Its 2019, isnt there something better than a airshifter

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
It has to be something better than an air shifter for a street/strip setup

I've read god awful reviews about the pingle setup but boy doesn't that all electric UP AND DOWN shifting sound good

Kiltronicks is out of the u.s. but suppose to be better

Has anyone found a better solution than an air shifter

Holeshot performance makes a shifter but it seems cheap

Thank you....

You know, the Busa has so much torque, I very seldom use a lot of up and down the gear ratios so I see no need for a quick-shifter.
In saying that, Toad has one and he will tell us that we do need one I'm betting, lol.
I've always thought they are really meant for liter bikes and lower, for the close ratio gearbox with minimal torque and engine braking. That would be a useful application for one.
I suppose everyone has a different approach to their riding, but the Busa has a lot of torque, I would like to try out a Busa with an air shifter/quick shifter, just to see what it's really all about.

For drag racing purposes, an air shifter is pretty much a necessity IMO if u wanna be quick

Let's not get a "quick shifter" and air shifter mixed up tho either

As far as the Busa torque, yes plenty, but in drag racing youre at the top end of the power range majority of the time, after the initial launch, torque is kinda irrelevant, its all top end power, unless of course a turbo may change things, idk

For the guys who are familiar with me and my frequent post

Ive decided to stay short wheelbase and go power first instead, thanks to @ali123 and @Mr Brown

Maybe besides a drag shock of course and clutch work

Seen a thread about a swb grudge bike and man the potential to make a few hot heads mad when those 58" inches of wheelbase hits the line first is hilarious and profitable:super::banana::race:

I've read god awful reviews about the pingle setup but boy doesn't that all electric UP AND DOWN shifting sound good

Thank you....
The short answer is no. The other products you named work to varying degrees, but there's a reason air shifters are still so popular: they work. Several variations on the theme, but it's proven, inexpensive technology.

For the guys who are familiar with me and my frequent post

Ive decided to stay short wheelbase and go power first instead, thanks to @ali123 and @Mr Brown

Maybe besides a drag shock of course and clutch work

Seen a thread about a swb grudge bike and man the potential to make a few hot heads mad when those 58" inches of wheelbase hits the line first is hilarious and profitable:super::banana::race:

Thank you....
setup has a lot to do with how great or bad an airshifter is.... kill times/having a steady and powerful air supply.

for drag racing it's about keeping the power on I assume. On the track or the street it's about smooth power delivery. "smooth" riders are skilled at applying power so it doesn't upset the bike, for the rest of us a slipper clutch and a QS is a good sub for talent. on a touring bike it makes the ride way better for the passenger.

funny no one has said my quick shifter is in my hands. This is actually more true with a QC than TC. But they are really fun!

My Gixxer only goes to the drag strip. I have a Pingel air shifter on it. That shifter is getting close to 10 years old. Still working just fine. I did have to replace the kill box once. Other then that it has been trouble free. I push the button, it makes a shift. My Busa is mostly run on the street. But goes to the strip a few times every Summer. I had MPS do my Flash and add the horn button conversion. I did NOT use there cylinder. I used a Pingel cylinder. The system works great. I flip a switch. And the horn button becomes my shift button. Both bikes have onboard air compressors. Both systems are trouble free...
There is always going to be a cylinder involved in a shifting setup like this. Air, electric, or hydraulic are the only ways I can think of to operate a cylinder. And air is by far the best choice.
The electric Up and Down shifting setup Pingel offers is really not in the same category. It certainly can be used going down the drag strip. But that's not what it was designed for .

My Gixxer only goes to the drag strip. I have a Pingel air shifter on it. That shifter is getting close to 10 years old. Still working just fine. I did have to replace the kill box once. Other then that it has been trouble free. I push the button, it makes a shift. My Busa is mostly run on the street. But goes to the strip a few times every Summer. I had MPS do my Flash and add the horn button conversion. I did NOT use there cylinder. I used a Pingel cylinder. The system works great. I flip a switch. And the horn button becomes my shift button. Both bikes have onboard air compressors. Both systems are trouble free...
There is always going to be a cylinder involved in a shifting setup like this. Air, electric, or hydraulic are the only ways I can think of to operate a cylinder. And air is by far the best choice.
The electric Up and Down shifting setup Pingel offers is really not in the same category. It certainly can be used going down the drag strip. But that's not what it was designed for .
Wow, great info thanks

Is there a way to set up an air pump to auto fill a tank and auto shut off based on pressure

Like with the bike switched on the pump determines to switch on or off depending on tank pressure

Trying to achieve a way to have constant ready to use tank pressure without having to constantly check the system and manually switch it on and off

for drag racing it's about keeping the power on I assume. On the track or the street it's about smooth power delivery. "smooth" riders are skilled at applying power so it doesn't upset the bike, for the rest of us a slipper clutch and a QS is a good sub for talent. on a touring bike it makes the ride way better for the passenger.

funny no one has said my quick shifter is in my hands. This is actually more true with a QC than TC. But they are really fun!
Well jus for the record I use clutches shifting quite frequently daily riding, makes for a smoother accel in my opinion, and all the time when I have to prove I'm faster lol...tho I've heard you can use the rev limiter as a "auto blip" by preloading the shift linkage but never had any success with that

Wow, great info thanks

Is there a way to set up an air pump to auto fill a tank and auto shut off based on pressure

Like with the bike switched on the pump determines to switch on or off depending on tank pressure

Trying to achieve a way to have constant ready to use tank pressure without having to constantly check the system and manually switch it on and off
Yes, get a pressure window switch and wire it into the ground. I use one on my bagged truck. They're cheap and easy. I recommend wiring the whole system through the key switch so that when pressure bleeds off when you're not riding the compressor doesn't kick on. Sitting in the garage for instance.

Thanks
Yes, get a pressure window switch and wire it into the ground. I use one on my bagged truck. They're cheap and easy. I recommend wiring the whole system through the key switch so that when pressure bleeds off when you're not riding the compressor doesn't kick on. Sitting in the garage for instance.
Thanks once again Mr.brown:super::banana::race:

Has anyone ever used a quick shifter/air shifter combo, or is that completely pointless lol...jus askin

Like bought a quick shifter first then implemented an air shifter later to work together
Just my Opinion. I do not have any installed at this time in my busa. you could configure your quick shifer through the ECU(Reflash)and works great!! If you ask me which one I would install in my busa, I would use the quick shifter for street use.You would also save more money.

Wow, great info thanks

Yes there is. And it's very simple. Heading out to my grandsons ball game. I will leave you links to parts needed either later tonight or in the morning...

Back