hayabusa motorbike will not crank over

walsh

Registered
hayabusa motorbike will not crank over, Battery ok, bike has been let up for a while as I was sick.

Check the kill switch is on run position, in neutral, is there any noise at all when you press the starter button? A click??
Do the lights go dim when pressing the starter?
Try to give a decent description of what happens.

With this much of a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing, an answer is almost out of the question.

This is like taking your car to the dealer and saying it's making a noise....

Welcome along, I see it’s your first post, introduce yourself in the new members forum and tell us about your bike, pics would be great! :D:race:

Its exactly as I wrote: hayabusa motorbike will not crank over, Battery ok, bike has been let up for a while as I was sick. Battery checked and ok, Kill switch correct, Clutch pulled in. Lights do not dim when when trying to crank over. Engine just makes a ticking sound. I am thinking if its the starter motor?

Engine just makes a ticking sound. I am thinking if its the starter motor?
Ok . . . so if the 'ticking noise' is a rapid clicking noise when you press the starter, that will be the starter relay contacts making that noise, usually due to a poor state of health in your battery, or loose battery terminals or poor ground connection at the engine.
Check all the battery cable connections first, then check the cable connections at the starter relay.
If they all check out secure and clean, move on to battery check.
Yes, it may show 12.5 volts or similar, but when the starter demands a big current load to power up and turn the starter, there's not enough there in 'the pool' of battery reserve to supply what is needed.
Consequently the starter relay contacts open and shut rapid fire style, and the starter won't turn the engine.
Try connecting a battery 'jump pack' or even a set of jumper leads from your car battery.
Then hit the starter and see if that wakes up the electrical system on your bike.
Keep the info coming mate, we are here to help!
PS. I hope you are feeling better and recovering from the illness.

"Try connecting a battery 'jump pack' or even a set of jumper leads from your car battery."

Just be sure if you use cables from the car that the car is not started, the alternator can sometimes spike and cause a lot more problems.

"Try connecting a battery 'jump pack' or even a set of jumper leads from your car battery."

Just be sure if you use cables from the car that the car is not started, the alternator can sometimes spike and cause a lot more problems.
Thanks I will do that, but could it be the starter Motor jamed?

Back