New in SC!

Coolant was drained an it all is Neon Green!
Looks nasty in the picture of the reservoir.
Oil cooler weight loss is small, there are other better ways of losing weight on a Busa.
Regarding a clutch mod, there are many variables that have to be mastered in order to be consistent, a clutch mod takes the bucking hopping tendency of the stock clutch out of the mix. In other words, I'm not sure anyone can say "a clutch mod took .0x off my short time or et", but doing it enables the rider to focus on other things which will reduce those times. Make sense?
Finally, no need to go 1441 and turbo, your horsepower/$ ratio will be effed. If you're interested in a turbo, get with boosted or powerhouse and follow their instructions.

Last edited:
Welcome!

My 08 I bought a few months ago is ratty as hell. 14k miles of neglect, and poor maintenance, along with sitting in the direct south Texas sun for a few years faded the paint real bad.

It’s worth taking some time on “good deal” bikes to go over the important nuts and bolts, along with inspect the chain and sprockets.

For example on mine, all the front brake caliper bolts were loose. One actually fell out. Rear brake line wasn’t even tight, and of course is wasn’t filled with fluid. Fork seals were blown, sprockets look like shark teeth, most of the o rings in the chain fell out from being ran dry for so long, the mast link wasn’t even for the chain, rear axle was loose.... there was some other stuff too.

I always find a few of those items wrong when customers bring me new used bikes to look over. Mine just happened to be the worst I’ve seen.

I’m telling you she’s ugly, but for some reason always looks flawless in pics.

Oil cooler weight here:

This is the best search method. I entered this to Google:

site:hayabusa.org oil cooler lbs

Thank you, I should of entered lbs.

Looks nasty in the picture of the reservoir.
Oil cooler weight loss is small, there are other better ways of losing weight on a Busa.
Regarding a clutch mod, there are many variables that have to be mastered in order to be consistent, a clutch mod takes the bucking hopping tendency of the stock clutch out of the mix. In other words, I'm not sure anyone can say "a clutch mod took .0x off my short time or et", but doing it enables the rider to focus on other things which will reduce those times. Make sense?
Finally, no need to go 1441 and turbo, your horsepower/$ ratio will be effed. If you're interested in a turbo, get with boosted or powerhouse and follow their instructions.

I think the reservoir is old and nasty, I will pull it and clean it. I was sooo relieved when bright green came out.

That makes sense on the clutch mod ordeal. If I can shift focus to other things and keep the nose down and keep her straight I am good lol.

I mentioned 1441 because it seemed to me that I could just grab a Gen 2 crank, forged rods, and low compression pistons to be good. I plan on doing and RCC kit on stock motor for a while anyway. I will get with someone to spec the engine when the time comes.
Welcome!

My 08 I bought a few months ago is ratty as hell. 14k miles of neglect, and poor maintenance, along with sitting in the direct south Texas sun for a few years faded the paint real bad.

It’s worth taking some time on “good deal” bikes to go over the important nuts and bolts, along with inspect the chain and sprockets.

For example on mine, all the front brake caliper bolts were loose. One actually fell out. Rear brake line wasn’t even tight, and of course is wasn’t filled with fluid. Fork seals were blown, sprockets look like shark teeth, most of the o rings in the chain fell out from being ran dry for so long, the mast link wasn’t even for the chain, rear axle was loose.... there was some other stuff too.

I always find a few of those items wrong when customers bring me new used bikes to look over. Mine just happened to be the worst I’ve seen.

I’m telling you she’s ugly, but for some reason always looks flawless in pics. View attachment 1599722
Most definitely, I went over everything I could remember to look at while I was there. I know I have to do fork seals. Chain and rear sprocket are new and look good. Front sprocket I want to go down 1 but if I go Turbo I will go back stock. I just ordered fairings today as well. I plan on doing SS lines/EBC pads in the future. I am swapping fluid when I get back to the bike. I love that color Gen 2 so I found some Gen 1 plastics in those colors!

Back