Gen I Stage 2 RCC Turbo & Lifespan Questions

turboftw300

Registered
Hello Busa lovers, I am new to the forum but I’ve reading this forum like 4 years and I love the community of Hayabusa owners. Probably the biggest and most helpful community ever.
Let me introduce myself a bit, first of all English is not my native language so forgive me for any mistakes I’d do. Right now I am riding an ecu flashed FZ-09 since 2016. My dream was GSX-R L7, or any other high tech racing bike. But then I remembered my turbo bike love, when I was younger I always watched Ghostrider vids so yeah I am a big turbo Busa fan.
Okay so here is my problem, I live in middle of Europe and Asia, so I am really far to the Powerhouse and Richard. No chance of me getting there for tuning my bike. We have only one person in my country which builds Turbo Hayabusa’s, Turbo H2’s Methanol Enjection, Air shift, Dynotuning, he looks like he know what he is doing plus he graduated from M.I.T mechanical he is 100 km away from me so I will buy my Stage 2 kit from Frank with gaskets and bovs etc, I guess since he did 550-600 rwhp turbo Hayabusa which is only one or two in my country I guess he can tune it. I really wish I was close to the Powerhouse so real professionals do it, but life is sh*t sometimes. :)
Tune won’t be a problem I think so, so here is the big deal.
1- Will it be reliable after all the tune and everything ? Low psi, I am not looking for huge hps, 280-300 enough for me with stage 2 on genI Busa. People in my country keeps telling me we have only 95 octane in pump you will melt the engine, you will need race fuel highway quality fuel blabla.

2- Do you think 95 octane with good tune will cause problems in the long term ? I live in kinda 3rd world country so our pump fuel is not the same quality with U.S. will it cause any problems ?

3- I can get gen l, because gen ll plus turbo will cost me like 100 k. In my country’s money. We get 2.5-3 k salary, so it is really hard to do one in here. Gen I Busa 30-40 k, plus turbo 6.5K $ which makes another 32 k. :) Bad economy ha ? So yeah I know RCC is the best, even better with Powehouse but understand me guys, I want to spend that 32K which is my 1.5~ year salary for something that can go 50-60 k miles. I am not thinking of topspeeding or standing in the boost really a lot, I am a 2K mile oil changing never redlining type of guy. Only things I do is wheelies. I really look after my bike, do you think gen I RCC stage 2 with best of everything will look after me ?

4- 85 percent of people in my country are against turbo, so if I get one Hayabusa and turbo it that’ll stay with me really long years and miles. And I would pay a little more than 2X Hayabusa Gen I price, do you think gen 1 will do it for me ? Because gen 2 price gets doubled, 50-60k for 2010-2011 not even Brembo ABS ones. They are 70-75 k, so with the stock 2013-2014 Busa money I can get Stage 2 RCC Gen I.

5- Last but not least S1000RR or new R1’s, 2015 models are over 110 K price in here. And they are so expensive to maintanence, part prices are incredible with the money you spend on S1000RR service you can easily maintain turbo Busa. Do you think I will get much much more fun than normal ecuflashed R1’s, S1000RR’s or any other fast modern bike ? I’ll keep the wheelbase stock since I love wheeling a lot. And I don’t drag race or anything.

Thanks a lot for your helps, answers and making emphaty. Sorry it’s been a little long, I just want a reliable turbo bike that’s all, don’t need 450-500 HP. 290-300 and reliable is enough for me. And don’t get me wrong for digging it this much, because it is really high money in this sh*t economy country. Anyways money is earnable, but a boosted bike, that bov sound, that 4th 5th gear popping wheelies. Damn, I can’t wait :lol::popcorn::bowdown:

Welcome to the board. What part in turkey are you from? Iam from germany originally and have been to turkey many times in my life.

Sandow

Maybe to clarify - 1000 US dollars are approx 5200 Liras or 1000 liras are 190 Us dollars.

also- yes economy is absolute bullcr=ap. But at least the government sells cheap vegetables at the moment..:D

Hello Busa lovers, I am new to the forum but I’ve reading this forum like 4 years and I love the community of Hayabusa owners. Probably the biggest and most helpful community ever.
Let me introduce myself a bit, first of all English is not my native language so forgive me for any mistakes I’d do. Right now I am riding an ecu flashed FZ-09 since 2016. My dream was GSX-R L7, or any other high tech racing bike. But then I remembered my turbo bike love, when I was younger I always watched Ghostrider vids so yeah I am a big turbo Busa fan.
Okay so here is my problem, I live in middle of Europe and Asia, so I am really far to the Powerhouse and Richard. No chance of me getting there for tuning my bike. We have only one person in my country which builds Turbo Hayabusa’s, Turbo H2’s Methanol Enjection, Air shift, Dynotuning, he looks like he know what he is doing plus he graduated from M.I.T mechanical he is 100 km away from me so I will buy my Stage 2 kit from Frank with gaskets and bovs etc, I guess since he did 550-600 rwhp turbo Hayabusa which is only one or two in my country I guess he can tune it. I really wish I was close to the Powerhouse so real professionals do it, but life is sh*t sometimes. :)
Tune won’t be a problem I think so, so here is the big deal.
1- Will it be reliable after all the tune and everything ? Low psi, I am not looking for huge hps, 280-300 enough for me with stage 2 on genI Busa. People in my country keeps telling me we have only 95 octane in pump you will melt the engine, you will need race fuel highway quality fuel blabla.

2- Do you think 95 octane with good tune will cause problems in the long term ? I live in kinda 3rd world country so our pump fuel is not the same quality with U.S. will it cause any problems ?

3- I can get gen l, because gen ll plus turbo will cost me like 100 k. In my country’s money. We get 2.5-3 k salary, so it is really hard to do one in here. Gen I Busa 30-40 k, plus turbo 6.5K $ which makes another 32 k. :) Bad economy ha ? So yeah I know RCC is the best, even better with Powehouse but understand me guys, I want to spend that 32K which is my 1.5~ year salary for something that can go 50-60 k miles. I am not thinking of topspeeding or standing in the boost really a lot, I am a 2K mile oil changing never redlining type of guy. Only things I do is wheelies. I really look after my bike, do you think gen I RCC stage 2 with best of everything will look after me ?

4- 85 percent of people in my country are against turbo, so if I get one Hayabusa and turbo it that’ll stay with me really long years and miles. And I would pay a little more than 2X Hayabusa Gen I price, do you think gen 1 will do it for me ? Because gen 2 price gets doubled, 50-60k for 2010-2011 not even Brembo ABS ones. They are 70-75 k, so with the stock 2013-2014 Busa money I can get Stage 2 RCC Gen I.

5- Last but not least S1000RR or new R1’s, 2015 models are over 110 K price in here. And they are so expensive to maintanence, part prices are incredible with the money you spend on S1000RR service you can easily maintain turbo Busa. Do you think I will get much much more fun than normal ecuflashed R1’s, S1000RR’s or any other fast modern bike ? I’ll keep the wheelbase stock since I love wheeling a lot. And I don’t drag race or anything.

Thanks a lot for your helps, answers and making emphaty. Sorry it’s been a little long, I just want a reliable turbo bike that’s all, don’t need 450-500 HP. 290-300 and reliable is enough for me. And don’t get me wrong for digging it this much, because it is really high money in this sh*t economy country. Anyways money is earnable, but a boosted bike, that bov sound, that 4th 5th gear popping wheelies. Damn, I can’t wait :lol::popcorn::bowdown:
1st off what is your riding experience & what have you ridden? The gen 1 is a better choice to turbo or build motor. Think about this do you really need a turbo? You can wheelie all day with a 43 tooth rear sprocket change on gen1. Mail the ECU to the US for Powerhouse to flash for better performance & then buy a few upgrade parts when $ allows. These bikes can be made to be very fast without a turbo kit. If set on turbo price a used one that is already done & set up ready to go.

Welcome to the board. What part in turkey are you from? Iam from germany originally and have been to turkey many times in my life.

Sandow

Maybe to clarify - 1000 US dollars are approx 5200 Liras or 1000 liras are 190 Us dollars.

also- yes economy is absolute bullcr=ap. But at least the government sells cheap vegetables at the moment..:D

Thank you :) I am from Bursa, HayaBursa haha. My dream country is Germany, tracks are cheap bikes are cheap, autobahn is amazing no speed limit. Good place to live. Haha yeah, at least vegetables are cheap I wish that government sells cheap fuel and bikes too haha. Seriously thinking of it because in this economy, you gotta be rich for riding S1000RR or any high model supersport bike. That’s why I opted for Busa. Plus they are solid as rock, undestructable, old is the best

1st off what is your riding experience & what have you ridden? The gen 1 is a better choice to turbo or build motor. Think about this do you really need a turbo? You can wheelie all day with a 43 tooth rear sprocket change on gen1. Mail the ECU to the US for Powerhouse to flash for better performance & then buy a few upgrade parts when $ allows. These bikes can be made to be very fast without a turbo kit. If set on turbo price a used one that is already done & set up ready to go.

3.5 years with 1000CC and 900cc bikes, also I ride a 2 stroke Kawasaki MX bike 48 HP 90 kg. Throttle response on that thing is unbeliavably sharp, flipped it once in 4th gear lol :D Riding that motocross for 8-9 months. I am not a pro rider, but not a noob either. I know 280-290 HP Busa is not a joke, but I believe my throttle hand and I ride safe without taking risks.

Frank built a turbo busa years ago and it has been raced and wot a lot and the owner says it hasn't given him one problem. So if it's built right and tuned right it should last you a long time.

I had a gen 1 stage 1 Mr turbo busa. It had 60000 miles on it and had been turbo since it was 6 months old. It had 3 owners and was on the same tune from when it was first built. The owner I bought it from rode all across the US and said it never gave him a problem.

These motors are very strong and can handle alot. Whate very you do buy just keep it shiny side up

Thank you :) I am from Bursa, HayaBursa haha. My dream country is Germany, tracks are cheap bikes are cheap, autobahn is amazing no speed limit. Good place to live. Haha yeah, at least vegetables are cheap I wish that government sells cheap fuel and bikes too haha. Seriously thinking of it because in this economy, you gotta be rich for riding S1000RR or any high model supersport bike. That’s why I opted for Busa. Plus they are solid as rock, undestructable, old is the best

You are right about the tracks and the autobahn. But in terms of prices- A new 1000rr costs about 22-25000 euros fully loaded. The average salary for a single person is between 2-3 000 euros a month.
These bikes are incredible expensive- not to mention parts etc. Even busas range new between 12 and 14000.
I bought my 2008 busa new in 2009 and paid 16 000 euros.
Never go new on a bike- its crazy. Then the insurance makes you go to your dealer for the first 2 years so the warranty doesnt expire. each maintenance appointment (every 5000 km) is about 400-500 euros. plus tires if you need new ones. The numbers of people who drive motorcycles in germany are declining for years because young people cant affort that anymore. (Have i mentioned the lincese which costs you 3000 euros and is mandatory in germany:-)
Its not all that great. But yes, compared to turkey we are doing well and our economy is very healthy!

To be honest - I would not spend so much money on a bike with turbo if i would be in your situation. Its just nuts to put a 2 year salary in a motorcycle which is "only" a hobby. But of course thats my opinion!
i own a busa and a zx14 at the moment and even tho i could easily afford a turbo i probably wont.. (my wife would kill me haha...but the idea is tempting)

3.5 years with 1000CC and 900cc bikes, also I ride a 2 stroke Kawasaki MX bike 48 HP 90 kg. Throttle response on that thing is unbeliavably sharp, flipped it once in 4th gear lol :D Riding that motocross for 8-9 months. I am not a pro rider, but not a noob either. I know 280-290 HP Busa is not a joke, but I believe my throttle hand and I ride safe without taking risks.
Good luck either way but I think the turbo is a waste of $ at this point for this situation.

Frank built a turbo busa years ago and it has been raced and wot a lot and the owner says it hasn't given him one problem. So if it's built right and tuned right it should last you a long time.

I had a gen 1 stage 1 Mr turbo busa. It had 60000 miles on it and had been turbo since it was 6 months old. It had 3 owners and was on the same tune from when it was first built. The owner I bought it from rode all across the US and said it never gave him a problem.

These motors are very strong and can handle alot. Whate very you do buy just keep it shiny side up

Thanks a lot for answering the questions in my mind about reliability, that’s what I wanted to hear. Nice to know that there is high mileage turbo Busa’s without problems.

You are right about the tracks and the autobahn. But in terms of prices- A new 1000rr costs about 22-25000 euros fully loaded. The average salary for a single person is between 2-3 000 euros a month.
These bikes are incredible expensive- not to mention parts etc. Even busas range new between 12 and 14000.
I bought my 2008 busa new in 2009 and paid 16 000 euros.
Never go new on a bike- its crazy. Then the insurance makes you go to your dealer for the first 2 years so the warranty doesnt expire. each maintenance appointment (every 5000 km) is about 400-500 euros. plus tires if you need new ones. The numbers of people who drive motorcycles in germany are declining for years because young people cant affort that anymore. (Have i mentioned the lincese which costs you 3000 euros and is mandatory in germany:-)
Its not all that great. But yes, compared to turkey we are doing well and our economy is very healthy!

To be honest - I would not spend so much money on a bike with turbo if i would be in your situation. Its just nuts to put a 2 year salary in a motorcycle which is "only" a hobby. But of course thats my opinion!
i own a busa and a zx14 at the moment and even tho i could easily afford a turbo i probably wont.. (my wife would kill me haha...but the idea is tempting)

Wow, license is so expensive that’s 3/1 price of my MT-09 lol. Well yeah, from our objective it looks really easy to buy new motorcycles in Europe, especially in Germany; home of the BMW. But sad to hear that those bikes are hard to have and maintain in there. I guess you are right, I don’t have a wife but my mom will kill me hearing that I spend 7000$ on modification. She will kill me faster than 300whp Busa haha. Idea of having a turbo is really tempting, it’s all because of Ghostrider :) I guess first I need to be little rich or crazy enough to have turbo Busa in Turkey. But I would like to show you Bursa if you come here ever, thanks a lot for answers. I’ll probably get a normal Busa and move from there, have fun with it ecu flashed, need to push it to limits and then I will rethink about turbo. I know cheap and turbo don’t go together, need to build it once and complete.

Good luck either way but I think the turbo is a waste of $ at this point for this situation.

Thanks will think about it again

Thanks a lot for answering the questions in my mind about reliability, that’s what I wanted to hear. Nice to know that there is high mileage turbo Busa’s without problems.

Wow, license is so expensive that’s 3/1 price of my MT-09 lol. Well yeah, from our objective it looks really easy to buy new motorcycles in Europe, especially in Germany; home of the BMW. But sad to hear that those bikes are hard to have and maintain in there. I guess you are right, I don’t have a wife but my mom will kill me hearing that I spend 7000$ on modification. She will kill me faster than 300whp Busa haha. Idea of having a turbo is really tempting, it’s all because of Ghostrider :) I guess first I need to be little rich or crazy enough to have turbo Busa in Turkey. But I would like to show you Bursa if you come here ever, thanks a lot for answers. I’ll probably get a normal Busa and move from there, have fun with it ecu flashed, need to push it to limits and then I will rethink about turbo. I know cheap and turbo don’t go together, need to build it once and complete.

Thanks will think about it again
I have been thinking about turbo lately but but still have not maxed out bird's full potential yet, i am close though. Maybe in a few years or maybe not? Don't really need it already stupid fast. Flash dyno & power commander 5 then think i will be done. Seriously on the street 160hp & up is alot 2 stroke 500ci super bikes had that. The idea of more power in anything is intoxicating but may bring other problems or be unuseable with stock swingarm on public roads. Stretched arm 1k, drag shock $600-1k, longer brake lines $100 + up, upgrade trans gears, cut & output shaft, fuelling lines,rail, injectors, pump & electronics adds up fast. When you get done you may end up with something that doesn't work as well as before.

Too bad - a turbo Busa is the ultimate bike you can own. There is nothing out there - new or old, two wheels or four - that will compete with a properly built and tuned turbo. As far as reliability is concerned, you'll be changing the oil and checking the chain a little more often, but that is about it. There are plenty of riders on this forum who can attest to the reliability and YEARS of fun with no problems at all. My own Ultra street bike is at 600 rear wheel, it's been that way for 15 years already. Love that bike, and don't need anything else!

Too bad - a turbo Busa is the ultimate bike you can own. There is nothing out there - new or old, two wheels or four - that will compete with a properly built and tuned turbo. As far as reliability is concerned, you'll be changing the oil and checking the chain a little more often, but that is about it. There are plenty of riders on this forum who can attest to the reliability and YEARS of fun with no problems at all. My own Ultra street bike is at 600 rear wheel, it's been that way for 15 years already. Love that bike, and don't need anything else!

Thanks a lot for answer, nice to hear from someone so experienced with turbos. 95 octane will make any problems ? On Stage 1 tuned good RCC turbo ? Gen I, I gues Gen I’s can get 270-280 whp stock without problem, since it is low compression. With low psi I shouldn’t have a problem I guess. And watercooler is a must for stage 1 ? Or headgasket base spacer ?

You can install the RCC Stage 1 system on a Gen 1 without going into the motor at all. You should expect it to make anywhere from 260-275 rear wheel (SAE) at 8 pounds of boost on pump fuel, at least 93 octane. You don't need any kind of intercooling at that level, but a water/meth injection setup is recommended if you intend on holding it wide open throttle for several miles. No base spacer necessary!

You can install the RCC Stage 1 system on a Gen 1 without going into the motor at all. You should expect it to make anywhere from 260-275 rear wheel (SAE) at 8 pounds of boost on pump fuel, at least 93 octane. You don't need any kind of intercooling at that level, but a water/meth injection setup is recommended if you intend on holding it wide open throttle for several miles. No base spacer necessary!

Then I should do stage 1 without watercooling I don’t and won’t stay on boost for more than 20-30 second. On and of throttle, and I usually ride below 8 k rpm for 5 min, and openning throttle above 8k rpm like 20-25 sec and then go for below 8k. I like the turbo spool, I am not a roller or topspeed crazy guy, I just wheelie from time to time, and love the turbo spool. I will sell my FZ-09, and get a Gen 1 busa. After that I will buy RCC Stage 1 from you. Can you ship international when I transfer to your bank account ? Unfortunately I am not in U.S

Last edited:
Absolutely no problem, we ship parts and kits internationally all the time. There is only one thing more I would recommend if you are going to wheelie the :moon: out of that bike, and that is a low profile pan with the type of "swing" pickup that will go to the back of the oil pan when you stand it up. It will ensure that motor has oil all the time. We keep these in stock . . . lmk when you are ready.

Back