Ride pics thread.........

Rally season

20190125_192629.jpg

Aaaahh, Woodstock . . .
1548417921048.png

1548417372654.png

A great rally, been there many times, always good weather, great ride, good people, good times!
A few years ago (maybe 10 years) late at night there was naked girl dancers with poles of fire at each end spinning and swirling around . . pretty far out. and so was I at the time lol.
Earlier the same day there was a mock battle staged between a tank ( owned by a local West Coast farmer) and a group of 'Arab terrorists', the 'Arabs' , all dressed in long flowing white gowns and Arab head gear, came hooning into the rally site/camping area in an old '70's Mercedes sedan and jumped out firing machine guns and Ak47s (blanks obviously) at the tank, then the tank let off a couple of rounds, (staged but looked frickin' awesome) and blew up the Merc, a loud boom and huge fireball went up from the Merc, the Merc was actually full on burning and the terrorists ran off firing their guns in the air and screaming the obligatory "Allah Akbar!!" . . . it was the best entertainment I've ever seen at a Rally, or anywhere for that matter!
Yeah, that was the best Rally I've ever been to, and I've been to over a hundred.
So have fun there Cantab, hope the weather holds out for you all and ride safe bro.
Next up is the Vincent County Rall at Alexandra, Feb 1st, you going?

VCR campsite
1548417719989.png

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like some crazy wild memories of really fantastic times @Kiwi Rider bro !! You 'old school bikers' have always known how to party and put on and enjoy a good rally , and sounds like the new generations are also continuing that great motorcycling tradition !!

Aaaahh, Woodstock . . .
View attachment 1592451

View attachment 1592449
A great rally, been there many times, always good weather, great ride, good people, good times!
A few years ago (maybe 10 years) late at night there was naked girl dancers with poles of fire at each end spinning and swirling around . . pretty far out. and so was I at the time lol.
Earlier the same day there was a mock battle staged between a tank ( owned by a local West Coast farmer) and a group of 'Arab terrorists', the 'Arabs' , all dressed in long flowing white gowns and Arab head gear, came hooning into the rally site/camping area in an old '70's Mercedes sedan and jumped out firing machine guns and Ak47s (blanks obviously) at the tank, then the tank let off a couple of rounds, (staged but looked frickin' awesome) and blew up the Merc, a loud boom and huge fireball went up from the Merc, the Merc was actually full on burning and the terrorists ran off firing their guns in the air and screaming the obligatory "Allah Akbar!!" . . . it was the best entertainment I've ever seen at a Rally, or anywhere for that matter!
Yeah, that was the best Rally I've ever been to, and I've been to over a hundred.
So have fun there Cantab, hope the weather holds out for you all and ride safe bro.
Next up is the Vincent County Rall at Alexandra, Feb 1st, you going?

VCR campsite
View attachment 1592450
I remember that imaginary tank battle to it was a laugh, and the tank was always positioned overlooking the site, turret looking menacing pointing at ya...fine weather Fri/Sat but woke up to rain this morn:laugh::mad:.
Im going to the Vincent on fri with bro and sis inlaws :D

Back