What is your profession ?

c10

Registered
I find it interesting what other people do for a living. One show watched back when I had a TV was dirty jobs with Mike Rowe.
21 years as a fire alarm tech so far.
Different place everyday, new people, and work alone 95% of the time. Drive about 40 to 55 k a year around Houston Texas. Let's see what you guys do. Random pictures of my work.
1st photo before / 2nd after /3rd a lightning strike took out this module creating a short on the SLC line. Work in some unique, and dangerous locations. Find water damaged smoke heads in hotels.

DSC_1493.JPG

DSC_1502.JPG

DSC_2443.JPG

DSC_0785.JPG

DSC_0756.JPG

DSC_1511.JPG

DSC_1515.JPG

I work at a college. My main task is to make class materials accessible to students with disabilities. It sounds a little generic but I each student has unique needs so I might have to do two or three different things with one text to meet everyone's needs. I spend a lot of time behind a computer screen but it pays the bills and keeps me out of trouble, for the most part.

I started my life as a Cisco certified networking associate (CCNA) moving in to get my CCNP (Networking Professional) I used to install large scale networks in corporate buildings.
I got bored and started a Managed Services business (Handles phone,internet,cctv and access control) until the recession and companies cut back.
Got into the Automotive diagnostics field and after 3 years as a diagnostician I was offered a job as an Operations Manager at a large scale fleet maintenance and repair facility. I now am Director of Operations and I oversee the Operations of 3 shops across the island.
We handle large fleets such as Long Island Rail Road, and Lufthansa Service Group Sky Chefs (yes their parent company is Lufthansa). They cater to many of the large airlines.
Lots of stress at my job lol. The oRg is my sanity!

3AB639FF-2E4B-4C84-8535-A7802C04645A.jpeg

C1B3B642-C6F9-46AC-8CC1-5CCB14A1D52B.jpeg

49E92930-37B9-4EE3-9BD2-3F15F9BC40E1.jpeg

9F15BCB3-4048-40C2-9319-B4FFA561AC8E.jpeg

Back