inner bushing

pdiddy

Registered
I was replacing my fork seals today and noticed the inner and outer bushing were worn, called dealer to buy replacements but they said suzuki doesn't replace them and that you have to buy them with the fork assembly. What has everyone else done, bought whole new forks? And if you just bought the bushings where did you buy them I checked bike bandit and other places with no luck

I was replacing my fork seals today and noticed the inner and outer bushing were worn, called dealer to buy replacements but they said suzuki doesn't replace them and that you have to buy them with the fork assembly. What has everyone else done, bought whole new forks? And if you just bought the bushings where did you buy them I checked bike bandit and other places with no luck
Might want to at least specify what year your bike is.

I actually did google it, and she hasn't been that friendly to me, after numerous searches through video, web and various part houses all of which said their bushings did not fit my model bike ( 08 busa) or that part had to be purchased with the fork assembly.

finally found some @ Motosport however waiting on a return answer from them on what size I need, their site sells the set of four but you have to select the size you want to order :banghead:

Fork bushings in different sizing are available, not knowing the size you need is the problem. And the fact that Racetech and other suspension companies don't offer them is suspect. The next time I have a set of Gen 2 forks apart, I intend on measuring the bushings and figuring out why this is. If anyone has this info, please
post !

Last edited:
Okay, so I looked into this situation, and this is what I found. The bushings you want are NOT available, nobody makes them and nobody will. The reason given is that they never go bad in the first place, and even if they did, they are an oddball size that no one manufactures. So if you wanna, gotta, must have, you are buying an entire outer fork assembly. I would replace the other bushings and put that front end back together.

I’m having a hard time understanding why theres no information in regards to changing the bushings on gen 1 busas. I have the forks apart and saw the outer bushings with one of them with uneven wear, not sure if the wear is enough for me to change them. And while im at it i would like to chnage the inner bushing, but info on that is nowhere. I am sure its serviceable since there are bushings available for it but how do i go about it, and how badly can this damage my chrome tubes if left undone? I’m the preventive maintenance typa guy so i would rather do it now then to have to pay for it later.

D0164E29-3BC6-4CC0-9DFD-ED8678DB5673.jpeg

DCF59CD6-3FC2-49AE-8D97-BEC41EC66A17.jpeg

Back