What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Chain guard, ohlins damper mounts, and axle sliders done!

4FF713F4-FD72-4313-BFAF-4986ECD169D1.jpeg

84341D21-8B3C-467B-87F6-8E505957DD75.jpeg

9DE52147-6E6F-4C32-8BC9-02506AC285E5.jpeg

@mabupa actually gave me the gentleman from Vanzuki’s direct email he is an awesome guy and great to deal with. The brake spring and the swing arm hardware are from him. I didn’t even consider the brake spring but it actually really helps with the aftermarket rear sets.
HI jeffgordons24. It is a super steel. Stainless melts at 1450 incanl melts at 2350 to 2450. Great for turbo valves. and other parts but a lot of $.

....removed the front reflectors......and that decal on the swingarm, it was one of those decals that came off one little micro piece at a time even with a heat gun and "Goo Be Gone" it took me a half hour to take that little decal off...

Rode it! Found a nice 130 mile loop west of the Park. A lot of old rough pavement sections but that’s what keeps traffic away.:D It’s also warmer out in the flats. Some very nice long straightaways too! First ride on it since mid November. One nice thing about this route are the corners that start the route and end the route. Some great old growth Oak trees are all over the place and then they blend into the evergreens nearing the Park. I didn’t feel like stopping much so I didn’t take any pics. I’ll ride it again and take some. I’d like to capture all the whoopdies in one shot but w/o a drone...Even though I know the pavement is gonna be there it’s still unnerving to rise up over a blind hill w/o (absolutely) knowing.:laugh: There must be 6-8 of these hills on a long straightaway.:cool:

Rode it! Found a nice 130 mile loop west of the Park. A lot of old rough pavement sections but that’s what keeps traffic away.:D It’s also warmer out in the flats. Some very nice long straightaways too! First ride on it since mid November. One nice thing about this route are the corners that start the route and end the route. Some great old growth Oak trees are all over the place and then they blend into the evergreens nearing the Park. I didn’t feel like stopping much so I didn’t take any pics. I’ll ride it again and take some. I’d like to capture all the whoopdies in one shot but w/o a drone...Even though I know the pavement is gonna be there it’s still unnerving to rise up over a blind hill w/o (absolutely) knowing.:laugh: There must be 6-8 of these hills on a long straightaway.:cool:
Did you notice a big difference between the two?

Did you notice a big difference between the two?

I sure did, comfort and power. The Z is quick and fast but not locomotive fast like the Busa. Going slow (under 90) the Z is more comfy and also in the corners. It’s just easier to ride under most circumstances. At speed on long straights the Busa is King and quite comfy. Did the same loop before on the Z and I was less fatigued on it compared to the Busa. I’ve ridden the Busa more than twice around the world in all conditions and loved every mile but I think my age and relative (out of shape-ness):confused::laugh: is a contributing factor to my comfort level. If I were to ride from here to Montana or S. Dakota the Busa would be my choice especially in the summer. Shorter rides with plenty of corners, the Z would be my choice. Cold weather is also a factor as I don’t like riding with layers and textile overpants and jacket especially at speed. I much prefer my leathers. But all in all, I think my age is catching up to me (which is probably making ali123 smile.). I’ll be riding and comparing them thru the winter of course but spring and summer awaits.:D

I sure did, comfort and power. The Z is quick and fast but not locomotive fast like the Busa. Going slow (under 90) the Z is more comfy and also in the corners. It’s just easier to ride under most circumstances. At speed on long straights the Busa is King and quite comfy. Did the same loop before on the Z and I was less fatigued on it compared to the Busa. I’ve ridden the Busa more than twice around the world in all conditions and loved every mile but I think my age and relative (out of shape-ness):confused::laugh: is a contributing factor to my comfort level. If I were to ride from here to Montana or S. Dakota the Busa would be my choice especially in the summer. Shorter rides with plenty of corners, the Z would be my choice. Cold weather is also a factor as I don’t like riding with layers and textile overpants and jacket especially at speed. I much prefer my leathers. But all in all, I think my age is catching up to me (which is probably making ali123 smile.). I’ll be riding and comparing them thru the winter of course but spring and summer awaits.:D
Good perspective, interesting read.
It is good you have two different bikes for two different applications.

I flushed the rear brake as thought I had a soft pedal. Turned out to be a lose jam nut on brake master causing excess travel.
I then detailed RJ's wheels, and adjusted Penske shocks ride height.
Did a ton of work on a friend's C14 today.
Buell pegs, modified VFR800 tank ring to a Kawasaki bolt pattern. Gave him the nice no touch Marsee tank bag 11 liter.

1547266026217.jpg

DSC_1209.JPG

DSC_1210.JPG

Back