velocity stage 1 turbo rebuild kit?

Now, that looks

That looks Great! My gen 1 velocity, the turbo is WAY Lower and the fitting in the oil pan is above the oil level.

Ogre, Constructive Criticism is Always Welcome. YES, I Am Cranky! I've had a New Bike for 2 weeks now and haven't ridden it once! Between Raining every day and Waiting for my Insurance Agent on Agreed Upon Value Coverage, I'm kinda Pissed Off. I Apologize for Snapping at you. Usually, when I add something to a conversation, it's based on riding these turbo bikes for 15 years and going through Hell because it wasn't done properly. That's why when people sell turbo bikes here, A Bell goes off in my Brain and I ask Pertinent Questions because I Never want Anybody here to go through the Misery, Heartache and Expense that I had to. Stay Well..

Just saying, I ride year round in the Pacific Northwest, rain can't stop you, you stop yourself :) It makes me wonder if there isn't another way to position the turbo or route the lines and piping that would be a little better. I'm excited on your behalf, you boosted bastid.

Send me that, and I'll try it out and report back....

That’s the turbo and header that’s on the shop bike right now. Made 257.9hp on 4.6psi of boost on 93 pump gas. I’d say it’s working extremely well.

Just saying, I ride year round in the Pacific Northwest, rain can't stop you, you stop yourself :) It makes me wonder if there isn't another way to position the turbo or route the lines and piping that would be a little better. I'm excited on your behalf, you boosted bastid.

Unless you go side or rear mounted, that’s pretty much the optimal spot to stick a turbo on these.

That’s the turbo and header that’s on the shop bike right now. Made 257.9hp on 4.6psi of boost on 93 pump gas. I’d say it’s working extremely well.

Unless you go side or rear mounted, that’s pretty much the optimal spot to stick a turbo on these.

What about a reverse rotation turbo? precision has a reverse rotation billet 6266... I fuggin wish I could weld. fack.

What about a reverse rotation turbo? precision has a reverse rotation billet 6266... I fuggin wish I could weld. fack.
That would allow the turbo to be a little higher. But even with a reverse rotation turbo if the compressor cover clears the radiator in the stock location you can’t go much higher. Reason being for how the header is designed, at the merge in to the turbo flange has too much turbulence causing back pressure. Excessive back pressure causes the wastegate to boost significantly over spring pressure.

I learned this first hand with the first header I made. Using the same turbo that I pictured, it would not gate any lower then 9 psi with a 4 psi spring. Not good on a gen 2. So the second header I made which I showed a few posts up lowered the position of the turbo almost an inch so 3 of the runners have a more direct shot in to the turbine housing.

So with that same turbo that wouldn’t gate below 9psi, now gates at 4.6psi. Tial rates their spring at 4.4psi. The general rule of thumb is you’ll never gate exactly what the spring is rated for, and if you’re within 1psi or so you’re doing good. So to be at .2 psi over spring pressure is really damn good. Thats a testament to a well designed header, and proper porting of the turbine housing where the gate was added in.

I've been pricing out tig welders, I can't afford to spend gazillions, but I know if I buy the cheapest pos I can find it'll either break or won't work properly.

Look in to everlast tig machines. I have a 205Si. It’s a 200 amp ac/dc tig, stick welder, and 50amp plasma cutter. Mines a 2016 model, but it was $1500 with everything you need minus a bottle of argon. All their machines are inverter power supplies so you get pulse settings, frequency adjustments, and adjustable ac balance.

First header vs the revised one. You can see how the runners are angled down in to the turbo flange on the second one.

I got brand new tires with No miles in them. I just got the Insurance done today so, I'm Good Now!

so turbo lab will actually machine your compressor and exhaust housings out and fit bigger wheels if you like, or convert your journal bearing CHRA to a ball bearing, or whatever. He will pimp your turbo, whatever you want, within the scope of physical possibility and your wallet, he'll do it.
I was thinking of doing the same to my turbo as well, Garrett Gt28. Have you had any experience with turbo lab or others?

Last edited:
Just another endorsement for Turbos direct out of Arizona. I 've actually been to their shop. Its TITS
What has been your experience with turbos direct? I would like to upgrade mine. Garrett gt28 instead of trashing it and buying a new turbo altogether.

Back