Gen 1 vs. Gen 2

2019 model is any prior model you can get a hold of & change up how you like. Happy New Year it feels just like 2018 model dejavu. Sorry.
Have to make your gen 3 this is what mine looks like.

9A17161B-17B1-43DE-A82C-492CBEF7B559.jpeg

Desired use, personal preference and budget are key determining factors in choosing any vehicle or motorcycle.

There are significant differences between the gen I and gen II Busa. For me, chief among is the increased engine displacement of the gen II over the gen I.

Here is website with a side by side comparison; click here. The most important specs are compared.

Knew I would love a Hayabusa. So I started with a budget of $4500 for a gen I, now saving for a $5000 gen II when gen III is released. One will become a dedicated track day bike.

We hopefully will know more about the gen III from the Tokyo Show 3/2019 ! Until then, your guess is as good as anyone's.

Additions:
Can you give me some of hard limitations of keeping the bike on the standard swing arm. I want to keep the bike looking mostly stock. Except for showing off the turbo equipment...
I would consider lowering the bike for performance considerations and for easier handeling for me personally. 5’7” 140.
You can stick with the stock arm and keep it a stage one and be dead reliable. I had stage one for years and beat in it good, and bike was solid.

Gen 1 has lower comp than a gen 2. Both are great but the cost of the gen 1 is less, plus you then turbo it and get same power. obviously it be cheaper that route.

I’ve upgraded since though, power wise. I have a gen 1.

there Is no such thing as too much horsepower. Well OK 700 does seem like a lot. But it won't be too much for long. If a flying mile gets too slow. There is always Bonneville :)
I am sure my stock motor will not stay that way long. A flash I is a given. A stage one is sounding much easier than a big motor build :)
Try to think how much power you really want to end up with and talk to your selected builder about how best to get there. Hopefully with out buying some of the same things twice
These guys know their stuff. I am sure they can guide you wisely in the pursuit of speed
Remember
It is not money It is payments. :)

A friend of mine just bought a gen 1 to turbo. He ordered a rcc stage 1 turbo kit. Hope to see it on the streets tearing the asphalt up this spring. He went gen 1 as bike was cheaper and can make more power on pump gas then the gen 2. I will make a thread on the bike once the kit shows up and I start installing it.

there Is no such thing as too much horsepower. Well OK 700 does seem like a lot. But it won't be too much for long. If a flying mile gets too slow. There is always Bonneville :)
I am sure my stock motor will not stay that way long. A flash I is a given. A stage one is sounding much easier than a big motor build :)
Try to think how much power you really want to end up with and talk to your selected builder about how best to get there. Hopefully with out buying some of the same things twice
These guys know their stuff. I am sure they can guide you wisely in the pursuit of speed
Remember
It is not money It is payments. :)
2E64B232-0348-4C8F-9952-CE3A1454473A.jpeg

DC268985-6A43-4E3B-BD10-61583900F4F9.jpeg

700hp is just touching being competitive in the grudge world. This will make a lot more then that.

My goodness. Just touching grudge racing? Approximately what sort of times will a grudge bike turn. I know they don't post them. But you must have some sort of rough idea. Low 7's? High 6's?

Why the long dump pipe Rob?

With a cut rail bike you sit on top of the engine which puts your right foot right in front of the dump pumps. When you’re pre staging you’re shooting flames right at your foot. Not fun when the nitrous bike in the next lane is trying to burn you down at the line.

My goodness. Just touching grudge racing? Approximately what sort of times will a grudge bike turn. I know they don't post them. But you must have some sort of rough idea. Low 7's? High 6's?

Pro street class bikes are running high 6’s right now. Grudge racing has absolutely no rules. We go a LOT faster.

Man oh man. I have got to get to one of these tracks doing these times. !!! I thought the nitro (ahem) Harley's were fast. You guys must be as fast or faster. Times have certainly moved on since my days long ago

With a cut rail bike you sit on top of the engine which puts your right foot right in front of the dump pumps. When you’re pre staging you’re shooting flames right at your foot. Not fun when the nitrous bike in the next lane is trying to burn you down at the line.

Pro street class bikes are running high 6’s right now. Grudge racing has absolutely no rules. We go a LOT faster.
That makes sense.

Man oh man. I have got to get to one of these tracks doing these times. !!! I thought the nitro (ahem) Harley's were fast. You guys must be as fast or faster. Times have certainly moved on since my days long ago
Progress JP, it's inevitable. Some of these big time grudge bikes have essentially unlimited budgets. They won't run with clocks, but if you have any track experience at all, it's obvious that they're hauling ass....

Progress JP, it's inevitable. Some of these big time grudge bikes have essentially unlimited budgets. They won't run with clocks, but if you have any track experience at all, it's obvious that they're hauling ass....

It’s actually cheaper to go fast In grudge racing. No rules, so you can’t be as light, long , and low as you’d like. Built motor with a ton of nitrous and a solid clutch set up is pretty cheap.

It’s actually cheaper to go fast In grudge racing. No rules, so you can’t be as light, long , and low as you’d like. Built motor with a ton of nitrous and a solid clutch set up is pretty cheap.
But, along that line of reasoning, how quick are you willing to say a competitive grudge bike is? Not asking you to divulge secrets, ballpark numbers are fine.

Couple more questions. Are we talking a full 1/4 miles race or are they doing 1,000 ft too. Also wondering if it's all skilled set up and pilot's ability
Or
do they do all the launch control electronic box stuff like a lot of the car guys do. Man I hate that stuff. You could almost drive them from the stands.
Is there a web site to see where they race

But, along that line of reasoning, how quick are you willing to say a competitive grudge bike is? Not asking you to divulge secrets, ballpark numbers are fine.

I’ll put it to you like this. The fastest guy in pro street right now is 6.5x at almost 220mph.

So figure with a grudge bike, at almost twice the wheelbase of prostreet, lighter, lower, better tire, you can draw conclusions from that.

Couple more questions. Are we talking a full 1/4 miles race or are they doing 1,000 ft too. Also wondering if it's all skilled set up and pilot's ability
Or
do they do all the launch control electronic box stuff like a lot of the car guys do. Man I hate that stuff. You could almost drive them from the stands.
Is there a web site to see where they race

Most grudge racing here in the south is 1/8 mile at little backwoods tracks.

The bike I pictured has a FuelTech FT600 ecu. So yeah it’s got a 2step to build boost. It also does all the fueling, ignition, boost control along with traction and wheelie control. But the real magic is with the clutch. Full slider. It’s almost like getting rid of a conventional hand clutch a puting a torque converter in it. Won’t even have a clutch handle. Basically you set your stall speed and then once you pass that, you’d better be holding on.

Back