McIntosh Sleeper Arm

Jugghed

Registered
Hi,

I have a McIntosh sleeper arm. It’s in great condition. Can someone tell me what it’s worth? One person told me they were originally 400 to build. It sounds low to me.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I have a McIntosh sleeper arm. It’s in great condition. Can someone tell me what it’s worth? One person told me they were originally 400 to build. It sounds low to me.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
As @c10 said photos help. I don’t know of anything McIntosh makes being below $1,000. And not very stealth like.
@POWERHOUSE makes a stealth arm as well is it one of theirs?

Hi,

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Well what are your intentions for the arm? Sell, use, fit to current bike Gen 1 or 2, can you provide pictures of arm which will show what you have & its condition. So as asked prior by c10 Pictures?

if you are installing it and want it covered under insurance should bad things happen it is one price.
If it is used and you are telling it it is a different price.
Such is the way of the world

Well what are your intentions for the arm? Sell, use, fit to current bike Gen 1 or 2, can you provide pictures of arm which will show what you have & its condition. So as asked prior by c10 Pictures?

85D86DF8-FF55-45CB-9B08-E588E0DDDDAB.jpeg

It’s just a debate....I was just trying to prove that the arms were more costly to have built vs the cheap ones you see on eBay.

I know their alumi-pro arms can go as high as 2 grand... and have available chain guards/tire hugger….. really really gorgeous stuff.

It’s just a debate....I was just trying to prove that the arms were more costly to have built vs the cheap ones you see on eBay.
It’s actually cheaper to have the stocker modified.
That does look like a stealth arm, I am running an adams which is a modified stock arm too.

The cheapest high quality aftermarket arms are usually by roaring toys or some of the other manufacturers.
Hayabusa Roaring Toyz Custom Extended Stock Width Swingarm +4 Over Stretched 08+ | eBay
Most are over $600.

It’s a close call, the Adams and your arm are nice because it retains much of the stock OE hardware which makes life easier when it comes to replacement parts.

Nice loooking bike!!

4AB6A1F3-2E41-4018-8093-D48865776250.jpeg

3AE3A5A3-8606-4A27-83F1-8AEBCC92D7B5.jpeg

The Stealth arms that were sold by POWERHOUSE were stock arms modified by McIntosh Machining and Fab by Terry McIntosh, who recently retired. Terry made arms and chassis for people like Dave Schultz, John Meyers, Terry Kizer, etc., he was big with drag bikes in my heyday. He is well respected, and made the best arms out there. He only made these arms for us, so if you didn't get it from us, McIntosh didn't make it. I would like to see closer shots, the welding on the side looks suspect, and I have seen knock offs . . .
sharper and closer would be good . . .

Thank you for the information. It came on the bike when I purchased it. The previous owner said it was a McIntosh. I have to dig up some pictures of the arm. I swapped it out with a trac dynamics arm and gave the arm to a friend. I wasn’t a big fan of the look of the arm. Thanks again for the information.

Back