Wiring Project

Just ordered a neutrino box. I was about to try to make something work that I purchased a few years ago bUt this seems to be the ticket.

That’s a pretty cool product. Might be a viable option on a turbo bike for sure. I like the garage door opening feature as well.

Where most run in to problems on these bikes is they don’t add in a circuit to power the stuff they’re adding on. Many fail to realize that the wiring on the bike is sized just large enough to support the load that it was designed to feed. For some reason people really like to tap in to the ecu and ignition coil feeds, and wonder why the engine runs crappy. A simple relay, power block, and quality/correct sized wire do way more then high output stators, and mosfet regulators.

Thanks for the link,made some good points. I totally overlooked a ground block. I've just got about everything else on the way that I need to install. I'm really (not really) looking forward to the stator rewire!
Here is the completed install and it shows how I handled grounding. It's the yellow wires, I used a screw pole from the hardware store - works great. To be honest, the Amplink unit handles grounding better (it grounds directly to the bike), but the Neutrino handles it in a more complex manner as it has an isolated ground for things like audio.

That’s a pretty cool product. Might be a viable option on a turbo bike for sure. I like the garage door opening feature as well.

Where most run in to problems on these bikes is they don’t add in a circuit to power the stuff they’re adding on. Many fail to realize that the wiring on the bike is sized just large enough to support the load that it was designed to feed. For some reason people really like to tap in to the ecu and ignition coil feeds, and wonder why the engine runs crappy. A simple relay, power block, and quality/correct sized wire do way more then high output stators, and mosfet regulators.

View attachment 1600051
The garage door opener is actually just a Mo Door unit that can be switched through the Neutrino unit. You can buy these stand alone too, I think about $100. It's pretty slick and can handle two doors.

I like how the black box has the three isolated grounds. This is helpful because my boost gauge require a sensor ground to output map/afr readings correctly. It was tied to the iat. I didnt realize the lack of grounding till after purchasebut I think I can make it work. I was reading the manual and these smart fuse block gizmos have some cool and useful features.

I havent heard anything on that just yet but maybe arch has some insight on that. I will look into it. I believe the box integrates with the GPS on phone for speed.
Haven't played with that. I have 2 GPS units (was planning some Iron Butt runs when I bought the bike) on the BMW so I don't even use the bike's speedo. I do know that the Neutrino can use speed info from the phone to control power. For example you can set the power level on heated gear to increment by speed - but I haven't tried it.

Back