Front rotors on my 02 Busa

Bigpopa64

Registered
I noticed while washing my Busa a ring on the rotor was alittle loose my left hand side
So I guess my stupid question is Im going to need new rotors???

20190315_192729.jpg

I noticed while washing my Busa a ring on the rotor was alittle loose my left hand side
So I guess my stupid question is Im going to need new rotors???

View attachment 1595974
The rings ( buttons ) are semi floating ( not fixed ) on the Busa , so they move across when the caliper bites . They are semi , not full floating buttons ( which chatter like example some Brembo or Braketech rotors ) , so there should be only some movement , not real loose though .
How does it compare to the other buttons ?

What is the thickness of the rotor , how much wear are they ? If the rotor is still within thickness , should be okay . Maybe get some CRC brake clean and give each a good squirt and all should have at least a tiny bit of movement by hand test . Really they do start out all stiff by hand test , but all loosen over usage / time .

There is luckily a great selection of aftermarket rotors for Busa , looking at your avatar , Gen 1 be what you are needing and in stainless steel ?
I think @jeffgordons24 scored a nice set of Italian made 'Braking' wave rotors for his Gen 1 , you could contact him about those .
I believe EBC make 2 types , one is full drilled rotor , the other there wave type .
You could check Galfer out , @c10 has had good results from his well tested set .
Brembo do a nice stainless rotor , but full floater , which can be noisy of course , but are real classic beauties .
There are others that lean toward exotic and big $ , but any of the above are solid performers , with good expectation for wear and general longevity .
Your bike certainly looks to be special bro , good luck and really search around once you have had decided on your choice of manufacturer .

Thanks Toad for your advice I really appreciate it I just want something that Im not going to regret buying, I don't want squealing, recreating noise or alot of break dust that will help slow this beast down LOL

If you want performance do consider full floating rotors. Yes they rattle. Yes you need to take them off to properly balance a tire. But I did notice an improved stopping distance and much better stopping in corners. For really great rotors. Cast iron is the way to go. Other than the rust issue

Thanks for your help Johnnie , Im looking at Galfer full floating just trying to find the best price are there any sponsors on the site that sell Galfer rotors? Or other name brand rotors not Ebay knock offs thanks

Back