METAL SHAVINGS

hayabusa_artl-jpg.jpg

Raghav , and atlbusa my son graduates this Thursday from the school house as a CH53 AM :) he has the hard life of being stationed in Hawaii now that hes off to the fleet for the Marine Corps .
Helicopters are just to cool . I saw Life light make a unusual decent / almost dive today outside Houston .

I have done lot of oil changes through the years on bikes and cars perhaps not as much as kiwi but I never saw any fine metal flakes on the drain plug just monitor it and see if its still there on the next oil change :thumbsup:

My older son is an Air Force Avionics Tech and fixes our Navy Cyclone Helos..

I got to get aboard one and it is quite a bird.

untitled.png

I am a helicopter pilot , ya i too love this forum, has a lot of information, and people willing to help. I too would love to share sometime in case u have some issue with ur helicopter....haha

What do you fly?

Thats funny, I was an air force avionics tech, and "fixed" MH-53J Pave Low helicopters, the big brother to the Cyclone aka Sikorsky S-92. But if your son is active duty air force, why is he "fixing" navy birds?

He's in the Canadian Air Force, all our air platforms fall under the Air Force regardless of where they are stationed. We are a small military and can't afford to segregate elements.

The Helos serve all elements (army, SOF, navy, air force) but only the air force maintains and flies them. We have an air force element on board ship for the helos there.

We even have army people serving on ships (support trades) and air force, navy people serving on air, SOF and army bases.

USFS Fire Suppression Heli-ttack in the '70's for about a month. We called the birds 205's but I think they were UH-1's...idk, but was lucky enough to be in one during an ag-turn, and other stuff:thumbsup:
LOVE helicopters

Raghav , and atlbusa my son graduates this Thursday from the school house as a CH53 AM :) he has the hard life of being stationed in Hawaii now that hes off to the fleet for the Marine Corps .
Helicopters are just to cool . I saw Life light make a unusual decent / almost dive today outside Houston .
Congratulations to you and your son sir, wish himna successful carrer and a happy safe life....cheers

Back