Engine Cutting Out

Has anybody that has this problem cured it?
Have the dealers at least said there is a problem and put it on paper, or just shuffle you out the door?

Dealers in my area say they do not have any complaints.

I've been reading all your posts about the problem of the cut-out on the Busa, that I have to say something. Next week I'm going to get my own black/red Busa, so I'm a little worry about the problem.

However, I have test that machine (I have a friend with one) and it as already +10.000Km without any cut-out trouble. But I've notice something that happens when the bike was only 2.000Km. You all know that the side stand as a engine switch that kill's the engine if any gear is engage, and you open it. Well, the vibrations of the engine lossen the side stand, and the killing switch could be activated. He then take the bike to the dealer, and they glue the sprocket of the side stand, so it would not get losse.

I think it's worth to check your side stand...........

JF

Cut-out problem started after about 2500 km and happens only when the engine is very hot, not the weather ! And it happens most of the time when I drive fast, over 9000 rpm and when I quickly change to the next gear.
Just to remind how it goes for me.
I experienced an NDE with the cut-out !!!

Today (08/05/99) I was traveling up a major highway at approximately 75-85 mph. I accelerated slightly, slowed due to a car changing lanes in front of me, then went to the middle lane to pass this car. While rolling on the throttle, the bike "died" for a second or two and then picked up speed. I accelerated up to about 85 mph again, slowed for my exit ramp and the EXACT same thing occured again. The conditions at the time of the incident were: Hot (90+), humid (75%), moderate traffic conditions, and I had just ridden (at the time of the problem) 103.2 miles without stopping. Also, I was in 6th gear and utilizing a magnetic tank bag. I have never had any problems prior to this, I have ridden farther, in hotter weather, and currently have 3,500+ miles on the bike. I immediately called my Suzuki dealership (Dover, DE) and spoke with them. They advised they have not had any complaints thus far (except for a subject that put on a full aftermarket exaust system without remapping) for the condition I described. I have dealt with them for 7 years now and am personal friends with the owner & mechanic, so I know if they had a "reported" problem they would have been straight up and told me. Anybody have any fixes or suggestions???

[This message has been edited by mike maresca (edited 06 August 1999).]

Mine was cutting out too at high rpm, about 9000 rpm. It didn't kill it just shut off for about 4 or 5 seconds.The next time I watched the tach to see if rpm dropped off when it shuts off which would indicate ignition cut out,the tach stayed up and came down slowly as i lost speed. That means its fuel related so I rigged up LED lights to monitor fuel pump relay to see if I was loosing ecm ground, b+ to the relay, or b+ to the fuel pump.When rigging up I noticed the connections to the relay were a little loose so I crimped them a little tighter.Now the problem seems to have gone away.dont know if it fixed it or just a fluke,but it was happening pretty regular before.

Bob and Sigy, thank you for your cutout info. I will be calling Brad at x380 and discuss warranty and engine cutout. Suzuki finally owns up to the problem.

My serial #0929

Sigy posted his, what is yours Bob?

Good luck with Brad, hopefully he will talk again and preferably give you someone else to speak with, more technical. He clearly does not want to say too much.
Bob
SIGY-- where is the fuel pump relay? I do not have a manual.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 12 August 1999).]

Cut-out problem started after about 2500 km and happens only when the engine is very hot, not the weather ! And it happens most of the time when I drive fast, over 9000 rpm and when I quickly change to the next gear.
Just to remind how it goes for me.
I experienced an NDE with the cut-out !!!
Did anyone find out what the issue was? Dealing with the same. Bike runs good while cold but will cut off randomly while hot. It's a 2005 hayabusa.

Did anyone find out what the issue was? Dealing with the same. Bike runs good while cold but will cut off randomly while hot. It's a 2005 hayabusa.
That post is damn near 20 years old. The fuel pumps on the 99/00 bikes were a poor design and got hot causing vapor lock. Suzuki changed the design in 01, your 05 has an internal pump, vapor lock caused by heat isn't a problem for you.

That post is damn near 20 years old. The fuel pumps on the 99/00 bikes were a poor design and got hot causing vapor lock. Suzuki changed the design in 01, your 05 has an internal pump, vapor lock caused by heat isn't a problem for you.
I checked that out. The post is 20 years old but I recently got the bike. And the dealership here are Clueless about the issue. I'm from India. So just trying to find an answer to the problem

I checked that out. The post is 20 years old but I recently got the bike. And the dealership here are Clueless about the issue. I'm from India. So just trying to find an answer to the problem
Understood, but it's unlikely that anyone from 20 years ago is still going to be around to answer your question. You'd be better off starting a thread explaining your issues (with as many details about the bike as possible) and waiting for some responses.
On a different note, it seems that a lot of Indian owners struggle to find a competent dealer.

Understood, but it's unlikely that anyone from 20 years ago is still going to be around to answer your question. You'd be better off starting a thread explaining your issues (with as many details about the bike as possible) and waiting for some responses.
On a different note, it seems that a lot of Indian owners struggle to find a competent dealer.
True that. We do have a ton of incomepetent dealers around. Have PM 'ed another member and have the bike with my mechanic untill the weekend. If he comes up dry, will have to start a new thread

Running good cold and bad hot can also be electrical.
Not enough info yet to say, but just something to keep in mind.

Mr Hotrod91-welcome as this is your first thread to be posting in. Pictures of your bike in the "New Owner" thread would be welcome.

As a point of reference for future knowledge, one of our revered members @RedBull usually rehashes old posts to see who is awake and who will respond. Most of us generally await who does respond and then jump into the fray.

Back