Gen 1 1441 build advice..

Skywalker86

Registered
Hey Fam my gen 1 broke a rod and i need a new block.. i want to build a 1441 and just looking at suggestions to build something reliable for specifically street purpose.. i want something with balls when needed for those 1 off moments i wanna leave someone behind.. nothing too over the top mods my bike previously had..

Ballistic clutch h/d
clutch basket welded
emission valves removed, head plated
inlet cam change
adjustable cam sprokets
new cam chain
manual cam chain adjuster
thin head gasket (high comp)
head cleaned up (high port and polis)
k&n airfilter
front and rear sprockets changed
drive chain changed
12.3:1 high comp pistons
power commander usb3
engine delay shifter (not connected)
yoshimura stage 3 full system

Thanks your advice will be appreciated

bottom line is.... 4-6 grand all said and done for a 1441 with headwork.... if u do it alllll yourself.... maybe u save a little... or maybe it becomes the build that NEVER ends.....

Last edited:
if ure dead set on going NA.... and don't wanna spend4-6 grand(with headwork and all)…. I would shop around for already built motors that guys ran out of money on.

I wanted to go 1441 on my gen one but iam very happy with my 1397 motor. Money plays a big factor to motor builds. Head porting and cams play a big roll in na motors. I have a 1397 and it's 13 to 1 compresson with baby cams and ported head. Makes 200 whp on 110 octane. Bike can make more on different fuel and bigger cams. You need to decide on what you really want to do with the bike. Then build a motor to that. That will help you decide what cams, cam timing, compression, stroker crank, bore size.

I wanted to go 1441 on my gen one but iam very happy with my 1397 motor. Money plays a big factor to motor builds. Head porting and cams play a big roll in na motors. I have a 1397 and it's 13 to 1 compresson with baby cams and ported head. Makes 200 whp on 110 octane. Bike can make more on different fuel and bigger cams. You need to decide on what you really want to do with the bike. Then build a motor to that. That will help you decide what cams, cam timing, compression, stroker crank, bore size.
busakiller is 1000 percent correct.. this stuff gets expensive FAST.... and the head and cams CANNOT be skipped if u want to make more power and torque.... so to the OP..... if you tell the experts here how much money you are willing to spend, they can point you in the right direction, and even the best place to get parts and ADVICE.... advice is a big variable that most uninitiated underestimate... and you are at the greatest place on the net for advice and help.... GREAT group of guys and gals here.

busakiller is 1000 percent correct.. this stuff gets expensive FAST.... and the head and cams CANNOT be skipped if u want to make more power and torque.... so to the OP..... if you tell the experts here how much money you are willing to spend, they can point you in the right direction, and even the best place to get parts and ADVICE.... advice is a big variable that most uninitiated underestimate... and you are at the greatest place on the net for advice and help.... GREAT group of guys and gals here.
Sounds like you have been involved in a few builds ali , what sort of bikes have you hotted up in your history of bikes ? I'm sure there are others interested to know bro . I realize you only recently bought your way into turbo ownership , with your purchase from GNBRETT , obviously this was a great way to enter , but you tend to miss out on the dedication to get things done right , as you do of your own build project . :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sounds like you have been involved in a few builds ali , what sort of bikes have you hotted up in your history of bikes ? I'm sure there are others interested to know bro . I realize you only recently bought your way into turbo ownership , with your purchase from GNBRETT , obviously this was a great way to enter , but you tend to miss out on the dedication to get things done right , as you do of your own build project . :thumbsup:
if I made 200K a year.... no doubt I would do it.... send a bike to frank and have a full build done.... keep in mind.... I come from nothing.... this is my first REAL hot rod..... my mother lives 300 miles away from me.... I don't live with my folks.... haven't since I was 16..... I work ALOT to be able to do the little things I do enjoy..... I just recently bought a little condo... that I bought on a SHORT sale.... for 60K.... in NY... again.... lots and lots of shopping around..... I have lived 16 different places in my life and it just FEELS sooooooooo good to NEVER have to move again.... but to tell the truth im a CAR guy at heart.... but the hot rod car I would wanna build would be 300K.... soooo thats out.... im enjoying tinkering with the turbo bike though... I have my sights set on a new hellcat redeye... but again... I have to make this financially do-able..... my WHOLE LIFE has been a struggle.

if I made 200K a year.... no doubt I would do it.... send a bike to frank and have a full build done.... keep in mind.... I come from nothing.... this is my first REAL hot rod..... my mother lives 300 miles away from me.... I don't live with my folks.... haven't since I was 16..... I work ALOT to be able to do the little things I do enjoy..... I just recently bought a little condo... that I bought on a SHORT sale.... for 60K.... in NY... again.... lots and lots of shopping around..... I have lived 16 different places in my life and it just FEELS sooooooooo good to NEVER have to move again.... but to tell the truth im a CAR guy at heart.... but the hot rod car I would wanna build would be 300K.... soooo thats out.... im enjoying tinkering with the turbo bike though... I have my sights set on a new hellcat redeye... but again... I have to make this financially do-able..... my WHOLE LIFE has been a struggle.
?
So ... you have built motors or not , or have been involved in builds ?
Everyones got a story bro , just wondered about your knowledge on engine builds is all ...

?
So ... you have built motors or not , or have been involved in builds ?
Everyones got a story bro , just wondered about your knowledge on engine builds is all ...
Built my camaro as much as I could... 4.56 gears/cam. street slicks.... I worked at a gas station/ auto shop for the first 20 years of my life... so yeah.... I know a little.... THEN I worked as service manager at Walts Bros auto repair in west spfld MASS... they work on Saab/Volvo/Audi... some BMW stuff..... been around cars all my life..... and started riding when I was 16... I could ride a motorcycle before I could drive a car... first bike was an 82 Kawasaki 440ltd.... but bear in mind... I always lived in apartments.... no house/garage....

Back