Project bike :)

Rinzler

Registered
Hey guys, glad I found this website so I can be apart of this community

My friend and I both went in on this project we purchased a 2015 hayabusa with 9k miles on it and plan on bringing it back to life. Looks like everything was touched except for the oil cool, engine, transmission, wheels, and swing arm. I'm excited to learn from the community and buy some parts!

Story behind the bike: previous original owner let his son ride the motorcycle. The accident was mainly on the right side and it looks like the bike tumbled. I haven't decided if I want to make a build post or not haha maybe a photo journal. Who knows.

0619192204.jpg

0619192204a.jpg

Build stories are the most fun. You'll get to know people faster and get some good (and some bad) ideas. One thing, there is this guy on here called @ali123 who will try to get you to put a turbo on it, just ignore him (that was a very funny inside joke).

Welcome.

Not to mention the guys like yourself and others who lure us to achieve high levels of standards in our bikes.

There are some serious bikes on this board to emulate if one has the open cheques..

My friend and I both went in on this project we purchased a 2015 hayabusa with 9k miles on it and plan on bringing it back to life. Looks like everything was touched except for the oil cool, engine, transmission, wheels, and swing arm. I'm excited to learn from the community and buy some parts!

Story behind the bike: previous original owner let his son ride the motorcycle. The accident was mainly on the right side and it looks like the bike tumbled. I haven't decided if I want to make a build post or not haha maybe a photo journal. Who knows.

View attachment 1600416

View attachment 1600417
See anything here that can help you? There's more on another blanket and you can't see LOL

View attachment 1600416

View attachment 1600417
See anything here that can help you? There's more on another blanketView attachment 1600428
Are these gen one parts? My brother is actually looking for:
Entire starter full assembly
Starter
Starter clutch
And all the gears
Sorry bro can help you with the starter, and when you said gears , do you mean the internal gear ratios or do you mean exterior sprockets, I think I know the answer but ...would let me know...

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome
Sorry bro can help you with the starter, and when you said gears , do you mean the internal gear ratios or do you mean exterior sprockets, I think I know the answer but ...would let me know...
I'll ask him but every time I message him, it's almost like it takes two business days.

As far as parts for me, we are making a parts list and I know he is already jumping the gun on buying parts to replace but I'll see what I can do to help each other out

Some good stuff I have is rims and rubber, gold rearsets excellent chains and sprockets lots of life left on them exhaust headers OEM, swing arms OEM subframes OEM rear tail section passenger seat option, better you give me a list and we can knock it off that way...

View attachment 1600416

View attachment 1600417
Looks like my bike last year!! Can’t wait to follow your rebuild def make a thread for sure!!
I am late to the party as usual!!
Welcome!!

What year did this starter come off from?
Bro I'm really really sorry. I'm racking my brain it doesn't by Bruce's, and I hate that I can't for the life of me remember where or what this came off of I'm really sorryI really want to beI really want to be the guy to help you but I can't say for sure where this came from the
I have tons of parts

This is your brother so, I'll send it down if it works hook me up for the doesn't send it back how about that? You just you just pay for the shipping that's all

Back