WARNING: Buying parts online

wdonovan

Registered
Made the mistake of trying to buy from a company Sumo Moto Parts (Sumo Brakes, Sumo) through Amazon. I ordered a “complete set of gaskets” for my bike engine. They arrived in a priority mail box flattened into a large envelope. When I took out the blister packaged set, it had bubble wrap taped over a large hole. I contacted the buyer and asked for a parts list so I could physically count the gasket, seals and o-rings. Here’s how it worked… over 20 emails later they are just playing games. They have rescinded everything they said they would do and the punchline is that they tricked me into paying return shipping, saying they would reimburse… and… they are stealing $40 as a “restocking fee.” Please consider this treatment before you buy from them. It has been a month of aggravation and its not over yet. I am trying to find out how to file a complaint with Amazon and they are not easy people to deal with.

Me 1/15:
I emailed you last week that the package had been opened and bubble wrap taped over the opening. I need to know exactly what items are supposed to be in this set so I can do a physical check. I have pictures of the packaging as it was received.

Sumo Brakes 1/16:
We have ship you exactly what you have purchsed!

Me 1/16:
Please look at these pictures. The set was opened and taped. I need to know what is supposed to be in this set… clear possibility that it is incomplete.

Sumo Brakes 1/17:
You have received a complete Gasket! Nothing is missing! The gasket is brand new!!

Me 1/17:
Stop side stepping my question. LOOK at the pictures I sent with my last email…

Sumo Brakes 1/18:
Would you like to return for a refund or an exchange?

Me 1/22:
I need the set replaced with one that has not been opened. Are you going to send me an electronic shipping label?

Sumo Brakes 1/22:
Dear Customer,
Please open package. If some part is missing let us know.
As we told you before, package is brand new!
Thanks, Michelle

Me 1/22:
STOP PLAYING GAMES. I have asked repeatedly for a list of parts that belong in this kit…

Sumo Brakes 1/22:
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your email.
You can send it back for an exchange:
Sumo Amazon – RETURNS…

Me 1/22:
Gladly. Will you send me a prepaid shipping label to <email address> or would you prefer to credit my original credit card for the return shipping…

Sumo Brakes 1/23:
TO RECEIVE A REFUND OF THE SHIPPING BACK COST: Send the item with First class & or Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope. We will not refund any other Postal Service.

Me 1/30:
Package was sent. According to PO you will have received it yesterday. Please replace with same part number of unopened gasket set. Also please credit my card for return shipping as per our agreement.

Sumo Brakes 1/31:
Please provide tracking number of the return.
Thanks, Michelle

Me 1/31:
Unbelievable. You signed for this package THREE DAYS AGO. Attached is a copy of the tracking.

Sumo Brakes 2/1:
Please provide tracking number of the return. Please!
Thanks, Michelle

Me 2/1:
Did you bother to read the email I sent yesterday where I said "Attached is a copy of the tracking?" …
OK Do you think you can move ahead with this finally? It has been 14 emails to get this resolved and I am not any closer than at the beginning.

Sumo Brakes 2/4:
Please explain shortly why you have returned the package.
Thanks, Michelle

Me 2/4:
Gladly. I have included below the entire collection of
emails which explain the reason for the return and your complete refusal to do
anything but play games to avoid resolving this issue.
(I attached the unabridged collection of emails)

Me 2/4:
You have 24 hours to send me a tracking number on a
replacement. Sick of your games tomorrow if I don’t see this in my email I will
take action a lot of action

Sumo Brakes 2/5:
We can offer you a refund - 20% restocking fee. Please confirm.
Thanks, Michelle

Opened gasket set 02.JPG

Opened gasket set 03.JPG

Purchases over amazon are protected well. Even better than ebay. Contact amazon about this issue, and send it back. No need for that whole drama!

I am trying to find out how to file a complaint with Amazon and they are not easy people to deal with.
-----just contact amazon. Whats the issue?

When you reflect on this purchase, I hope you realize that the time and effort put in did not justify whatever discount those Chinese parts got you. ALWAYS purchase from established vendors, and I would encourage you to purchase from the sponsors on this site. We are always here, we sell only OEM and the best replacement parts - parts we use on our own and our customer's bikes. We are here to answer your questions, and provide technical assistance when needed. The sponsors on this site are enthusiasts - we ride, we race, we build. We know what goes where and why! And our reputations mean something to us. FYI !

Thanks for the warning wdonovan. Never heard of that company but Amazon has always treated me nicely. BTW, for everyone that thinks everything from China is crap, those of us old enough to have heard the same thing about Japanese stuff have to snicker a bit. It will take time but eventually (some stuff right now) but everything from China will be just as good as everything from Japan.

Same experience buying from a third-party vendor on Walmart. Emailing them didn't do anything, but once I called their number I found online, I was able to get a full refund. Ended up buying a used OEM part off ebay for less.

What did you think you needed that was missing. You took a chance buying a kit you didn’t know what was in it when you started if you wanted a list should of asked before you bought it. I would assume the package was just sealed crappy because it’s a unknown company. I’m surprised the response wasent it’s a complete set can’t you read the box. Lol

I kinda hear where your coming from you did spend $200.00. But I would of found out what was missing and ask them to replace whatever that might of been.

Thanks for the warning wdonovan. Never heard of that company but Amazon has always treated me nicely. BTW, for everyone that thinks everything from China is crap, those of us old enough to have heard the same thing about Japanese stuff have to snicker a bit. It will take time but eventually (some stuff right now) but everything from China will be just as good as everything from Japan.

the only difference these days is that we have ways to purchase stuff directly from china instead of buying it from a local store or dealer "made in china" and pay 10 times the cost!

the only difference these days is that we have ways to purchase stuff directly from china instead of buying it from a local store or dealer "made in china" and pay 10 times the cost!
REALLY?????????????? buying from sponsors here... they actually answer the phone PLUS it keeps this forum healthy.

REALLY?????????????? buying from sponsors here... they actually answer the phone PLUS it keeps this forum healthy.

I wasn't talking about the sponsors here. I was replying to CBX.
Whats your problem man....learn to read or get a life lol

True enough. I recently bought a radiator protector for my new Z9 that was made in China and shipped from there, from an unknown company, but it was shown and advertised as being identical in every way to the Evotech guard, powder coated aluminum and fit perfectly, for almost $70 less, no foolin!

True enough. I recently bought a radiator protector for my new Z9 that was made in China and shipped from there, from an unknown company, but it was shown and advertised as being identical in every way to the Evotech guard, powder coated aluminum and fit perfectly, for almost $70 less, no foolin!

I believe you. I ususally go for little things (cheap stuff, accesories, stickers whatever on ebay or amazon and order it cheap straight from china.) If i need anything which has to be "quality" I usually go to stores in my city or order it for a bit more money and the fitting service with it!
I think its depending ON WHAT IT IS... just my opinion!

And also- lots of times- if something is unbranded it is absolutely identical to the branded item. Just way cheaper(like in your case.).Some apps or online stores even give you the option if you want a product branded or unbranded...!

Everything is mostly made in china , but with your motorcycle , you have a choice , either buy quality from oem factory or from a reputable aftermarket company that's earnt a good name , or buy cheap nasty trash that is also obviously available . Even if china starts making exceptional quality motorcycle products , I will still stick to the Suzuki factory components and the well known US and European company products I know and trust first . Keep buying these cheap parts and bits all you want , but don't expect sympathy from me when you are hit with some trouble through your decision .

Everything is mostly made in china , but with your motorcycle , you have a choice , either buy quality from oem factory or from a reputable aftermarket company that's earnt a good name , or buy cheap nasty trash that is also obviously available . Even if china starts making exceptional quality motorcycle products , I will still stick to the Suzuki factory components and the well known US and European company products I know and trust first . Keep buying these cheap parts and bits all you want , but don't expect sympathy from me when you are hit with some trouble through your decision .
wow.... WOW toad.... WOW.... I was wondering if u had it in ya.... u actually took a stand...… BRAVO.... im surprised and proud of u.... this was borderline confrontational....lol... we love u toad.

Back