Clutch flush

The clutch fluid needs flushing/bleeding twice as often as the brakes, think about how often you pull that clutch lever on every ride compared to how often you pull the brake lever, the fluid goes dark because of microscopic flakes piston seal material wearing away and floating in suspension in the fluid.
Clutch hydraulics get neglected as well as rear brake fluids.
Sad. . . But true.

The clutch fluid needs flushing/bleeding twice as often as the brakes, think about how often you pull that clutch lever on every ride compared to how often you pull the brake lever, the fluid goes dark because of microscopic flakes piston seal material wearing away and floating in suspension in the fluid.
Sad. . . But true.
I’m with kiwi on this. I run clear tubing on my reservoirs and it’s crazy how fast the clutch fluid gets dark.

Sad. . . But true.
The fluid changes color due to heat from being attached to the engine , and line over engine . Caliper seals / seal of slave cylinder are very much the same . Many years ago I showed this on another forum .
You brakes may get hot but there is a pad between the pistons/ heat , and they get air cooled .

Back