Dragon run. Anyone?

Getn off

Registered
Sup dudes!
Got a small gaggle headed up to the tail May 16-19 from Orlando. If any of you have time and want to come by and say hi, come on up! I will even buy the first round.
We will all be on corner carvin Hogs, but we will still talk to Busa dudes! Lol
Got 6 rooms at the Robbinsville Comfort Inn. Plan on a relaxing weekend of day riding and eve drinkin. Come on by and introduce yourself.
Convinced the womanfolk to ride up with us too!
Feel free to ride all the way up with us, or take a day trip from the ATL, if ur close.
End of season will be a more serious guy trip...which will be on the big yeller Bus!
Troy

If you were going there Memorial Day weekend I might’ve taken you up on the offer. Us Harley guys gotta stick together:D

That’s the soonest I would’ve been able to get some time off from work.

Sup dudes!
Got a small gaggle headed up to the tail May 16-19 from Orlando. If any of you have time and want to come by and say hi, come on up! I will even buy the first round.
We will all be on corner carvin Hogs, but we will still talk to Busa dudes! Lol
Got 6 rooms at the Robbinsville Comfort Inn. Plan on a relaxing weekend of day riding and eve drinkin. Come on by and introduce yourself.
Convinced the womanfolk to ride up with us too!
Feel free to ride all the way up with us, or take a day trip from the ATL, if ur close.
End of season will be a more serious guy trip...which will be on the big yeller Bus!
Troy
I’ve been wanting to ride up from Tampa for years, but something always gets in the way. I already have plans for those dates or I would
Join.

Sounds like a great time ...Im headed down sometime in July for a week.Cant wait! U know I asked probably 15 people from wrk to see if they wanted to go and not 1 of those pansy's said they would...lol

Sounds like a great time ...Im headed down sometime in July for a week.Cant wait! U know I asked probably 15 people from wrk to see if they wanted to go and not 1 of those pansy's said they would...lol

Yeah people always make excuses.......

I work 60 hours a week minimum and have a family to take care of. So when I hear how guys don’t have time to do this or go there it falls on deaf ears. Most of the guys I work with have to get a permission slip from their women just to get a way for an hour or 2 on a Saturday cruise :banghead:

How you spend $20-30 grand on a bike for it to sit in a garage??? Spend more time posting on a forum about what you have than actually putting miles on the bike :rolleyes:

very true. none of them have ever been and they all say they always wanted to so i was gonna show them around since ive been many times. guess they dont want to go that bad. its fine though. i actually prefer to go by myself anyways. can wait to retire and move down in that direction

Yeah people always make excuses.......

I work 60 hours a week minimum and have a family to take care of. So when I hear how guys don’t have time to do this or go there it falls on deaf ears. Most of the guys I work with have to get a permission slip from their women just to get a way for an hour or 2 on a Saturday cruise :banghead:

How you spend $20-30 grand on a bike for it to sit in a garage??? Spend more time posting on a forum about what you have than actually putting miles on the bike :rolleyes:
That happens?:lol:

very true. none of them have ever been and they all say they always wanted to so i was gonna show them around since ive been many times. guess they dont want to go that bad. its fine though. i actually prefer to go by myself anyways. can wait to retire and move down in that direction

1st time I went I met my best friend down there. He rode 12 hours from KS and I rode 10 from PA. We met up Friday night at the hotel. Nice place in Maryville that had a Texas Roadhouse in walking distance very Bike Friendly :beerchug::thumbsup:

I had planned out an all day ride for us plotted the course in my GPS and we hit the road 1st in the AM. Got to ride the Dragon with no squids or traffic checked the box and continued riding. We were all over the place having th time of our lives. As the sun was setting and getting dark we were just pulling back into the hotel. Had a nice meal @ the road house washed it down with a beer or 2.

Crashed out and hit the road 1st thing in the AM heading home. Trip was amazing and it took less than 72hours time...... Wasn’t a lot of $$$ either. So yeah I don’t wanna hear about woulda coulda shoulda. Either make it happen or you don’t :super:

Well Im headed down sometime in July for a week. Ill post the date and if anyone is in the area Ill buy lunch. But like if there are like a bunch then your on your own. lol. I went to the dark side for now and ill be on a 2018 green zx 14. Its a great ride but kinda weird for me since I have a hayabusa tattoo. lol

Had a blast! Wasnt the same as leaning the busa over on those roads, but had a great time none the less. 4 couples ended up riding up. Cant believe my wife was such a trooper. She actually admitted that she enjoyed the whole trip. Left Thursday and rode 13 hours (about 10 in the saddle). Rode 2 days around the area, and another 650 miles home on Sunday.
New Ultra Limited did well. Corbin heated/AC saddle was a God Send! Yes AC hehehe! The Freedom touring windscreen also helped the enjoyment.
Already planning our next trip...Key West in Early October it sounds like. Anybody is welcome then too!
Troy

Had a blast! Wasnt the same as leaning the busa over on those roads, but had a great time none the less. 4 couples ended up riding up. Cant believe my wife was such a trooper. She actually admitted that she enjoyed the whole trip. Left Thursday and rode 13 hours (about 10 in the saddle). Rode 2 days around the area, and another 650 miles home on Sunday.
New Ultra Limited did well. Corbin heated/AC saddle was a God Send! Yes AC hehehe! The Freedom touring windscreen also helped the enjoyment.
Already planning our next trip...Key West in Early October it sounds like. Anybody is welcome then too!
TroyView attachment 1599350

Always wanted to ride down to Key West.....

Let me know more info on your trip as it gets closer. If I have some vacay days left I might strongly consider taking you up on the offer :beerchug:

Would plan it either before or after Fantasy Fest which is mid Oct. wives are thinking of going again for this one, possibly!
Always welcome! I will keep you posted as it gets closer. From Orlando area it is a nice full days ride - roughly 7 hours seat time.
Troy

Back