Cleaning Wheels, What Do You Use?

SSGT_B

Registered
As the title says, what do you use? My wheels are looking rough and need to be seriously cleaned. I’ve tried a few harsh things to get the baked in brake dust and grime with little results. Also would like to get the rotors looking good again since it’s apart right now.

For basic cleaning I use "honda brite" or the ever available "Original Bike Spirits" Same stuff, best no wash polish out there. For deep cleaning nothing beats the purple cleaner/degreaser you can get from any parts store. But dont use it on bare, unanodized aluminum will etch it.

I had very good luck In the past with WD-40 for the baked in stuff, just don’t get it on the tires.
Then I would finish them off with a sponge and a bucket with soap and water.

Oh yes I did!! Thank you very much. I have to install it was hoping to get my shock soon. Going to prob just have to buy another spring :banghead:
Which is SUPER BULL$HITE. Well guess everyone on the org. Can't be honest which is sad. Rather a person man up & simply say this happened or I messed up.

Which is SUPER BULL$HITE. Well guess everyone on the org. Can't be honest which is sad. Rather a person man up & simply say this happened or I messed up.
?? not tracking....what's happened that I didn't pick up on??

Reactions: c10
Back