyno, that setup (without knowing the cams) on Q16 will make 230-235.

that’s a lot for crazy 8’s. My Carpenter 1397 runs 8.60’s

I would love to go 8.60s on motor. Maybe some day when I feel OK spending big money on a clutch. Right now I am trying to see how far I can go with a stock clutch. So far I have been 8.80 with a 1.45 60 foot. Would like to get it into the 1.3x with stock hand clutch.

that’s a lot for crazy 8’s. My Carpenter 1397 runs 8.60’s
Are you guys talking about carpenter racing? If so they in conjunction with RCC Turbo built my motor. They said 16 25cc at 311 horsepower. Have to tow it back from the end of the quarter mile it'll blow up otherwise. But I can't get used to the clutch or the air shifter I should be in the sevens but I'm way nowhere near that yet. I think the shift light is too close to the rev limiter

Are you guys talking about carpenter racing? If so they in conjunction with RCC Turbo built my motor. They said 16 25cc at 311 horsepower. Have to tow it back from the end of the quarter mile it'll blow up otherwise. But I can't get used to the clutch or the air shifter I should be in the sevens but I'm way nowhere near that yet. I think the shift light is too close to the rev limiter
HI. Did you mean slider clutch? There are some big cc turbo bikes but they are not a good on head gaskets. I am at 1340 cc My friend runs sub 6.50s at over 225 MPH and is only 1340cc no need to be bigger.

Actually bro I'm not sure what kind of clutch I'm all confused now you guys got me all wound up. But it's big they had to put Richards great big circular RCC turbo sign on it so you can open it up and work on it and the oil won't come out. Or you can leave it down down on it for kickstand LOL in

Actually bro I'm not sure what kind of clutch I'm all confused now you guys got me all wound up. But it's big they had to put Richards great big circular RCC turbo sign on it so you can open it up and work on it and the oil won't come out. Or you can leave it down down on it for kickstand LOL in
Hi. Yes they have the quickest gasoline powered in the wold. I have the best guys help me with my LSR/ street/ drag bike I will have over $ 90,000.00 in to it. Many one off custom parts. Look up my post my very slow build.

Back