velocity stage 1 turbo rebuild kit?

My Velocity Stage 2 leaked until Powerhouse fixed it. Depending on where the turbo outlet oil fitting was placed in the oil pan, the size of the fittings and the hoses, sometimes it doesn't all drain out of the line and it leaks out of the Turbos cold air inlet where the filter is. There was a good amount on the ground, Many times. Especially when it was on the side stand. Not that this is your problem, it's just what happened to me. It would smoke on startup alot until it burned the excess oil out of the turbo. My cold air pipe from the turbo and the plenum interior was filled with oil..
would this maybe be the outlet?

My Velocity Stage 2 leaked until Powerhouse fixed it. Depending on where the turbo outlet oil fitting was placed in the oil pan, the size of the fittings and the hoses, sometimes it doesn't all drain out of the line and it leaks out of the Turbos cold air inlet where the filter is. There was a good amount on the ground, Many times. Especially when it was on the side stand. Not that this is your problem, it's just what happened to me. It would smoke on startup alot until it burned the excess oil out of the turbo. My cold air pipe from the turbo and the plenum interior was filled with oil..
would this be the outlet in the oil pan???

That's what the picture is, an oil return, but it shouldn't go to the underside of the pan, it should drain into the pan above the level of the oil.

That's what the picture is, an oil return, but it shouldn't go to the underside of the pan, it should drain into the pan above the level of the oil.

In order for the turbo oil drain to return above the oil level the line would have to go uphill and you’d have to tap the lower engine case. If the oil level is full and the bike is standing straight up, oil is usually just in the very bottom of the sight glass. No way a turbo will gravity drain like that.

Not the most clear pic but you can see the oil drain where it goes on to the pan. The fitting is at the very bottom of the pan, and the hose is a nice steady downhill slope all the way from the turbo to the pan. Zero draining issues.

never realized how low those turbos hang on a bike.

That’s still about 2” above the oil level with the bike shut off.

When I attempt a 35r that’s when you get really close to drain problems if the header isn’t designed right.

There's Alot of underside on the pan, Its Tapered! If I meant bottom of the pan, I would have said bottom..And yes, above the oil line. The problem with the earlier Velocity systems is the exhaust manifold hung the turbo low which didn't give alot of downward slope to enter the oil pan well enough above the oil line so, it didn't drain well. I've only had this system for 15 Years now.

There's Alot of underside on the pan, Its Tapered! If I meant bottom of the pan, I would have said bottom..And yes, above the oil line. The problem with the earlier Velocity systems is the exhaust manifold hung the turbo low which didn't give alot of downward slope to enter the oil pan well enough above the oil line so, it didn't drain well. I've only had this system for 15 Years now.
Take it easy cranky pants, lol

View attachment 1599058

That’s still about 2” above the oil level with the bike shut off.

When I attempt a 35r that’s when you get really close to drain problems if the header isn’t designed right.
silly question, have you ever tried flipping it the other way? so the compressor entry is facing the right side of the bike, and the compressor would be rotating from top, to the front of the bike, to the bottom, and then you'd be able to tuck the turbo up higher.

silly question, have you ever tried flipping it the other way? so the compressor entry is facing the right side of the bike, and the compressor would be rotating from top, to the front of the bike, to the bottom, and then you'd be able to tuck the turbo up higher.

I haven’t. But it makes more sense on these bikes to run the compressor on the left side. It makes it so the turbine housing is tucked against the engine to allow the radiator to sit in the factory location.

View attachment 1599076

Just snapped this off of Lucy.
Now, that looks
View attachment 1599076

Just snapped this off of Lucy.
That looks Great! My gen 1 velocity, the turbo is WAY Lower and the fitting in the oil pan is above the oil level.
Take it easy cranky pants, lol

Ogre, Constructive Criticism is Always Welcome. YES, I Am Cranky! I've had a New Bike for 2 weeks now and haven't ridden it once! Between Raining every day and Waiting for my Insurance Agent on Agreed Upon Value Coverage, I'm kinda Pissed Off. I Apologize for Snapping at you. Usually, when I add something to a conversation, it's based on riding these turbo bikes for 15 years and going through Hell because it wasn't done properly. That's why when people sell turbo bikes here, A Bell goes off in my Brain and I ask Pertinent Questions because I Never want Anybody here to go through the Misery, Heartache and Expense that I had to. Stay Well..

Now, that looks

That looks Great! My gen 1 velocity, the turbo is WAY Lower and the fitting in the oil pan is above the oil level.

Ogre, Constructive Criticism is Always Welcome. YES, I Am Cranky! I've had a New Bike for 2 weeks now and haven't ridden it once! Between Raining every day and Waiting for my Insurance Agent on Agreed Upon Value Coverage, I'm kinda Pissed Off. I Apologize for Snapping at you. Usually, when I add something to a conversation, it's based on riding these turbo bikes for 15 years and going through Hell because it wasn't done properly. That's why when people sell turbo bikes here, A Bell goes off in my Brain and I ask Pertinent Questions because I Never want Anybody here to go through the Misery, Heartache and Expense that I had to. Stay Well..

You must have a scavenger pump if the oil returns above the oil level.

Back