Lets see your helmet!!

Not a very extravagant collection of lids but my sons Bilt and my AGV both do the job and we can talk to each other while riding.
20180826_114359.jpg

I have an HJC as well but it’s old. Still fits though. I like that the Scorpions are DOT and Snell tested unlike the HJCs that are DOT and ECE and they’re about half the price of the HJCs.

I have an HJC as well but it’s old. Still fits though. I like that the Scorpions are DOT and Snell tested unlike the HJCs that are DOT and ECE and they’re about half the price of the HJCs.

The RPHA 70 ST is ECE/DOT rated though and the RPHA 11 Pro is a race ready helmet with ECE and DOT-no Snell rating

Although my older HJC has Snell rating oddly enough

Here's a little read on the subject:

https://silodrome.com/snell-vs-dot-vs-ece-r22-05-helmet-standards-throwdown/

The RPHA 70 ST is ECE/DOT rated though and the RPHA 11 Pro is a race ready helmet with ECE and DOT-no Snell rating

Although my older HJC has Snell rating oddly enough

Here's a little read on the subject:

https://silodrome.com/snell-vs-dot-vs-ece-r22-05-helmet-standards-throwdown/

I’ve read a lot about the three ratings. It’s arguable but it seems that an ECE test and rating is similar and probably better than the DOT requirements but from what I’ve read the Snell isn’t just another test rating, it involves a different kind of testing than the other two provide. So, having an ECE/DOT rating to me, is less of a rating compared to having a DOT/Snell rated helmet. Snell won’t test front flip helmets either. I don’t think they consider them safe.

I’ve read a lot about the three ratings. It’s arguable but it seems that an ECE test and rating is similar and probably better than the DOT requirements but from what I’ve read the Snell isn’t just another test rating, it involves a different kind of testing than the other two provide. So, having an ECE/DOT rating to me, is less of a rating compared to having a DOT/Snell rated helmet. Snell won’t test front flip helmets either. I don’t think they consider them safe.

It will be the first non Snell rated helmet I have owned in many years. The racing community must feel ECE is good enough as these helmets are on the track.

Not a fan of flip helmets, I sometimes see people riding around with the front up-don't get that but to each their own.

It will be the first non Snell rated helmet I have owned in many years. The racing community must feel ECE is good enough as these helmets are on the track.

Not a fan of flip helmets, I sometimes see people riding around with the front up-don't get that but to each their own.

You know, I think they were born out of those giant land yacht touring rigs having huge windscreens. You can not only have a smoke as you ride, you can light up while on the move. No air movement. Geared up in the heat behind those windscreens with a full face helmet must be very uncomfortable. No real a/c yet but ashtrays and cupholders are standard! :laugh::laugh:

Though about ordering these for riding the cruiser in the summer:
Baseball Helmet.jpg

Half Helmet.jpg

Though I'm upgrading to larger engine cruiser and figured it's better wait to see what color I get.

I'm one of the few smoker left on the planet and would like to option of lighting up.

You know, I think they were born out of those giant land yacht touring rigs having huge windscreens. You can not only have a smoke as you ride, you can light up while on the move. No air movement. Geared up in the heat behind those windscreens with a full face helmet must be very uncomfortable. No real a/c yet but ashtrays and cupholders are standard! :laugh::laugh:
I think they were born for Euro cops on the Autobahn. They wanted full face coverage but the ability to talk open faced to the poor bugger they pulled over...

Back