New busa after not riding for a year

Tristanxxclare

Registered
So me and my fiance got busas this past weekend a 2015 and 2013 I am in love with mine, well looking at it anyway I have not rode it yet as it's still cold as balls in New York. Anyway I need tips for riding a busa for the first time. My fiance is scaring the poop out of me saying how easy it wheelies when you arent even trying and thats what I'm scared the most about.. esp after not riding for a year.. I do have experience on bikes..I took a safety course, rode a 250 for a year and then for 3 years I rode an sv650s none of these bikes are like the busa, obviously. Just wanted some tips or your input..

20190330_154638.jpg

Nice looking bike. I’ve never had the wheelie issue your fiancé described. Sounds a bit over dramatic. Ride in C mode for a while if you need to. Better yet, use A mode as intended so you know what you have and control your throttle.

That's what I was going to do but the bike also has a power commander on it so I didn't know if c mode would really help and also this is the 1360cc and thank you!

The bike won't wheelie WOT in any gear but at sea level it sure feels like it wants to. I like to blip the throttle in first and ride a nice little wheelie. Don't know what your riding level is but this book (Twist of the wrist) really helped me when I got a Busa. Simple good fundamentals! Enjoy your new bike!
https://supershop.store/products/a-...IP_TJ-c6FVMNAorAbeIDhm7bL4oHjLXRoCascQAvD_BwE

Yes they Will wheelie stock, off just wide open throttle. But you know it's coming when it does.

I can only speak for gen 1.

i can easily wheely mine in 2 nd and 3rd gear from only opening the throttle quickly or accelarating hard in high rpms and iam a big and heavy guy. im sure it wont be any different with a gen 1. Maybe dont give someone who is already "concerned" wrong advice!

Last edited:
i can easily wheely mine in 2 nd and 3rd gear from only opening the throttle quickly or accelarating hard in high rpms and iam a big and heavy guy. im sure it wont be any different with a gen 1. Maybe dont give someone who is already "concerned" wrong advice!
Nope! Like I said I can only speak for gen 1 but no it won't! Not in 3rd without clutch.

Back