Mosque Shootings in Christchurch NZ, my home town.

Prayers to the victims and there family s and indeed a very sad dark day for our neighbors in New Zealand I hope the police intelligent agencies learn from this as this nutter apparently posted on Facebook that he was going to do this ?
Just heard on the news that New Zealand will be changing it s gun laws because this nutter obtained the firearms pretty easily?

He announced it and he livestreamed it with his helmet camera ON facebook live!

There are things I do not need to see. There are things I will not watch. That would probably cover both. I understand from the evening news that non of the weapons were full on automatics which would explain some aspects of getting weapons into NZ. Nothing will convince me three men were all that were involved.

There are things I do not need to see. There are things I will not watch. That would probably cover both. I understand from the evening news that non of the weapons were full on automatics which would explain some aspects of getting weapons into NZ. Nothing will convince me three men were all that were involved.
First thing I heard on Aussie tv news , was full auto weapons , that was typical reaction I guess from news media !! Interestingly , NZ has fairly tough gun laws , but no register log for who's got what . That seems to be the big difference between Australian and NZ laws .

First thing I heard on Aussie tv news , was full auto weapons , that was typical reaction I guess from news media !! Interestingly , NZ has fairly tough gun laws , but no register log for who's got what . That seems to be the big difference between Australian and NZ laws .
I saw the initial video released by our media, cut short just as he was walking up to the mosque gates.
As he got out of the car, he had a AR-15 in his hand and was firing it in full auto at the ground.
The muzzle flash was fast and repetitious, obviously fully automatic.
He walked to the back of the car still firing the weapon, dropped it on the ground, opened the rear gate of the Subaru Legacy and grabbed another AR-15.
It did not make any sense to me why he was firing it at the ground as he was stepping out of the car.
The point I'm making is that to me, it was obviously converted to full auto mode.

All I can say is your Prime minister (if that is her title) said two semi autos two shot guns and a pistol. The M 16 is the auto version so I'm guessing the AR can be converted or he could just be excitedly pulling the trigger a lot I can't say. I refused to give him or his compatriots the power over me.

I heard Facebook was airing the full graphic footage for nearly 3 hours before it was finally pulled !! I don't have FB , and wouldn't of viewed it anyway , civilians being slaughter ain't ever been my thing .
I'm the same as you Toad, I would not want to see people being shot.
Watching Hollywood movies with shootings is abhorrent to me nowadays, and I am not a FB user anyway, so no way will I put those images in my mind willingly.

3 men? thats the story they are telling now? lol...… c'mon... I hope they got some good intel from this and that they just don't want to publicly give away what they know now..... such a tragic event and senseless.

I believe cool heads and calculated reason is the only response to insanity. Do not name shooters, put them in a hole and forget them, remember only the victims. Any public executions would give martyrdom and spread the insanity.
here is the thing though... I firmly believe these sickos are cowards.. and a public execution would send a strong message to any POTENTIAL "extremists"..... It would have a deterrent effect.. the messaged would be this..... hey SICKOS.... ure not going to a cushy federal lockup or even state facility where anyone is gonna protect you.... You are going to die quickly after your heinous act... speedy trial followed by public beheading with a dull blade...….. PS.... Did any of these sickos kill themselves after the attack?

here is the thing though... I firmly believe these sickos are cowards.. and a public execution would send a strong message to any POTENTIAL "extremists"..... It would have a deterrent effect.. the messaged would be this..... hey SICKOS.... ure not going to a cushy federal lockup or even state facility where anyone is gonna protect you.... You are going to die quickly after your heinous act... speedy trial followed by public beheading with a dull blade...….. PS.... Did any of these sickos kill themselves after the attack?
You don't do something like this without being willing to die. Put these guys to death publicly and they become martyrs. They will deter no one and inspire more freaks. They should make them clean toilets in a mosque for the rest of their live and stream it live.

You do not do something like this
without being willing to die .

Put these guys to death publicly
and they become martyrs .

They will deter no one
and inspire more freaks .

They should make them clean toilets in a mosque
for the rest of their live and stream it live .

:bowdown:

You don't do something like this without being willing to die. Put these guys to death publicly and they become martyrs. They will deter no one and inspire more freaks. They should make them clean toilets in a mosque for the rest of their live and stream it live.
lol... arch… I kinda think everyone is scared to die when the TIME COMES.

Fwiw I do think the religious terrorists of all stripes (because it's not just Muslims doing it) are true believers who my look forward to their reward. But I do not think people of the sort in NZ or the USA or Canada are of that same cloth.
I think they realise they may be caught. They feel they will be glorified on tv during their trial and depending on the country may live the rest of their lives confined but still able to
Spew their racist agenda. Those are the individuals that may reconsider their plan when the executions are broadcast live.
But given there are denyers of events such as Sandy Hook they may not believe actual executions are taking place. Right up to the point of their own
Which I would not bother to cross a deserted street to watch. Let them die in anonymity. And their names ever be mentioned again

Back