Who went to the gym today?

Slowstang305

Registered
Someone tried but only made it as far as the parking lot. LOL

IMG_7732.jpeg

My job is a gym ;) 28 to 35 lb tool belt , 10 to 35 lb ladder walking , and climbing 10,750 steps avg .
Come home , and do a little playing in the garage . Only 142 on the bar , and birthday suit weigh in this morning 145 down from 148 . Made this video for my boy in Florida PFC in the Marines . He calls me old man dad .

I worked for a major soft drink company for almost 4 years. Delivery, to convenience stores and filling drink machines.
You haven't lived until you've hand- trucked 400lbs of 2 liters(10 cases, 8 each, one hand truck load) 4 city blocks, uphill, then up a couple dozen steps..in All weather.
Then stack them, and repeat about a dozen times. Typical 10-15 stops, 600+ cases a day of multiple sizes and weights 10-12 hour average day.
Of all the ditch digging, wood stacking, bust ass work I've done and seen, nobody thinks the pepsi and coke guys work hard, and I didn't either...for a minute.
I was in the best shape of my life, and got 3 bulging discs from it to prove it, lol.
Now days, I do light weight workouts that my joints like.

The gym is my other passion apart from motorcycles I go to the gym 4 days a week been working out with weights for about 35 years now :( but now I am getting older seriously been thinking about training only 3 days a week I think it should be enough for me just to maintain some muscle yep the gym my second home sixpack I have trained at home for awhile but prefer the gym for motivation and no distractions :thumbsup:

I heard the water guys got it worse with the 5 gallon bottles . My neighbor did beer for a long time then went to ozarka . He did it two years with 3 injures I can remember . Hung that up , and went Milk delivery

Water and beer guys have it easy here.
Water trucks are small and easy to find close parking.
Beer guys don't have many different package sizes, and just drop it and go, they don't have to stock the cooler too like the drink guys do...and the beer guys usually drop their stacks in the middle of the cooler, in everyone else's way.
I enjoyed the job, but it eventually broke me

The gym is my other passion apart from motorcycles I go to the gym 4 days a week been working out with weights for about 35 years now :( but now I am getting older seriously been thinking about training only 3 days a week I think it should be enough for me just to maintain some muscle yep the gym my second home sixpack I have trained at home for awhile but prefer the gym for motivation and no distractions :thumbsup:

I started working out at home around 13, and started slowly collecting equipment.
At 18 started going to a public gym.
By 30, I had grown tired of the public, and had amassed a nice set-up at home.
I continue to enjoy my peaceful basement gym at 41.:beerchug:

I passed the gym on the way to work today if that counts.

I have been saying time and time again that I want to go to the gym, or at least get into some sort of excercise routine at home. I am up 10lbs this year from 140 to 150 now. My 28 waist paints are getting a little snug and I am not looking for a wardrobe change.

Water and beer guys have it easy here.
Water trucks are small and easy to find close parking.
Beer guys don't have many different package sizes, and just drop it and go, they don't have to stock the cooler too like the drink guys do...and the beer guys usually drop their stacks in the middle of the cooler, in everyone else's way.
I enjoyed the job, but it eventually broke me
Was this pre “screwed up” back or post?........... or it was that job that screwed up your back and the reason you tried a million bar setups and a b-king looking for comfort?

The company I work for looks out for us in some ways. In our main offices around the country, including where I work, we have a fully stocked gyms, PT's, and remedial massage staff. They support us to go during office hours. Cardio at 06:30 and weights at 15:00 4-5 days a week for me

I passed the gym on the way to work today if that counts.

I have been saying time and time again that I want to go to the gym, or at least get into some sort of excercise routine at home. I am up 10lbs this year from 140 to 150 now. My 28 waist paints are getting a little snug and I am not looking for a wardrobe change.

That waist is diet more than exercise(you're gettin old young man, lol)
Was this pre “screwed up” back or post?........... or it was that job that screwed up your back and the reason you tried a million bar setups and a b-king looking for comfort?

Yes sir, that is the one that screwed my back up.
I had a previous upper back injury from MX.
But this lower back injury was the one that caused me so many problems, including all the bar changes.

We don't have that bar around here called "Gym" hopefully we get one but doubt if I could go 7 days a week...LOL

Seriously though, I used to almost live in a gym working out 2-3 hrs (including cardio) 6 days a week and when I was training to compete is was much more. I have a gym in my basement too and use it periodically but these days with all the snow, I am too beat to lift a weight.

Lets see what you guys have set up at home.
Here's mine.
I have marked links on the chains for the rings, that way I can quickly hang them up/take them down to use.
My headache bag needs a new air bladder, but also moves out of the way quickly, lift the weight off the floor and take the loop off the hook and it's down.
I bought the Bowflex Revolution in 09, and their dumbells in 2015(they are awesome).
The bar on the ceiling isn't a regular pullup bar(I have one of those somewhere else).
My Dad made the bar pictured and it spins freely(notice the bearing on each end). Since the bar can spin, it makes it Much harder to hold on, really helping grip strength.
He saw it on the "Hang for 100 seconds win $100" challenge, and I ask him to make me something cheap...and it'll work you!

20190106_153912.jpg

20190106_153627.jpg

20190106_154029.jpg

20190110_215810.jpg

......you've got me beat, by a long shot. I have a universal, some dumb bells, an elliptical, step and 50lb sand bag, tread mill and a 200lb heavy bag (in the garage).

Well done on your set up.

Back